• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
Will Arsenal get fined like Liverpool were for Ziege or a points penalty like Chelsea did? Or is it not that serious.

Or is it more inline with what Liverpool (again) did with Dempsey? I am not really clued up on the whole Suarez situation.

What are we getting fined for exactly? We've done nothing wrong...

LTWheels

I cannot wait.

The media seem to have shifted over to our side over the last 24 hours. Feels good man.

do you ever think the media would be on Suarez's side after what he has said about him? After the initial reporting's of his interview, there has been tons of opinion pieces by journos slamming Suarez.

i am the best defender on fifa 13 pro, i played for the biggest clubs in the fifa world/

my psn is cashville_615, 800 clean sheets, i am david luiz. ask about me number 40th in the world...

currently my psn is banned till the 8th of august do to some thugness on playstation home® but i will be back tommorow.

GHG

Gold Member
I think, if you were to, it'd be something about knowing of a clause in Suarez's contract (hence the 40m+£1 bid). Which I don't think is allowed.

Why not? If his agent has volunteered that information to us along with the fact that he can be persuaded to leave Liverpool then its not in our power to prevent that information coming through to us. As Wenger said earlier, we were told he wanted to leave Liverpool, he's a player we like so we made a bid.

I don't understand why everyone is making a bigger deal of this than it really is. I guess people were more comfortable when Arsenal didn't have sums of £40m to just flash about.

jtb

Banned
It isn't a release clause though. If it was, Arsenal would be negotiating a contract with him already.

Well, obviously. But then it would just be treated the same as any other bid. I don't see how this would be violating any league rules.

Wilbur

Banned
i am the best defender on fifa 13 pro, i played for the biggest clubs in the fifa world/

my psn is cashville_615, 800 clean sheets, i am david luiz. ask about me number 40th in the world...

currently my psn is banned till the 8th of august do to some thugness on playstation home® but i will be back tommorow.

Thugness I can't breathe gahahaha

Shagwell

Why not? If his agent has volunteered that information to us along with the fact that he can be persuaded to leave Liverpool then its not in our power to prevent that information coming through to us. As Wenger said earlier, we were told he wanted to leave Liverpool, he's a player we like so we made a bid.

I don't understand why everyone is making a bigger deal of this than it really is. I guess people were more comfortable when Arsenal didn't have sums of £40m to just flash about.

I don't think Arsenal are in the wrong nor do I care if they are fined. I'm just trying to relay my very, very vague understanding of what is being said.

From the telegraph:

There is also the prospect of Liverpool making a formal complaint to the Premier League about Arsenal’s bid for Suárez. Contract clauses are usually confidential and Liverpool themselves were fined £20,000 in 2002 for making an illegal approach for Christian Ziege after meeting his precise Middlesbrough release clause.

Messi

really all depends on your manager, in la liga barcelona puts fear in everyone who plays them in that high preasure closing down football is excellent, but in champions league you pay for those mistakes, in my opinion barcelona has the worst defense in the top 10 clubs in europe, seriously pique is out of this world overrated. masch is lazy.

- didnt alves contract end and got released this summer? i thought it was over for him.

Alves is contracted until 2015

So...what about number 40th in the world?

panty

It's glorious.

ADBMoEs.gif

K1LLER7

30m for Baines and Fellaini, why the fuck are we lowballing. They won't sell for less than 40m.

Oh fuck off Woodward.

No way we'll sign both players for just £30m. If Fellaini's clause has expired then we'd be lucky to get him for that fee.
Don't worry United bros.

We got Dat £100m.

30m baillani

35m Cesc

35m + Rooney - Ronaldo.

Woodward will bring us joy.

GHG

Gold Member
I don't think Arsenal are in the wrong nor do I care if they are fined. I'm just trying to relay my very, very vague understanding of what is being said.

From the telegraph:

As it says, these tings are "usually confidential". Now in that case if Liverpool came by that information through illegitimate means then yes, they are open to being fined. On the other hand, we all know how this information was given to us. The only person Liverpool or the FA can fine with legitimate reason in this scenario is Suarez's agent as he was the one who made the clause known to third parties outside of the agreement.

Feorax

There's a photo of Suarez circulating on twitter of him leaving Melwood today.

Seems as though it's after he's been told he's not welcome back until his attitude improves. He looks devastated.

Shagwell

As it says, these tings are "usually confidential". Now in that case if Liverpool came by that information through illegitimate means then yes, they are open to being fined. On the other hand, we all know how this information was given to us. The only person Liverpool or the FA can fine with legitimate reason in this scenario is Suarez's agent as he was the one who made the clause known to third parties outside of the agreement.

Are you allowed to speak to a player's agent without his club's permission? (genuine question)

Timurid

Capoue to spurs would be a good move for both parties. One needs a defender and the other wants to play for a bigger club.

Just sucks, when Mino needs some cash. :lol

Lightning

Banned

From the telegraph:
But Suarez agent was going public pleading for someone to bid over £40m. Suarez camp went public with it not Arsenal.

Shagwell

But Suarez agent was going public pleading for someone to bid over £40m. Suarez camp went public with it not Arsenal.

Ah. That's true, that didn't cross my mind. His agent didn't have to speak directly to Arsenal, he did all his blabbering to the press.

Really it doesn't matter. Even if you were in the wrong somehow and were fined, £20,000 is no skin off anyone's ass.

Salvadora

Oliver Kay from the Times summed it up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom