• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in 2 days we'll find out who our opponents are and if we don't complete the Suarez deal by August 12th he can't help us qualify even if we do sign him? Wenger damnit, hurry up.

Fenerbahce and Sociedad are the teams to avoid I think. At least I wouldn't want to draw them. Metallist could be bad for Arsenal as well if only due to the long trip to Ukraine.

Linius

Suarez2.png

THE SUAREZ SAGA: PART 1

Moved from Ajax years ago
If only the present he could see
Being in Liverpool meant
Watching CL matches on TV

The poor cunt went mad
With no trophies in sight
Had to chew forearms
No silverware to bite

The pundits turned on him
After a series of stunts
The only people defending him
Are vampires and cunts

But a savoir appears
Arsenal makes a bid with intent
Liverpool laughs at the offer
Official response was: "get bent"

Suarez needs to be warned
Got the wrong idea about Arsenal
Last time they won a title
Katie Price was still virginal

This is one of your finest works so far :lol

Salvadora

Fenerbahce and Sociedad are the teams to avoid I think. At least I wouldn't want to draw them. Metallist could be bad for Arsenal as well if only due to the long trip to Ukraine.
They're all a bit disastrous at the moment I think, as we have a thin overworked squad. Wouldn't be that surprised if we were knocked out by any of those teams. Especially as we'll have to juggle domestic obligations.

Lightning

Banned
They're all a bit disastrous at the moment I think, as we have a thin overworked squad. Wouldn't be that surprised if we were knocked out by any of those teams. Especially as we'll have to juggle domestic obligations.
You've gotta be kidding? We have exactly the same team as last year. Sociedad have lost key players, don't know much about Fenebache, and a trip to Ukraine is annoying but we should win.

The players sold did not play anyway and we're not flooded with injuries. The thinness of our squad will come into play later in the season, has no bearing on these qualifiers.

Hixx

Do you reckon the club have given up on him for his lack of progression, or because of the cuntiness? Or both?

I can see him and Di Canio getting into arguments constantly as well

Mostly cos he is shit. But Paolo also likes inverted wingers and he tried to do it with McClean last season and failed miserably.

Salvadora

You've gotta be kidding? We have exactly the same team as last year. Sociedad have lost key players, don't know much about Fenebache, and a trip to Ukraine is annoying but we should win.

The players sold did not play anyway and we're not flooded with injuries. The thinness of our squad will come into play later in the season, has no bearing on these qualifiers.
Mertesacker had to play 180 minutes at the weekend and Sagna had to play CB because we're so short in that position. Despite his flaws, having Vermaelen to chuck on in the Ukraine would be a welcome relief.

Feorax

Get ready to write part 2 later tonight. Guardian writer on BT sport just said they're gonna break a new story at 10 pm

Did we discuss that the PFA have told Suarez he hasn't got a leg to stand on?

Seems as though both the Telegraph and Guardian have slated him today too, despite getting their interviews.

Feorax

Apparently we've told Aggers agent we don't intend to sell him, and tbf, it doesn't look like Agger wants to seek a move.

Seems as though we've cancelled Skrtels move as a precaution though.

IF cavani cost 62 million

then saurez is worth 80 million

if david silva cost 40 million

then barca better cough off 50 million for our luiz.

i hate barcelona with passion after the 2009 semi finale i want our club to do no business to them.

IF cavani cost 62 million

then saurez is worth 80 million

if david silva cost 40 million

then barca better cough off 50 million for our luiz.

i hate barcelona with passion after the 2009 semi finale i want our club to do no business to them.

David Silva was around £30m I think.
You didn't get revenge on Barca last time round?

Messi

Can we talk seriously about Barca and defenders?

Who should we try and sign who will suit the system best. Is there any value defenders at the moment?

ShogunX

What the fuck is this news at 10pm going to be?

A transfer request?, Suarez going on strike?, Interest from another club?

Somebody has suggested that the news is a previously embargoed story about Suarez. That would be messy to say the least.

The whole thing has become incredibly boring and tedious and we just need to get rid. No doubt this is the type of reaction Suarez had been wanting from the club and the fans. Twat.

Arnie

Suarez not got a leg to stand on.

Topple the cunt.

And pull Arsenal's prostate out whilst we're at it.

/Malcolm Tucker

Feorax

So this pretty much means that there's no reason for Suarez to take this to the PL or to court? I assume so, since I can't see their interpretation of the contract being significantly different to that of the PFA.

LegoArmo

Should be an easy enough draw for the play off round, I hope. But they'll have to play a million times better than tonight.

Dazzler

Taking a stab here that the Suarez story is interest from another club, probably Madrid

This interview last night probably flushed them out

This is pretty awesome. During the MLS All-Stars vs Roma game, they had the ref mic'ed up and had a GoPro (or some equivalent) on him. Would love to see more footage.

tumblr_inline_mr4j65cMYR1qz4rgp.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w8g6rAmHtAk

That was really cool, Roma players always looking for a fight. Even when there's a camera on their face.

I always thought the ref had to signal for a goal, you never hear a ref in a game live or on TV because of the fan cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom