• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Arteta, lol. He was ready to put on his wrestling gear it looked like. Can't believe he has 0 caps for Spain..wow.

This ref is absolutely fucking City -- thank god this is a nothing game.

Linius

Oh my God, I see Barca are trying to buy Jantje <3

And Spartak meanwhile try to convince Alderweireld to come to Russia. It's funny Sviat how you said Russian clubs don't have that much more money. But now it seems they are going to convice him to play in Russia with a huge salary. We'll see how it all pans out.

ShogunX

Oh my God, I see Barca are trying to buy Jantje <3

And Spartak meanwhile try to convince Alderweireld to come to Russia. It's funny Sviat how you said Russian clubs don't have that much more money. But now it seems they are going to convice him to play in Russia with a huge salary. We'll see how it all pans out.

He should of taken the Norwich offer and had a decent release clause in his contract.

Linius

He should of taken the Norwich offer and had a decent release clause in his contract.

Why would he go to Norwhich? He plays for a club that is always in for the title and plays CL on a regular basis. He deserves a better club in the EPL than Norwhich. And he turned them down because it wouldn't help him much for his career.

And of course, if he goes Spartak for the money the whole point of turning Norwhich down would be silly since Spartak might even be a bigger step down but okay :p

ShogunX

Why would he go to Norwhich? He plays for a club that is always in for the title and plays CL on a regular basis. He deserves a better club in the EPL than Norwhich. And he turned them down because it wouldn't help him much for his career.

And of course, if he goes Spartak for the money the whole point of turning Norwhich down would be silly since Spartak might even be a bigger step down but okay :p

Well he would get his chance to play in the Premiership and if he does well a better team within the league might be in for him. He's been flirting with any club that looks his way and seems desperate to get away from Ajax. I imagine he thought a lot of decent teams would want him but it just hasn't happened.

Is he on low wages with Ajax?

Salvadora

That transfer money is going to good use so far.

Should send a truck of it to UEFA too so we're guaranteed Champion's League qualification.

Linius

Well he would get his chance to play in the Premiership and if he does well a better team within the league might be in for him. He's been flirting with any club that looks his way and seems desperate to get away from Ajax. I imagine he thought a lot of decent teams would want him but it just hasn't happened.

Is he on low wages with Ajax?

We have a salary top of 1 million. I suppose that's what he makes, since he's one of our most important players for several years now. And yes, seeing his age he's ready for a step up and after three title in a row he likes to make that step. He's waiting for clubs like Spurs, Liverpool or Everton. Obviously he won't make at the 'real' top like Chelsea and Man. United. But taking a huge step down first in order to get to a bigger club is just silly. He's proven himself enough over the past couple of seasons.

bud

when arsenal have the ball, they can be pretty decent. however, they lack refinement and effectiveness in the final third. cazorla will make a difference, but you're still left with a very weak front line.

walcott is a one-trick pony. i don't think giroud had a bad first season in terms of stats, but a player like him just isn't the number nine that arsenal need. podolski has his moments, but he looks uninterested 90% of the time and simply isn't good enough.

ShogunX

We have a salary top of 1 million. I suppose that's what he makes, since he's one of our most important players for several years now. And yes, seeing his age he's ready for a step up and after three title in a row he likes to make that step. He's waiting for clubs like Spurs, Liverpool or Everton. Obviously he won't make at the 'real' top like Chelsea and Man. United. But taking a huge step down first in order to get to a bigger club is just silly. He's proven himself enough over the past couple of seasons.

I agree he deserves better than Norwich but right now his options seem limited. I imagine a move to Russia would of been the last thing on his mind when the season ended. If it's a toss up between the two and no other clubs show any interest then he really should stay in Amsterdam. I guess it all comes down to how much he wants to move away.

Linius

I agree he deserves better than Norwich but right now his options seem limited. I imagine a move to Russia would of been the last thing on his mind when the season ended. If it's a toss up between the two and no other clubs show any interest then he really should stay in Amsterdam. I guess it all comes down to how much he wants to move away.

Yeah, that's true. I'm afraid his wallet will very much like what Spartak has to offer and that he'll leave anyways. Luckily for us we can replace him quite easily with players we already have. But I wouldn't mind having him around for another season. In order for that to happen he'll have to sign another year. It would be worse if Eriksen decides to leave last minute, which is almost 100% to happen :/

How much would you attribute that to the decline of Xavi? Xavi was amazing against Italy in the Euros but hasn't been able to keep that level over the course of an entire season for some time now and has struggled with injuries/fitness. We all know Guardiola is a tinkerer that overdoes things at times but would you attribute the shift in principles to him proactively adapting to the metronome's decline?

Xavi's decline has happened over the last 2 seasons though, Barca's change in focus happened almost overnight. I think Guardiola just shifted his priority to keeping the ball at all costs and trusting that the players were good enough to find the openings enough times to win the match.

Like he'd rather win 2-0 than 4-1

Manager

Dat just sounds salty, there's only really been that Wilshere tackle that should've been a foul.

Disallowed goal didn't look offside, and later Arsenal player seemed to stop a cross by Silva in the penalty area with his hand. They didn't show a replay though. Silva was mad.

There was also the part where Kosch jumped into Dzeko back, and Arsenal getting free kicks all over for more minor things.

Only a friendly and as a Swede I'm not even surprised by the finnish football incompetence anyway, so bah.

dc89

Ten years ago today we welcomed Barca to the Etihad to play the first game in our new home!

BRTkbb4CcAADWU0.jpg:large

Salvadora

Disallowed goal didn't look offside, and later Arsenal player seemed to stop a cross by Silva in the penalty area with his hand. They didn't show a replay though. Silva was mad.

There was also the part where Kosch jumped into Dzeko back, and Arsenal getting free kicks all over for more minor things.

Only a friendly and as a Swede I'm not even surprised by the finnish football incompetence anyway, so bah.
His shoulder looked offside, but we'd need to see the replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom