• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chamakh officially gone apparently. Gotten rid of everyone we needed to this summer, bar Bendtner. That should make me happy, and I'm really confident in our first team, but we just seem dangerously short of numbers.

GHG

Gold Member
Man City have deliberately not turned up to lull us into a false sense of security and convince Wenger we don't need someone like Suarez.

I'm convinced of it.

Just offside from Giroud. Good finish though...

Splatt

What's the rest of your bets, and how much?

I copied your and Bumhead's bet(without Rangers, I was too late for that). I put 5€, 125€ is the payout :)

Thanks btw :)

I also have a separate high stake bet, which has Dortmund :D

That one is:

Dortmund, Shakhtar, Metalist, PSV and Dinamo Z.

Meier

City still lacking that final bit. That looked like a good scoring opportunity but it just slowed down a bit too much at the end. Hopefully that'll come once these guys are more accustomed to playing with each other.

confuziz

Banned
I copied your and Bumhead's bet(without Rangers, I was too late for that). I put 5€, 125€ is the payout :)

Thanks btw :)

I also have a separate high stake bet, which has Dortmund :D

That one is:

Dortmund, Shakhtar, Metalist, PSV and Dinamo Z.

PSV is a good choice =D

dc89

Arsenal are proper dirty little bastards. Can't stop Navas without hacking him to death.
If there was a market, I'd lump £10 on him to be the most fouled player this season.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm so nervous. The most I've ever bet is 2 quid and the most I've ever won is 28 quid

this is the highest stake of my life

im so scared

ramsey-goal.html

This is the only gif I could find.

subtles

Nasri is too deliberate. Slows the game down soooo much -- don't think he fits in with Pellegrini's ethos at all.

I wish it was Isco on the pitch instead. Damn, the board better not spend any money after this, they should convince Wenger the team is just fine.

Sloane

Banned
Dat Aubameyang

Overall a bit disappointing, but it's okay for the first match of the season. Our defense didn't look all that great considering Klopp wanted to improve there. Augsburg was tough to play, great performance by them, although they kinda fell apart after the 0-2.
Yeah, that didn't look so good overall. Defense needs to improve, and I guess Gündogan has his injury (and playing as 10) as an excuse but he has to become much more consistent quickly.

Also, Hofmann needs to stop doing this shit, it was already noticable last season with BVB II and in the pre-season but it's getting annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom