• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

iPenjUJN2W2Fu.gif

Lol, never seen this one before. Nice move :p

dc89

The other day when asked about Barry, Suarez and Sinclair's future at the club Pellegrini replied with "next week we will see."

Well I think they'll also be looking at another defender for sure. I don't think the cheque book has been put away yet, another defender after that showing must be tempting.

justjohn

And yet again bale is not playing. He needs to get it into thick head that he's not going anywhere and start concentrating on the team that pays him 100k plus a week.

Clegg

Delusional fans see what they want to see.

No he doesn't. Stop fooling yourself.

Aren't you the lad who called us all plastics?

And I said he was quick. He is.

I've watched him play for the last two season. His first touch is quite good. His decision making after that is what lets him down.

Wilbur

Banned
LOL I can easily show you gif of shit players scoring amazing goals also. Doesn't mean they are great players.

I didn't say he was a great player. I think he'll come good and become a good player for us, there's enough evidence there. He's intelligent, makes good runs, did a fucking top job on Alonso in the CL, he's fast and strong and two seasons ago he scored 12 goals or something for us. Writing him off this quick is like if Sterling does fuck all this year, I call him shit and you cry.

I didn't say he was a great player. I think he'll come good and become a good player for us, there's enough evidence there. He's intelligent, makes good runs, did a fucking top job on Alonso in the CL, he's fast and strong and two seasons ago he scored 12 goals or something for us. Writing him off this quick is like if Sterling does fuck all this year, I call him shit and you cry.

Welbeck's like 4 years older than Sterling tbf.

Half of our own fans write him off, of course others will.

Such is life. They'll all be proved wrong in good time.

xintin

This PL Club Guide on NBC Sports is so terrible. CL = "The Super Bowl of Europe" jesus christ :lol
I hate when things are dumbed down like this.

edit - no one cares about a club's famous fans either

I never said you said he was a great player, I was just pointing out that scoring a lucky goal doesn't make you a great player.

And on Sterling, I'm still not convinced about him either.

We'll see about Welbeck but nothing about him impresses me. How that guy get games while Hernandez sits on the bench amazes me.

Wilbur

Banned
lost 2 out of 4 bets. if Monaco wins i'll still turn a profit (7€) but not as much as i expected.

Fuck I forgot they were playing tonight. At least it won't be a loss if they win.

dat 350 quid profit #YOLO

Welbeck's like 4 years older than Sterling tbf.

Not the point I'm making, really. Welbeck's played one season with Sunderland and two with us. He's been good in two of them, poor in one of them. During that time he's also done well with England. It's absurd writing him off at this point.

Facism

Gold Member
Fuck I forgot they were playing tonight. At least it won't be a loss if they win.

dat 350 quid profit #YOLO

still waiting on skybet to confirm the wolves result, taking them fucking ages. every other result was confirmed as soon as they came in lol

Wilbur

Banned
man trying to find out what the return is on my bet at skybet but can't find a fucking thing lol

Mine all says won, but still says potential return. I've taken screenshots about a million times of my computer in case I don't get my money

I'M PARANOID ALREADY

I never said you said he was a great player, I was just pointing out that scoring a lucky goal doesn't make you a great player.

And on Sterling, I'm still not convinced about him either.

We'll see about Welbeck but nothing about him impresses me. How that guy get games while Hernandez sits on the bench amazes me.

Welbeck's a better player than Hernandez. He's not as good a goalscorer, and I think Chicha's all round game has come on a fair amount in the last year, but they do different jobs. Welbeck, over two legs against Real Madrid, was the best player. Arguably you could make a case for Ronaldo, and I'm not going to read into one game too much, but there's potential there for sure. It's far too early to write him off.

Sterling will be great if he sorts his personal life out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom