• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Fuck, that's another £8.5m spent.

Adding that into the pot, you've spent £51.5m so far this summer.... where does your club get the money.

I've heard their wealthy owner mentioned before, but my understanding was the Joe Lewis took a pretty hands off approach.
Aye, I suppose the TV money/sponsorship could be a big factor in your spending. It's just so strange to watch.

To be fair Levy invested money in the club when he had a proper director of Football in Damien Comolli (which all went a bit tits up because he's a moron). He didn't trust Arry with a penny but now he's got AVB & Baldini he probably feels comfortable splashing some cash again.

Is Bale to Madrid still on?

€98.5M

That's all Madrid is gonna pay, more than enough, It would be a shame Bale misses Madrid train because one greedy bastard. And those trains only passes once in a lifetime.

After seeing Madrid pre-season, I'd say we don't need him. Team is a beast in offense possitions.

Messi

Just seen the ad on sky saying La Liga is back next week. I think they need to add more footage of Real and Barca. I don't think I seen Ronaldo or Messi.

Feorax

In addition to the Cissokho rumours, it also looks like Rodgers has stepped in to try and stop Downing's move to WHU, saying he'd prefer him to fight for his place.

Unless we're going 4-3-3 next season with no dedicated number 10, that concerns me greatly.

Mastadon

Banned
In addition to the Cissokho rumours, it also looks like Rodgers has stepped in to try and stop Downing's move to WHU, saying he'd prefer him to fight for his place.

Unless we're going 4-3-3 next season with no dedicated number 10, that concerns me greatly.

Where are you getting the Downing rumour from? I'd be surprised if BR did step in, he honestly doesn't come across as a Downing fan.

Carbonox

Just finished watching Silver Linings Playbook.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing Oscar-winning about it though so despite liking Lawrence's character, I'm utterly baffled how it was deserved of best actress. She was fucking stunning during that dance sequence though. God damn.

Definitely warming to David O. Russell though. Loved The Fighter too. Will keep an eye on his future projects.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing Oscar-winning about it though so despite liking Lawrence's character, I'm utterly baffled how it was deserved of best actress. She was fucking stunning during that dance sequence though. God damn.

Definitely warming to David O. Russell though. Loved The Fighter too. Will keep an eye on his future projects.

Three Kings and I <3 Huckabees are considerably better than those two movies of his.

Messi

Played a kid in fifa with Valencia today who told me he was going to 'make me his bitch'. Didn't even have my mic plugged in. He sounded like 13. I won 5-0. Dat Soldado.

Feorax

Where are you getting the Downing rumour from? I'd be surprised if BR did step in, he honestly doesn't come across as a Downing fan.

Same source who was the first to say he was going to WHU.

I'm concerned that if Rodgers is asking Downing to stay, he's admitting defeat in the market and wants to make sure he isn't left short. Doesn't bode well with Rodgers comments on Costa yesterday.

I'm concerned that if Rodgers is asking Downing to stay, he's admitting defeat in the market and wants to make sure he isn't left short. Doesn't bode well with Rodgers comments on Costa yesterday.

I though Cadena Ser reported days ago that the player himself rejected the move?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Yeah, she was good but not fucking Oscar good.

Not that winning the Oscar means anything now. It's kinda like winning the Ballon d'Or.

Lightning

Banned

What did Rodgers say yesterday on Costa?

Oh hey bros look it's a formation for the new season:

Manager: Moyes

Moyes's Boys:

------------------------De GOD-------------------------

Rafa----------JEvans--------Vidic-------------Evra

ZahALLAH---ClevGOD----Carrick---------Nani

--------------------------Welbeck----------------------

-----------------------------RVP-------------------------

You're welcome.

kharma45

Oh hey bros look it's a formation for the new season:

Manager: Moyes