• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
At top form:

Lucas=Sandro>Gustavo

Current form, assuming Sandro gets back to his best:

Sandro>Gustavo>Lucas

On second thought, he probably would start for Brazil regardless. None of the DMs are great atm. I expect Sandro to nail that place down before the end of the season

bud

John Cross.

He's an Arsenal mouthpiece a lot of the time but he seems sure that Arsenal will get Gustavo for in or around £14m. Price seems a bit low imo.

i don't think that's an unreasonable price considering his situation.

besides, they sold off gomez, who was a very prolific goalscorer for them, for a relatively low price as well.

Peco

Maybe it was just rumors. Anyway, do you think Gattuso is going to get them promoted this year?

Gattuso won everything as a player and I hope he'll be able to succeed as a coach as well. But Zamparini is an unpredictable old fuck, it's really hard for me to say.

Linius

Linius, I like you, I like your avatar. Remind me who you support again so I can like you even more.

My avatar? That was my hipster doucht Animal Crossing character :p

You play it too? I support Ajax btw. Irrelevant club to most of us in here. Except for City fans of course. They can't beat us.

noal

Banned
My avatar? That was my hipster doucht Animal Crossing character :p

You play it too? I support Ajax btw. Irrelevant club to most of us in here. Except for City fans of course. They can't beat us.

Mates. I've always liked the Ajax philosophy. You've brought though as many players as any club and with the right mentality. You should be proud of your club.

Clegg

Is he even on United's radar? Our scouts are having a blinder.

Tbf I think Fellaini is our main DM target. Moyes knows him well from his time at Everton and is obviously very aware of his strengths and weaknesses. But he'd cost a fair bit more than Gustavo.

I've been a bit critical of United's scouts for a while now. Some have done wonderful jobs, especially Jim Lawlor, who scouted the Da Silva's and Hernandez. But then there was the Martin Ferguson/Isco fiasco. And our aversion to signing a cm has crossed the line to the realms of farce.

He can play as a CM, but he was originally a DM.

Wonder how Spurs will fit him, Sandro and Dembele in then, if none of them are naturally AMs. Maybe they'll let both Dembele and Paulinho push forward at will

------------Sandro--------------

----Dembele-----Paulinho-

Lennon-------------Bale------

-----------Soldado-------------

Hmm. 4th.

Linius

Mates. I've always liked the Ajax philosophy. You've brought though as many players as any club and with the right mentality. You should be proud of your club.

Of course I am, we have a big history too. We're one of the few clubs with a CL badge for example. But in modern day football we can't do much in Europe sadly. We have to watch the rich clubs buying our players. If Eriksen leaves this transfer window he'll be leaving at the age of 21 :(

Fuck football fuck it in the ass then the mouth

Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer said:
"It wasn't a classic of a game but I thought we showed fighting qualities and we pushed Forest as close as we possibly could.

"In my opinion, they're one of the favourites with the manager they've got and the money they've got, so we've got some positives to take.

"We haven't played as well as we can."

Would you count that as expectation-lowering straight from page 7 of Roy Hodgson's Guide To Managing A Club Outside Of Your Comfort Zone?

ShogunX

This is such a bad quote from Cavani. Not only should the greasy haired money grabbing twat keep his nose out of our business and concentrate on playing in the 5th best league in Europe, but he should also know that Juventus could never of afforded Suarez last year.

''Not that's what I call loyalty'' pffft these cunts dont even know the meaning of the word.

noal

Banned
Of course I am, we have a big history too. We're one of the few clubs with a CL badge for example. But in modern day football we can't do much in Europe sadly. We have to watch the rich clubs buying our players. If Eriksen leaves this transfer window he'll be leaving at the age of 21 :(

It's really a shame that Ajax can no longer compete as well as Dutch clubs in general. The
Netherlands have given world football some of the greatest players of all time.

jesalr

Maybe DC, but Capoue was at WHL today, must be pretty much done.

BRVH4lTCUAAn87x.jpg:large

Linius

It's really a shame that Ajax can no longer compete as well as Dutch clubs in general. The
Netherlands have given world football some of the greatest players of all time.

Yeah, financially we can't compete anymore. We just can't keep a decent squad together for a longer period of time. If we're lucky we might keep together all the important players from last season, that would be pretty damn unique for us :p

Would you count that as expectation-lowering straight from page 7 of Roy Hodgson's Guide To Managing A Club Outside Of Your Comfort Zone?

Lets be honest this is our level, we are a small town that flew about their perch due to a massive fan who also happened to be a brilliant business man. The walker years were amazing and gave me some of the best memories of my life but we have to accept what we are now.

The gut wrenching thing is we had no reason to descend back to this level just yet it was all the work of some clueless Indians and some agents in it for their own gain.

I like Gary but I don't like the kind of interview that tries to make out we came close to a good draw at home

Plus Gary Bowyers daughter is fiiiiiine (I just hope she isn't under 18)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gattuso won everything as a player and I hope he'll be able to succeed as a coach as well. But Zamparini is an unpredictable old fuck, it's really hard for me to say.
He's their twitter background, they can't possibly fire him now
Fuck football fuck it in the ass then the mouth
That's kinda dirty, Jeff.
This is such a bad quote from Cavani. Not only should the greasy haired money grabbing twat keep his nose out of our business and concentrate on playing in the 5th best league in Europe, but he should also know that Juventus could never of afforded Suarez last year.

''Not that's what I call loyalty'' pffft these cunts dont even know the meaning of the word.
We can certainly 'afford' it but we would never do it.

jesalr

Fuck, that's another £8.5m spent.

Adding that into the pot, you've spent £51.5m so far this summer.... where does your club get the money.

I'm not too sure, I suppose that with the extra TV money, and maybe from our new Sponsorship we can swing it. That said, it'd also be the first season we've actually spent money after sales, so maybe we have a bit of money hidden away.

Salvadora

Wealthy backers.
I've heard their wealthy owner mentioned before, but my understanding was the Joe Lewis took a pretty hands off approach.
I'm not too sure, I suppose that with the extra TV money, and maybe from our new Sponsorship we can swing it. That said, it'd also be the first season we've actually spent money after sales, so maybe we have a bit of money hidden away.
Aye, I suppose the TV money/sponsorship could be a big factor in your spending. It's just so strange to watch.

Zabojnik

liverpool fans, please understand.

Brilliant, but should've gone with So Cruel. Fits almost perfectly. :p

We crossed the line
Who pushed who over?
It doesn't matter to you
It matters to me
We're caught adrift
But still floating
I'm only hanging on
To watch you go down
My love

I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted
It wasn't what you wanted

The men who love you, you hate the most
They pass right through you like a ghost
They look for you, but your spirit is in the air
Baby, you're nowhere

Oh...love...
You say in love there are no rules
Oh...love...
Sweetheart,
You're so cruel

Desparation is a tender trap
It gets you every time
You put your lips to his lips
To stop the lie

His skin is pale like God's only dove
Screams like an angel for your love
Then he makes you watch him from above
And you need him like a drug

Oh...love...
You say in love there are no rules
Oh...love...
Sweetheart,
You're so cruel

He wears my love like a see-through dress
His lips say one thing
His movements something else
Oh love, like a screaming flower
Love, dying every hour

You don't know if it's fear or desire
Danger the drug that takes you higher
Head in heaven, fingers in the mire

His heart is racing, you can't keep up
The night is bleeding like a cut
Between the horses of love and lust
We are trampled underfoot

Oh...love... You say in love there are no rules
Oh...love...
Sweetheart,
You're so cruel

Oh...love...
To stay with you I'd be a fool
Sweetheart
You're so cruel

Achtung Baby, still as amazing today as it was back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom