• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah the EPL is absolutely swarming with brilliant French Defensive Midfielders...

morgan-schneiderlin-training-stoke-news148-825019_478x359.jpg

Salazar

vs Wigan

----------------de Gea-----------------

Rafael------Evans-------Vida--------Evra

-----------Carrick------Cleverley-----------

Zaha---------Welburg-------------Young

-----------Ronald van Persie------------

Trust me.

Ya.

Evans says it's a one-off game that "could go either way"

I want to punch the lanky Irish tit

WJD

I haven't watched a single preseason game but based purely on my own incredible intuition:

De Gea

Rafael
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Young

RVP
Welbeck

4-4-2, just how Moyesy likes it.

Showaddy

i just fucking hate the idea of you having Capoue, Holtby, Dembele and Sandro. pls just let us have some

How about Big Tom Huddlestone or Super Scotty Parker? Gylfi Sigurdsson will probably need a new home at some point this season as well? :D

Edit: Seriously though seeing as Huddlestone is now pretty trim (relatively speaking) I'd encourage most premier league teams to buy him, he's way to good to be sitting on our bench.

Lightning

Banned
Now is the perfect time to nab Gustavo if we can get him. Just turned 26 and entering the best years of his career and plays in a position we deseperately need to strengthen in.

Come on Wenger.

Showaddy

So apparently Spur's are bidding £15 million for both Eriksen & Alderweireld, which sounds like a lot of Journo bullshit to me even as a Spur's fan.

Alderweireld by himself for sub-10 million seems realistic seeing as we need a centre-back and he's on the last year of his contract but Eriksen for sub-10 million as well? No way in hell.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs probably need a centre back, and definitely a left back if BAE is off. Can't rely on Naughton or Vertonghen there to be honest. Maybe the plan is Vert at LB, Kaboul and Dawson as first choice CBs.

Dunno why they'd need Eriksen though; if Bale goes they should get someone who is better wide, i.e. Willian/Lamela. Having Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Holtby would be overkill.

GQman2121

Banned
Heading out to the bars in DC now from our game. Some brief notes....

Moses and Ramires played well in the first half. Both have a place in this team.

Van Ginkel is raw, but like Ramires, he works hard at both ends of the pitch.

Lampard looked much better here than he did in Miami. The goal was great, we were all on our feet from that point on.

Hazard is going to be the player of year for the league. The team changed as soon as he came on.

RFK stadium is the most depressing sports venue in the western hemisphere. What a shithole. I haven't been there in about ten years and it looks as if they have not done any maintenance on it since. Tear this thing down. Obama pls.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom