• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Liga, for some bizarre reason the Super Cup has been scheduled after the league has already started. The Spaniards don't seem to be very good at planning, they just built a 47 story skyscraper and forgot to add any elevators.

Well, at least your federation is not making you play the Supercup in your opponent's stadium, when the rules clearly state that it should be played in yours. Fucking FIGC. If I ever find that notebook from Death Note, I know which names I'm putting down first.

Holland-GAF, what can you tell me about this Janmaat fella? Any good?

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 5m
France CB Mamadou Sakho has told #PSG he wants to leave. #LFC expected to lodge formal bid this week. AC Milan also keen (L'Equipe)

Salazar

DC, Meier

I just played a few hours of futsal with a City youth player. And a Napoli youth player.

But the City youth player, Abdullah.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Humbling.

I dunno what his contract situation is, because he's out in Australia.

But the feet. Holy shit. It's an insane experience seeing elite potential up close.

FootballFan

Well, at least your federation is not making you play the Supercup in your opponent's stadium, when the rules clearly state that it should be played in yours. Fucking FIGC. If I ever find that notebook from Death Note, I know which names I'm putting down first.

Yeah it's bs imo, even if the tickets/seats are shared evenly, it's still an advantage playing in your own stadium.

Like when Madrid paid all that money to play the CDR final at home to make sure the season and Mou don't end up trophyless. Only to see him and their hero cr7 get a red card and lose miserably. :lolol

Death Note is great btw. :p

bjaelke

http://www.slate.com/articles/sport...ssi_the_kiwi_messi_and_every_other_messi.html
lol what happened to Kopenhagen, they're last.
Karma.

They're playing Nordsjælland later today, who just happens to be right above them in the table.
Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 5m
France CB Mamadou Sakho has told #PSG he wants to leave. #LFC expected to lodge formal bid this week. AC Milan also keen (L'Equipe)
We've been linked with him throughout the window. I expect the deal to go through if we sell/loan out Skrtel.

Salazar

No Nani, no Young, no waste-of-fucking-space-who-would-take-a-bullet-for-Ashley-Cole.

Interesting times, United-bros. Jones up the wing. Those limb-flailing, doomed overlaps.

Büttner as makeshift left winger. Fabio in CM.

Wiggum probably gonna put some hurt on us.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 2m
Delighted to announce that I will be writing a weekly football column in the @TelegraphSport in association with @BTSport. #talkingfootball

The least interesting man in football is building quite a media profile

FootballFan

^^ that is a fine goal.

I wish they had won that way we could get smashed 12-0 today then we run out and actually strengthen.

Instead of us winning 3-1 and Moyes saying "not bad should have a good run this season"

Yep that will happen unfortunately for ManUBros.

Moyes: "We showed today this squad is capable of winning important matches and trophies"

No signings will be made and 4th place is achieved.

dc89

It's down to Daniel Levy at this point. If it goes on any longer he wont sell because they'll be no time to spend the money.

I'd hate Levy at my club. He's the kinda guy to cut your nose off to spite your face.

He just sell now, for that huge sum of money. All it takes is one nasty injury and 50% of that money gets irradicated in an instant.

dc89

DC, Meier

I just played a few hours of futsal with a City youth player. And a Napoli youth player.

But the City youth player, Abdullah.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Humbling.

I dunno what his contract situation is, because he's out in Australia.

But the feet. Holy shit. It's an insane experience seeing elite potential up close.

Ahmed Abdullah (I think)!!!!!

Wow Sal! Pretty awesome expierience, how did it come about?!

Salazar

Wow Sal! Pretty awesome expierience, how did it come about?!

We play in a big gym on Sundays. There weren't that many of us and the gym is divided in two. They were just knocking a ball around on the other side of the curtain and after a while we asked them if they wanted to join in.

One of them (tall Asian bloke) is playing a bit for a local team, Broadbeach. God only knows how lethal he is when he's not just stooging around on a Sunday afternoon.

They're planning to play in a Wednesday competition at that gym; I'm probably going to go down just to watch them tear it to fucking pieces. Because you just can't get near them.

dc89

We play in a big gym on Sundays. There weren't that many of us and the gym is divided in two. They were just knocking a ball around on the other side of the curtain and after a while we asked them if they wanted to join in.

One of them (tall Asian bloke) is playing a bit for a local team, Broadbeach. God only knows how lethal he is when he's not just stooging around on a Sunday afternoon.

They're planning to play in a Wednesday competition at that gym; I'm probably going to go down just to watch them tear it to fucking pieces. Because you just can't get near them.

Wow! I'd go watch that for sure!!!

Pretty crazy that two pro's are just knocking it around in some random gym haha. Small world after all.

Doing pretty well with my bets this week. Mostly because I just took Wilbur's accumulator and doubled down on a whim. Have another accumulator going today but no idea how that'll go. A welcome change to be winning for once. Serie A is really difficult to bet on because it can be so random at times.

Hixx

We are cursed for fullbacks. From Mendy and Peruzzi to fucking Colback and some Czech kid who can't even get a game for his national team.

De Fanti out

And the Quagliarella link has resurfaced. £7m. Can't see it, we have 5 strikers atm.

Salazar

Wow! I'd go watch that for sure!!!

Pretty crazy that two pro's are just knocking it around in some random gym haha. Small world after all.

It's madness when your not-very-skilful afternoon kickabout suddenly includes a level of talent your eyes can't quite process.

Mastadon

Banned
I suppose the only reason Sakho would choose us over the other teams that will be undoubtably in for him is that he's guarenteed first team football.

I'm pretty sure we have no chance at all. Would be a fantastic signing for most clubs.

GHG

Gold Member
What did you think of Sebastian Perez trial @ Arsenal today? Any chances of staying?

Looked very tidy on the ball when he came on. Very calm, mopped up well, good touches and has a very good pass on him. He's basically a mini arteta.

There are conflicting reports as to whether we have him wrapped up or not (some say we've got it done for £2.5m and he has a spanish passport so no visa issues). Either way, Wenger is taking this kid seriously, if not he wouldnt have played him yesterday vs man city.

L1NETT

bcafc.gif

Mark Yeates vs Carlisle. So good :) #upbyhalloween

Sorry for the rubs quality.

FootballFan

I suppose the only reason Sakho would choose us over the other teams that will be undoubtably in for him is that he's guarenteed first team football.

I'm pretty sure we have no chance at all. Would be a fantastic signing for most clubs.

Unless he absolutely bottles it like Chygrynskiy then he would definitely start every match for Barca.

Puyol's body is finished, can't remember the last time he spent 1 month not injured.

Mascherano is okay at CB but Sakho would take his spot for sure. Unless Martino prefers his Argentine :p

Bartra is young and just not good enough yet, he can play in Copa Del Rey matches.

It's much too smart and logical of a buy to actually happen though lol. Will probably just spend 40m on Walter Samuel or something.

dc89

We are cursed for fullbacks. From Mendy and Peruzzi to fucking Colback and some Czech kid who can't even get a game for his national team.

De Fanti out

And the Quagliarella link has resurfaced. £7m. Can't see it, we have 5 strikers atm.

Is De Fanti your Txiki? But crap.

Ajax is a risky bet guys. AZ away is always a tough one. Last season was 2-3. The three seasons before ended in a draw.

The Eresdivisie is notoriously known for poor defending and high scoring games.

http://comparetheleagues.com/

i envision it as a 2-1 win for Ajax, to be honest.

I'm a life long supporter of the PS Vita.

I have a feeling that Feyenoord and Twente are gonna draw.

forgot to say, dutch are excluded. blame confuziz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom