• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

We aren't signing anyone!

;_;

Eh I'm reasonably confident that we'll sign someone half decent.

Moyes knows we need to strengthen and Woodward wants a signing to make a statement to the fans.

Edit: Although I have been saying this for a month and we still haven't signed anyone.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Willian is over rated. We could use Lamela. Alderweireld would be good as we seem to have defenders made of glass.

This Bale transfer is turning into Modric 2.0. At this point we simply need to sell him off. He's a want away player and I can smell the "injuries" that will plague his season already. If we don't cash in soon we'll be stuck trying to sell an overweight Bale in January for 1/2 the price.

Modric played his final season to a very high standard, I didn't see any dip in his performance level once he was forced to stay.

I expect the same from Bale, he has an excellent relationship with AVB and all players know that they have to keep performing if they want to leave for a big club in the future.

Hindle

Banned
Anyone that isn't tongue in cheek and thinks United finish outside the top four or City finish as low as four genuinely need their head examined.

I expect Moyes to get his arse kicked. I just don't think he has the nerves required to manage in games like United V City or United V Chelsea. Both of those are fucking huge games that have a lot of pressure around them.

Kinan

transfersggk57.jpg

whats the deal with MLS not spending/earning anything. Cant be true, no?

And holy shit at Championship spending more than Sheikhs (at home).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
transfersggk57.jpg

Just look at the numbers for Spain. The league is dying, all the quality outside of the two big boys is being drained away. But who cares, Madrid are going to spend £100m on Bale!
and still finish second

Slizz

transfersggk57.jpg

And holy shit at Championship spending more than Sheikhs (at home).

Yeah, somethings gotta be off. They got a 8 yr-deal with ESPN and the league gets a cut from Adidas since they do all the kits for all the teams.

Thats 2 revenue streams there.

Zabojnik

Ehh, I changed it, but without context that doesn't really spoil much.

What are you, a politician? :p It happens to the best of us, bjaelke, don't worry about it. But that was an immense spoiler, if you're watching BB and know the two dudes. :)

Yurt, as of now, everything points to us losing the Supercup on Sunday. How do you feel about that?

Manager

I thought mls has some kind of weird transfer rules, stopping then them from selling players abroad or something?

___

From their twitter:

BRyf-kOCAAAOMNk.jpg

Kinan

Yeah, somethings gotta be off. They got a 8 yr-deal with ESPN and the league gets a cut from Adidas since they do all the kits for all the teams.

Thats 2 revenue streams there.

Well, they sure earn some money, but the table is about transfers in/out. No high profile buys from Europe this year?

Slizz

Well, they sure earn some money, but the table is about transfers in/out. No high profile buys from Europe this year?

Ah, Dempsey to Sounders. Agudelo to Stoke. Off the top, the only 2 notable transfers I can recall. I'm sure there are more, I just know about USMNT players for the most part.

Zaha didn't get #7 then, phew.

Second season in a row #9 is left vacant.

Bebe = 33, 3 X 3 = 9.

Clegg

So the only real change in squad numbers is Valencia giving up the #7 and going back to his old number.

Paves the way for O7il, 7abregas or 7ellaini.

Fabregas played 28 matches in La Liga, 5 he was subbed in. 13 he was subbed out.

He only played 10 full matches in La Liga, only 12 in total last year. Ridiculous.

Clegg

BTW this is why United's #9 is free:

Falcao back on the market

Fraught with worries over their tax burden and excessive playing staff, Monaco are to put Radamel Falcao back on the transfer market less than two months after his arrival. Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Manchester United are interested.

Source: Marca

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom