• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitch you gonna do one at the end of the transfer window?

---

I have been not been following stuff for a day or so, is this Monaco tax thingy legit or a wind up. Please please please be true.

Depends how many league games have been played by that point. If its only 2 (think it is because of the international break) I probably will, although the fact that teams will already have points on the board will take the fun out of it a bit.

Is that why you signed Mannone?

6uyjybzuw.gif

Sleepy

Help me gain some knowledge/perspective in regards to Arsenal. They have paid off their stadium, have balanced the books, and yet they are not spending any money? Missed Higuian (which would have been massive), and go after Suarez, who is benched for the first six games of the season. Do they honeslty think their squad is good enough as it is? or is Wenger in his deaththroe?

ShogunX

Can't believe we're going into the season with Brad Jones as our backup keeper. An upgrade can surely be found for under £3m?

Fuck all wrong with Jones as a back up. The man has been through a lot so let's at least cut him some slack, his distribution is poor but he's a decent shot stopper and has done well on the few occasions he has been called upon. He's on a low wage, loves the club and we all respect him for coming through the death of his 6 year old son.

Noirulus

I haven't been on GAF much the past few months but I couldn't help but drop by to laugh at Arsenal's lack of presence during this transfer window.

ZR8AL.gif

Poor gooners.

They have paid off their stadium.

Have balanced the books.

And yet they are not spending any money?

Missed Higuian (which would have been massive).

and go after Suarez, who is benched for the first six games of the season.

No we haven't.

Again, we haven't.

We're trying to. Its a bit harder when you're not that attractive a club.

He def would have been an improvement on Giroud, but massive? Pls.

I didn't understand the Suarez chase either.

Hixx

Ok so the ending of Orange is the New Black was pretty fuckin shocking. But great. Aren't they already filming season 2?

bobito

Banned
No we haven't.

Again, we haven't.

We're trying to. Its a bit harder when you're not that attractive a club.

He def would have been an improvement on Giroud, but massive? Pls.

I didn't understand the Suarez chase either.

Your are mostly correct

Arsenal definitely are capable of making the same moves as spurs do though. I believe that is why there is unrest.

Hixx

Yes.

SPOILER ALERT

Do you reckon she died or was it just a ploy to get new teeth?

I didn't think she would die but the teeth thing is actually quite interesting. She was complaining about other prisons having better dental policies or whatever earlier, right? It'd be far-fetched but, tbf, a lot of the show is :p

Would it be fair to say that internally, Rodgers and the board have handled the Suarez situation perfectly? Didn't see the need to attack Arsenal for it though, not their fault Pere Guardiola and Suarez are complete morons who don't even know the terms of the contract

bobito

Banned
Would it be fair to say that internally, Rodgers and the board have handled the Suarez situation perfectly? Didn't see the need to attack Arsenal for it though, not their fault Pere Guardiola and Suarez are complete morons who don't even know the terms of the contract

Seriously how stupid is Pere Guardiola

operon

The attack was probably due to the £40million plus a pound bid, what arsenal thought was going to do I don't know.

ShogunX

Ok so the ending of Orange is the New Black was pretty fuckin shocking. But great. Aren't they already filming season 2?

Amazing show. Watched it on a whim a few days ago and finished season one in two days.

As for the ending -
A few of the cast have been promoted to being regulars for season two and Pennsatucky is one of them (hence she cant be dead) Crazy eyes is another who has been promoted to a regular.

It's one of those shows that you just need to find out how everything is going to turn out. Looking forward to season 2.

bjaelke

Amazing show. Watched it on a whim a few days ago and finished season one in two days.

As for the ending -
A few of the cast have been promoted to being regulars for season two and Pennsatucky is one of them (hence she cant be dead) Crazy eyes is another who has been promoted to a regular.

It's one of those shows that you just need to find out how everything is going to turn out. Looking forward to season 2.

Dexter
's dad is a regular on that show

Can't rule it out.

PowderedToast

it was p much flawless

great PR for the club, owners and manager

and we look to be keeping our best player

Arnie

Man alive that Suarez thread on Arsenal Mania is amazing.

So many meltdowns. So many stupid, gullible cunts. I'm in awe.

The attack was probably due to the £40million plus a pound bid, what arsenal thought was going to do I don't know.

They'd obviously been informed by Guardiola (what kind of illegal contact law that breaks I don't know, everyone is up to it though) that he had a release clause of 'more than £40m'

Its cheeky, but its what I'd expect any club to do with that information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom