• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Mo Farrah + Anderson = Ramires
funny-gif-black-guy-reaction.gif

Andreson is shit.

Labadal

Lol at twitter.

Someone tweeted that Arsenal will offer us 45m + Verm.

I'll ask my brother to kick my left nut and then punch the right one if that happens.

Wilbur

Banned
We have 30 pages before the new thread you clitori

In Bruges in a lovely hotel room. The telly is small and I'm about to have a peach beer. I hope I come back less depressed than I have been recently. Please win Man Utd.

Bud pls enjoy the punani. Take a picture of her and PM it to me.

operon

They'd obviously been informed by Guardiola (what kind of illegal contact law that breaks I don't know, everyone is up to it though) that he had a release clause of 'more than £40m'

Its cheeky, but its what I'd expect any club to do with that information
Picking a pound as the minimum amount over 40 million to trigger the release clause was bound to piss of Liverpool. It was stupid and I would have thought Arsenal were above that.

confuziz

Banned

In Bruges in a lovely hotel room. The telly is small and I'm about to have a peach beer. I hope I come back less depressed than I have been recently. Please win Man Utd.

You're in Bruges?

Suen

Why don't you sit down and rotate.

Footy-GAF let's have a vote. Who goes to prison first starting from this season? Messy or Neymar
or Barton

Slizz

I hate scoring first in FIFA. I'm not sure who I am playing is going to be a dick and make me watch his goal or not.

I always skip, but I'll be up 3-0, opponent scores and I have to watch their replay after skipping all of mine.

Suen

The Times had an article that pointed out a pretty good rebuke to this.
None of this matter anymore. We can't even get a Bayern reject yet Wenger is talking as if the best of the best players are still available. Gustavo gone, fucking buy Kondogbia already and ruin whatever relationship we have with Sevilla (or pay extra money to keep them less angry).

Salvadora

None of this matter anymore. We can't even get a Bayern reject yet Wenger is talking as if the best of the best players are still available. Gustavo gone, fucking buy Kondogbia already and ruin whatever relationship we have with Sevilla (or pay extra money to keep them less angry).
I've watched Kondogbia a few times now and he hasn't looked ready to make the step up to a big club yet. Realistically he wouldn't offer us an immediate improvement, especially considering the cost.

Wilbur

Banned
Louise Taylor is hilarious hahahah

LEAGUE WINNERS
4 guardian writers say City
4 say Chelsea
2 say United
Louise says Tottenham

POTS
People going for RVP, Mata, Hazard, Suarez, Bale
Louise goes for:

Hatem Ben Arfa. Providing he stays fit, Ben Arfa belongs on a different planet to most mortals. Capable of eclipsing Rooney, Bale and even Suárez.

I really like Ben Arfa, but she's always contrary for the sake of being so

jtb

Banned
Arteta out for "6 weeks"? fuck me, season over before it even began.

I was thinking about it, and I think I'd prefer we chased a box to box midfielder over a traditional DM. the (very very) few games Diaby played last season, we basically completely dominated midfield and I think with Arteta/Wilshere dropping back and protecting the back 4, while also acting as the deep playmakers, it's nice to have a similar all-around midfielder to not just regain possession but also physically carry the ball through midfield. but to get a complete player like that is pretty rare these days, especially at the bargain prices Wenger's shopping at.

operon

The problem us they let their player (s) go for the last few seasons and not replaced them while each August Wenger spins the same yarn about we can win trophies with these young players while the board increases the ticket prices which are the dearest as is. Surely the fans deserve better.

Suen

next OT is on me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74318763&postcount=163

i got several titles in the pocket already.
I'm fine with this

I've watched Kondogbia a few times now and he hasn't looked ready to make the step up to a big club yet. Realistically he wouldn't offer us an immediate improvement, especially considering the cost.
He may be raw and not that ready to go to a bigger club, or I'd say he is ready but he might not bring this huge improvement we are after but when I observed him in the last season he was showing some rather good skills and did quite well. If he finds his form again and has a chance to develop it further in a bigger club why not, it's worth long-term for us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Fookin' Bruges is a shithole. You realize there are no bowling alleys or prostitutes in Bruges?

It was on TV last night :p have fun Wilburine!

jtb

Banned
I'd take Kondogbia. We seem utterly incapable of landing high-profile targets, so we may as well go back to the next best thing, which is buying high-potential targets and molding them into stars.

It's a better strategy than rolling the dice on the Gervinhos and Chamakhs of the world.

elseanio

Wilbur, you gotta climb that huge tower in the middle of Bruges. Great workout.

Giant staircase with around 600 steps iirc.

Fuck that! I went up Notre Dame tower without any inkling that the first step was the beginning of a continuous 387-step spiral staircase. I was dizzy half way up.

Suen

The problem us they let their player (s) go for the last few seasons and gave replaced them while each August Wenger spins the same yarn about we can win trophies with these young players while the board increases the ticket prices which are the dearest as is. Surely the fans deserve better.
There was so many promises this summer, especially with the increased budget. I'm quite disappointed we haven't done anything so far and didn't snatch one of the big targets. We sell our best players, problem is we haven't been able to produce good replacements for them and so we win nothing. And when we win nothing we stop being a winning club and when we stop being a winning club we don't attract quality players. To invest in our own players from our own academy is good but sometimes you need that extra force from the outside, especially in our current situation.

Climbing to the top of St Peter's basilica is quite something. About 500 steps I think and most of it is a very narrow and tight spiral staircase.

On a hot summers day...that was a challenge. Not sure how some of the more elderly people managed it.

Salvadora

He may be raw and not that ready to go to a bigger club, or I'd say he is ready but he might not bring this huge improvement we are after but when I observed him in the last season he was showing some rather good skills and did quite well. If he finds his form again and has a chance to develop it further in a bigger club why not, it's worth long-term for us.
I'm right with you on all of that. On a 'normal' summer I would be chomping at the bit for a young, exciting player with lots of potential to come in.

I'm jaded now :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs squad numbers for the new season:

1 Heurelho Da Silva Gomes - GOMES
2 Kyle Walker - WALKER
3 Danny Rose - ROSE
4 Younes Kaboul - KABOUL
5 Jan Vertonghen - VERTONGHEN
6 Scott Parker - PARKER
7 Aaron Lennon - LENNON
8 Jose Paulo Bezerra Maciel Jnr - PAULINHO
9 Roberto Soldado Rillo - SOLDADO
10 Emmanuel Adebayor - ADEBAYOR
11 Gareth Bale - BALE
14 Lewis Holtby - HOLTBY
15 Etienne Capoue - CAPOUE
16 Kyle Naughton - NAUGHTON
17 Andros Townsend - TOWNSEND
18 Jermain Defoe - DEFOE
19 Mousa Dembele - DEMBELE
20 Michael Dawson - DAWSON
21 Nacer Chadli - CHADLI
22 Gylfi Sigurdsson - SIGURDSSON
24 Brad Friedel - FRIEDEL
25 Hugo Lloris - LLORIS
28 Thomas Carroll - CARROLL
29 Jake Livermore - LIVERMORE
30 Sandro Cordeiro - SANDRO
32 Benoit Assou-Ekotto - ASSOU-EKOTTO
35 Ezekiel Fryers - FRYERS

A few changes, Walker, Holtby, Townsend and Carroll get new numbers and Parker takes 6 from Huddlestone (for about 3 days) with Paulinho getting 8.

Lightning

Banned
I'd take Kondogbia. We seem utterly incapable of landing high-profile targets, so we may as well go back to the next best thing, which is buying high-potential targets and molding them into stars.

It's a better strategy than rolling the dice on the Gervinhos and Chamakhs of the world.
Nope. I would try and get Morgan out of Southampton. He would be the best we could hope for now. That level of player, not necessarily him.

I still think we should concentrate our efforts on a striker. £40m for Rooney incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom