• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave United/Arsenal signed anyone yet?

brooooo

O2gbOlo.jpg

sohois

Just bought tickets for Gamescom, will be my first time going to any kind of gaming convention so hopefully its alright.

Now all I need to do is find somewhere in Cologne to watch Liverpool-Villa

Clegg

I can understand United's stance. We're league champions and are looking for players who will push us to the level where we can compete for the Champions League. That means we're looking after world class players. Unfortunately, they're all either unavailable or just too expensive.

What I don't understand is why we've waited so long to try and bring other players in. There are plenty of players who, while not world class, would be an improvement over Clev and Anderson. We should've brought them in by now and then kept trying for that marquee signing instead of scrambling around to get them all in at once.

I can understand United's stance. We're league champions and are looking for players who will push us to the level where we can compete for the Champions League. That means we're looking after world class players. Unfortunately, they're all either unavailable or just too expensive.

What I don't understand is why we've waited so long to try and bring other players in. There are plenty of players who, while not world class, would be an improvement over Clev and Anderson. We should've brought them in by now and then kept trying for that marquee signing instead of scrambling around to get them all in at once.

It's gonna be a crazy last day for us.

Gonna be some crazy panic buys I can feel prices going up already.

Arsenal in the same boat as well.

It's gonna be a crazy last day for us.

Gonna be some crazy panic buys I can feel prices going up already.

Arsenal in the same boat as well.

I don't think we will make any panic buys on the last day, like...we might end up getting the targets we wanted on the last day, but I don't think we'll just pick somebody to go for in the last couple of days.

Good lad Adam Gemelli, didn't he play for Chelsea? Might have been Fulham. One of them anyway.

Randdalf

I don't think we will make any panic buys on the last day, like...we might end up getting the targets we wanted on the last day, but I don't think we'll just pick somebody to go for in the last couple of days.

Good lad Adam Gemelli, didn't he play for Chelsea? Might have been Fulham. One of them anyway.

You can sign him in FM2012 (and he's very quick, naturally).

Walshy

IndyKaila is fast becoming one of my favourite accounts on twitter, just look at this gem:

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 4m
Breaking news: Direct message has been sent by #Lucas to #Willian within last 20mins. Unconfirmed. (Source: Twitter admin) #LFC
Amazing.

Is Virgin Media good? Seems we can get it for the same price as our TalkTalk contract, with faster internet and Virgin TV, with a few Sky channels thrown in

Is Virgin Media good? Seems we can get it for the same price as our TalkTalk contract, with faster internet and Virgin TV, with a few Sky channels thrown in

I had their fibre optic when I lived in London and thought the internet was great. Had a little trouble with the router they sent us but it just needed resetting. Never throttled any downloads or anything like that (BT Infinity which I have now throttles between 4pm and 12pm for instance).

Well worth it.

My friend has a Tivo box with it as well and loves it.

ShogunX

From my own experience they are very good. Any problems get fixed quickly and free of charge and upgrading and downgrading is also fast and easy.

ShogunX

Man alive that Suarez thread on Arsenal Mania is amazing.

So many meltdowns. So many stupid, gullible cunts. I'm in awe.

The best post was one I read the other day explaining how Arsenal Mania is the most grounded and honest fans forum around.

what about if we sign Willian and Suarez. We're suddenly bang in the top three and united are the ones looking over their shoulder.

-------Chesny

Sagna Merty Kos Gibbs

-----Wilshere Arteta

Theo---Willian---Cazorla

-------Suarez

That leaves Monreal, Vermaelen, Ramsey, Rosicky and Giroud on the bench. A bench full of internationals

YES.

If we get Sakho, Honda and Ljajic before the end of the summer it would be amazing. Too bad it's nearly impossible.

That would truly be amazing. At this point, though, I'm just hoping for one of those. And it will probably be none.

Di Marzio says we are meeting with CSKA again next week, so there's that. Hopefully that replacement they signed is almost healthy, so they can let Honda go. I refuse to believe they are being this stubborn over 500k euros, their hesitance is surely due to the injury.

Meier

As dumb as indykaila is, this guy having nearly 18k followers for no apparent reason is even worse.

@DLDN22

What a buffoon.

operon

I had their fibre optic when I lived in London and thought the internet was great. Had a little trouble with the router they sent us but it just needed resetting. Never throttled any downloads or anything like that (BT Infinity which I have now throttles between 4pm and 12pm for instance).

Well worth it.

My friend has a Tivo box with it as well and loves it.
you have that the wrong way around BT infinity does not throttle download speed and now does not slow down p2p traffic. Traffic management us strict in virgin and will slow you down if you download over certain limits during the day

you have that the wrong way around BT infinity does not throttle download speed and now does not slow down p2p traffic. Traffic management us strict in virgin and will slow you down if you download over certain limits during the day

Well, I'm currently trying to download something right now, and its going at 3kb/s (will turn it off in a minute) whereas with Virgin my experience with it was that it didn't matter what time I did it, its downloaded to the speed of my internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom