• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Right-o, think it's time for some predictions.

Liverpool 3 Stoke 0
Arsenal 2 Aston Villa 1
Norwich 1 Everton 1
Sunderland 3 Fulham 1
West Brom 2 Saints 2
West Ham 1 Cardiff 0
Swansea 2 Man United 2
Palace 0 Spurs 2
Chelsea 5 Hull 0
City 3 Newcastle 1
I agree, except I think Spurs will win one nil.

So I read this...

David Moyes has warned it could take him two years to put his stamp on Manchester United after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson as manager

And I was like...Moyes plz...then I read on...

"They [Glazers] have been fantastic in their calmness, their openness, their support, where they want to take the club. What they want to do with the club is incredible, it really is."

Piss. Off.

So, looks like Lewandowski will earn up to €5m this season. That means he's up there with Reus and Hummels as our top earners.

After all the shit he has said, I don't know if I would have given him more money as BVB manager, we didn't need to do so. But if he shuts the fuck up over the season and play proper football with that money, I guess it's okay...

Hixx

Right-o, think it's time for some predictions.

Liverpool 3 Stoke 0
Arsenal 2 Aston Villa 1
Norwich 1 Everton 1
Sunderland 3 Fulham 1
West Brom 2 Saints 2
West Ham 1 Cardiff 0
Swansea 2 Man United 2
Palace 0 Spurs 2
Chelsea 5 Hull 0
City 3 Newcastle 1

diakjglrc.gif

Meier

I can't believe West Brom wasn't able to a nd/or didn't unload Odemwingie. I think Anelka would be a good fantasy option but they have so many Forwards now with also adding Vydra.. it'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

So, looks like Lewandowski will earn up to €5m this season. That means he's up there with Reus and Hummels as our top earners.

After all the shit he has said, I don't know if I would have given him more money as BVB manager, we didn't need to do so. But if he shuts the fuck up over the season and play proper football with that money, I guess it's okay...

How does that work? Did he just sign a 1 year deal then and replace his existing one?

Liverpool 2-1 Stoke
Arsenal 2-2 Aston Villa
Norwich 0-0 Everton
Sunderland 2-1 Fulham
West Brom 1-3 Southampton
West Ham 1-1 Cardiff
Swansea 1-2 Man United
Crystal Palace 0-3 Spurs
Chelsea 4-1 Hull
City 3-0 Newcastle

Also, Barrett's saying we're "close to agreeing a fee in the region of £30 million" for Willian. We still won't get him.

Apparently Rodgers says we're still in the market for a CB "but it has to be the right one".

My season predictions:

What the heart wants:
1. Man U
2. Spurs
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Man City

What I think will happen:
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man U
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal

United need to do some business for that midfield.

Mastadon

Banned
How so?

I'm having a ton of fun with it. Really annoying when you find a good weapon like a sword or a machete and it feels like it breaks after like two minutes, though

Not being able to save when you want just such shitty game design. There's no point to it at all. Especially when you go for ages without saving, then you die because your thick as shit companion decides to shoot you in the face when you attempt to save her from a horde of zombies!

Arnie

Doesn't matter if we're close to agreeing a fee, or if Willian followed Coutinho and Lucas on Twitter. If United are in for him they'll get him.

Clegg

What quotes?

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 4h

BREAKING - Willian's agent confirms Manchester United are interested in signing him. The player would love to play Champions League. [SSNTC]
Just using United's name to drum up interest in him.

Most papers are only reporting interest from Spurs/Liverpool.

dc89

Doesn't matter if we're close to agreeing a fee, or if Willian followed Coutinho and Lucas on Twitter. If United are in for him they'll get him.

Just like they got all dem players this summer.

Don't sweat it Arnie, B-Rod has this.

FootballFan

How many goals do you think Messi will score this season?

I think NeyGod effect will limit him to 51.

Not sure, but I like your prediction. 50ish. Can't believe he scored 73 two seasons ago :lol

As for Neymar, I'm hoping for 15ish goals from him. Same with Sex Fabregas.

I really wonder at the numpties employed by websites like ITV sport;

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-08-16/premier-league-season-preview-west-ham/

We finished 10th last season, but because Swansea have improved and we've 'only' bought Carroll, Downing, Rat & Adrian, this season we're going to finish 18th? Impeccable logic.

Fucking hyped for kick off tomorrow, though! Should be a great game against Cardiff and hopefully Carroll can start. *edit, scratch that, Carroll, Collins & Ginge are out. Guess Maiga gets a shot up front, as we've at last said goodbye to Carlton Cole.

bobito

Banned

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-08-16/premier-league-season-preview-west-ham/

We finished 10th last season, but because Swansea have improved and we've 'only' bought Carroll, Downing, Rat & Adrian, this season we're going to finish 18th? Impeccable logic.

Fucking hyped for kick off tomorrow, though! Should be a great game against Cardiff and hopefully Carroll can start. *edit, scratch that, Carroll, Collins & Ginge are out. Guess Maiga gets a shot up front, as we've at last said goodbye to Carlton Cole.

Big Sam will never get relegated

FootballFan

That's a dumb prediction indeed. As if Reid would let relegation even be a possibility.

LegoArmo

I know a cunt who opens his Christmas presents just after midnight pretending that it's Christmas day. The date may pretend it's the next day but the next day doesn't start until I've been to bed and woken up.

What about if you stay up for 24 hours, does the day cease to exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom