• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Fuck you, TV money. 3pm kick offs or bust!

In Bruges everyone else is asleep so I'm just chillin on my phone. Going up the belfry tower tomorrow and getting a canal ride and then I'm gonna find a pub where I can watch us lose to swansea

Wilbur, pls. Rppney hattrick. Anyway, enjoy yourself out there. :D

nemesun

So..... The new season is finally upon us, thank fuck for that. All the transfer muppetry, fake signings, and bleeding heartbreaks has become nothing short of tradition for my dear gullible gooners. Even though I'm not as excited as used to be (curse of getting old), I can't help but look forward to the brand spanking new season. COYG

Clegg

Slightly worrying that we're going into the first game of the season with Giggs still seen as our creative option in midfield. We done fucked up so far. Still two weeks to correct it.

nemesun

Slightly worrying that we're going into the first game of the season with Giggs still seen as our creative option in midfield. We done fucked up so far. Still two weeks to correct it.
We're going into the new season with tea lady as our defensive midfielder, what are you complaining about? You lot are really entitled.

qindarka

Banned
Fuck, it appears that Victor Moses is missing. He was in Nigeria earlier this week, I hope nothing happened.

Hope it was just a misinterpretation of Mourinho's words.

JWong

Banned
HcpRvF7.png

I believe Anelka is a steal at his price. Gonna beast.

rodvik

My pick for tomorrow.

Gabby--Benteke--Weimann
Delph-------------Westwood
--------Gardner-----------
Bennett-Vlaar-Okore-Lowton
--------Guzan-----------

If we are behind or drawing, Tonev to come on at half time to replace Gabby/Weimenn.

While KEA is the more obvious choice for the DM I think Lambert may want to gamble on Gardner for his deadball ability.

Meier

Fuck, it appears that Victor Moses is missing. He was in Nigeria earlier this week, I hope nothing happened.

Scary stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/HcpRvF7.png[IMG]

I believe Anelka is a steal at his price. Gonna beast.[/QUOTE]

I think he could have a nice year (although Drogba did jack shit in his final year at a similar age) but I just don't know if he'll play every game. He has never been a prolific scorer and they have so many senior strikers -- Rosenberg didn't score any goals last year but he's going to get a lot of time again I'd imagine. Long and Vydra will play frequently surely? Then you have Odemwingie like I was saying before. It's going to be interesting. They really need to sell one of them (Rosenberg or Odemwingie).

Lightning

Banned
My pick for tomorrow.

Gabby--Benteke--Weimann
Delph-------------Westwood
--------Gardner-----------
Bennett-Vlaar-Okore-Lowton
--------Guzan-----------

If we are behind or drawing, Tonev to come on at half time to replace Gabby/Weimenn.

While KEA is the more obvious choice for the DM I think Lambert may want to gamble on Gardner for his deadball ability.
You're going down. Giroud to score a hattrick!!!

Zabojnik

:0 now I need to watch this.

Eh, Clear History was okay. The plot is kinda out there and some of the Curb-like humor doesn't really work as well as in Curb. Still worth seeing, imo, just not that great.

Pogba has to be in the starting XI this season, I don't care what Conte comes up with.

The first two and a half seasons are only okay. From then on though, the show is a pretty great drama.

A lot of people say this. Dunno, I was hooked from the first episode and I think the first two seasons are great. S3 and S4 are 'better', but it's not like I had to force myself through 1 & 2.

Lightning

Banned
Lulz :) After we go up by a couple of goals I expect the crowd to turn on Wenger and turn the whole scene into a rather nasty affair :)
I laugh at anyone with Benteke in their squads this weekend. Bosscielny is going to keep him in his back pocket.

It's all over for you but I wish you luck with your next 2 games. You can take those teams to hell and back.

I am a huge Stoke fan this weekend too. Come on Hughes!

GorillaJu

Any of you vita bros go ham on the latest PSN sale? I got Soul Sacrifice, Ridge Racer, Atelier Totori Plus and Katamari. All of those combined cost less than a single retail game in Japan. Been playing through Dragon's Crown, too.

<3 vita

rodvik

I laugh at anyone with Benteke in their squads this weekend. Bosscielny is going to keep him in his back pocket.

It's all over for you but I wish you luck with your next 2 games. You can take those teams to hell and back.

I am a huge Stoke fan this weekend too. Come on Hughes!

nvryf.jpg

Gosh, tinypic is banned :( That rather ruins the gif..

This happened against Malaga last week. The defender was stretchered off after he tried (and bounced) trying to body check Benteke.

Tekkers will just brush your lightweight defenders aside :)

JWong

Banned
nvryfuju4b.gif

Gosh, tinypic is banned :( That rather ruins the gif..

This happened against Malaga last week. The defender was stretchered off after he tried (and bounced) trying to body check Benteke.

Tekkers will just brush your lightweight defenders aside :)

Fixed

Salazar

Wayne Gooney &#8207;@WayneGooney18 14h
@opiniondan Cesc is done; and if you don't know that, it draws serious questions as to what you do actually know and who's 'informing' you.

loooooooooooool

Get excited Arsenal-gaf

FootballFan

How many games do teams in PL play in a week?

38 games in 38 weeks I think. Holidays, other competitions, international breaks etc force schedules to be changed, so a lot of the time there are 2 or more games a week.

But if you mean how many games a Premier League team plays in general every season then it's even more.

In addition to the PL, the teams compete in the FA Cup and League Cup. The top teams have Champions League/Europa League on top of those too.

If you mean strictly PL games then 38 games in a season with 1-3 games a week.

Zabojnik

Our Supercopa is after our first liga game for some reason! Wooohoo....

Can you even get excited when you know you'll win 95% of the matches at the very least?

Wish ours was too. Half the squad is nowhere near a decent condition, while Lazio trained for the Supercup all along, seeing how it's the only thing they can realistically win. Well, that and Coppa Italia.

StylusX

As it's the start of the new season thought i might as well start posting in this thread.

Have to go shopping with the gf today, most prob miss all the games :( At least we(spurs) aint playing today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom