• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the scouse who only show their faces when they win, we're gracious enough to stick around through victory or defeat. Wes, well played mate, wish you the best of luck for the reminder of the season.

No offense (well, a little) but that is a pile of absolute shite. Plenty of us stick around here no matter the result

phaze

Congrats Villa and good luck this season. Hard to gauge our performance with that bulshit penalty and red card. Will start panicking on September 1.

LTWheels

Unlike the scouse who only show their faces when they win, we're gracious enough to stick around through victory or defeat. Wes, well played mate, wish you the best of luck for the reminder of the season.

Lol wat? Says the team who's fans leave early and boo at half time.

Yen

BR4DufTCQAIl_X8.jpg

Proper pleased with Downing's involvement in the 2nd half today, can't wait to see him providing the service for Big Andy. We looked about as good as last season, although Jarvis & Cole were linking up far better than I've seen them and, although still disappointing, Maiga showed a few flashes of greatness.

Cardiff are going to have a tough time of it this season. I don't think they're THAT bad, but they really need to sort their defence out. Man City are going to tear them a new one.

Clegg

Very worrying performance for Arsenal fans. You already had a paper thin squad and now that's gotten even worse through further injury and suspension.

But the worst thing must be how you were outfought and outplayed by Villa.

ShogunX

I'll say it again - Quality wise The Premiership might not be the best around anymore but entertainment wise it's easily the best.

Lightning

Banned
Congrats Villa and good luck this season. Hard to gauge our performance with that bulshit penalty and red card. Will start panicking on September 1.
It's not the big deal everyone will make it out to be. Injuries are a concern though.

Very worrying performance for Arsenal fans. You already had a paper thin squad and now that's gotten even worse through further injury and suspension.

But the worst thing must be how you were outfought and outplayed by Villa.
Kos only misses 1 game. That's nothing.

Proper pleased with Downing's involvement in the 2nd half today, can't wait to see him providing the service for Big Andy. We looked about as good as last season, although Jarvis & Cole were linking up far better than I've seen them and, although still disappointing, Maiga showed a few flashes of greatness.

Cardiff are going to have a tough time of it this season. I don't think they're THAT bad, but they really need to sort their defence out. Man City are going to tear them a new one.

Hope Carroll and Downing do well for you. Especially Carroll. There's a beast in there somewhere.

bud

4FdhMao.gif

the 1-3 is infuriating.

there's still enough time to go for a draw, and yet every arsenal player except for the keeper is in villa's half.

Garjon

You keep making these posts, yet you don't address anyone in particular and you don't respond to any replies.

nemesun

Wenger has to have blame for that third goal, right? Arsenal had a goal in them and there was still time, there was no excuse to play without any players in defense on a corner.

I really don't like the guy, hope this is his last season.
I'm still baffled why he didn't bother to bring Podolski on when we were desperately searching for goal. Absolutely baffling.

faridmon

Decent point. We dominated the game and should have won but you gotta take your chances. Away from home to great side who have a great striker.

Can't complain.

Its always fun watching Arsenal lose, well done villa and well done ref.

Jaaskelinen and Rickie Lambert were my only decent fantasy football players so far, I have Whittaker on the bench who scored but there is not much chance I will see those points.

Lightning

Banned
I'm still baffled why he didn't bother to bring Podolski on when we were desperately searching for goal. Absolutely baffling.
Probably because he would have been our last sub and he didnt want to use it so early.

Gibbs and Ox injuries forced 2 early subs as it was

nemesun

You keep making these posts, yet you don't address anyone in particular and you don't respond to any replies.
That post was intended for Wes, Keeping making what posts mate? When we were up by 1 not a single pool fan was about but as soon as they scored one, the bloody dam broke loose.

This hurts a great deal. Lads played their hearts out today, I can't fault 'em on that.

For sure. Definitely something to hang onto compared to a couple years back where our attitude was questionable in losses/draws.

Arsene's simply let these boys down. They're a bunch of honest, hardworking players who deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom