• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im happy with the 2-0 but can anyone explain to me what Cleverleys role is? Im not sure what he is offering, hes not great defensively and his distribution is within a small square of where he gets the ball, which is fine and all but he kind of makes up the numbers.

David Schneider ‏@davidschneider 1分

Wenger tries to disguise himself after Villa defeat pic.twitter.com/pjyhIUDswl (via @messerp1 @BeCo74 @chrisspyrou etc)

jbntQ8mtbrMhTs.jpg

Dead

Im happy with the 2-0 but can anyone explain to me what Cleverleys role is? Im not sure what he is offering, hes not great defensively and his distribution is within a small square of where he gets the ball, which is fine and all but he kind of makes up the numbers.

Poor man's Butt.

pappe

He Clanks.

Its doing the simple things right. he hardly gives away the possession. occasionally finds a good through ball and works his ass off box to box. You need players like this. The problem is he should just be a squad player and not an actual starter all the time.

dc89

Thinking about it. United winning here is amazing news for everyone.

Let United think this squad is good enough. They won't sign anyone then.

ShogunX

That second UTD goal was so bad from Swansea. Three players got attracted to RvP and left Valencia totally free at the back post. Amateur hour stuff.

His passing seems to have regressed. Overly cautious, blinders on the vision he once had. I don't know if he's trying to compensate for his defensive game, but it's not helping matters at all.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Typical United half, Moyes carrying on the tradition well.

I do see this more and more away from home, teams come out storming against us for 15-20 minutes and then when nothing happens for them they capitulate and we score a goal on the break. The fact that Swansea used this tactic at the start of the season when fitness levels are not optimal is really surprising to me and now they are in a complete mire. Feel good about this game now, nice to know RVP and Wellbz are on form too :D

Tc91

Clev you piece of fucking shit spend less time carving out your designer stubble and learn how to defend.

Pisses me off at times, how he will play the easy ball to Carrick instead of getting his head up and having a look forward.

He's bang average imo.

Mr Cola

Pisses me off at times, how he will play the easy ball to Carrick instead of getting his head up and having a look forward.

He's bang average imo.

Someone made a point above that at least, at least he doesnt break down the attack, which is the only reason I can see him being on in place of Anderson who, for all his creative play, is unreliable on the ball and weak defensively. Man Anderson really is the answer to alot of question we have he just never shows it :(

Meier

Someone on GAF said they still get points.

I woulda had Coleman on...
I am sure no one said that because of course it makes no sense. What happens is if a starter doesn't play, a sub comes in.

Ravel Morrison didn't play so Ross Barkley will come off my bench and get me some points.

Mr Cola

Expect no changes.

Moyes will now think we don't need any new players.

Giggs will start every game.

In fairness his ball was a cracker but yeah...his decision making is getting more and more iffy. Still cant argue with the goal :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom