• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson can now do even more corrupt things from behind the scenes.

Shit like making the goal United are shooting into a few inches bigger.

I knew I'd get a sarcy comment from you ;)

I'm merely saying it'll be interesting to compare at the end of the season. Not saying I'm expecting a massive difference.

I'm expecting a considerable difference

World Record Transfers since the late 1800s.

BQw3i4NCQAAcn2v.jpg:large

I think that list is lacking some transfers. I just recently read an German article that said Breitner to Madrid was a record transfer back in 74. But that could have something to do with all the currencies back then.

I knew I'd get a sarcy comment from you ;)

I'm merely saying it'll be interesting to compare at the end of the season. Not saying I'm expecting a massive difference.

I'm expecting a considerable difference
What are you saying?

That Ferguson put officials under pressure and United benefited?

Okay Meus.

Bumhead

Banned
Sounds like we did really well down at QPR. Hard to feel positive after a 2-1 defeat normally but by all accounts we matched them for most of the game and had chances to win it. Hit the post, couple of missed sitters and a bit of a stone waller turned down.

That QPR team is frightening for that level as well. Likes of Joey Barton and Junior Hoilett starting with the options to just casually bring Charlie Austin and Shaun Wright-Phillips off the bench. No excuses for them to not get promoted really and they should be aiming to win the league.

Salvadora

Kevin Friend's performance today has made it clear that they've moved onto the next longest serving manager in English football.

It must be a longevity thing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vieri?

Fucking Vieiri?

LMAO.

I'd like to know a list of the Italian clubs that he DIDN'T play for.

He played for five of the 'Seven Sisters'. Including the one with Down syndrome, god bless him.

I have nothing bad to say about him since he's a Juventino. <3

TrueBlue

I wonder how Stevie G feels when he looks into Barry's cold eyes and see's a Premier League winner?

Just wondering.

The same way Barry feels, as he sees the eyes of a Champions League winner.

and someone who has made it past the group stage.

L1NETT

Sounds like we did really well down at QPR. Hard to feel positive after a 2-1 defeat normally but by all accounts we matched them for most of the game and had chances to win it. Hit the post, couple of missed sitters and a bit of a stone waller turned down.

That QPR team is frightening for that level as well. Likes of Joey Barton and Junior Hoilett starting with the options to just casually bring Charlie Austin and Shaun Wright-Phillips off the bench. No excuses for them to not get promoted really and they should be aiming to win the league.

Yeah QPR not an easy place to go first day. I still think Reading should do well got bags of quality with people like Drenthe, Le Fondre scored first game and Guthrie apparently scored a beaut to nick it for em against a strong Ipswich side. Wigan look strong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom