• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
He's on such a weird career trajectory. Seems like off the field issues are impacting him negatively; he was probably never going to break in at Madrid but he seems too good to be in the Championship. And looking at wikipedia he either took a long holiday in Fall 2012 or was lucky to get signed by Alania.

Nice, just wanted what I want to hear. The PL whipping boys will be back soon.

GQman2121

Banned
He's on such a weird career trajectory. Seems like off the field issues are impacting him negatively; he was probably never going to break in at Madrid but he seems too good to be in the Championship. And looking at wikipedia he either took a long holiday in Fall 2012 or was lucky to get signed by Alania.

I didn't recognize him in the photo they used. When did he cut his hair off?

LTWheels

Feast your eyes on our newly crowned best player.

BQxe6dzCAAA8V9djpglarge_zpsb77ba9d5.jpg

f436f946fc7c11e29f3922000aa80254_7.jpg

8e58f3e2fc7a11e2b19422000a1f9bc9_7.jpg

BykJwWHl.jpg

Coutinho is the cutest player in the league confirmed.

I see that Coates does all his playing off the pitch. He's done well.

Arnie

jtb

Banned
Chamakh is off to crystal palace... Wonder if we're getting a fee. Also interested to see what happens to Bendtner, last year on his contract I think, no one wants him lol.

Suen

Sure, but they're still going to win the league, comfortably.

Dat Isco is great, but you had 'Dats' in his position too last season. Going from Tello to fucking Neymar however is quite the jump in quality.
Barca, while starting off great last season only became more disappointing as the season went on, especially in the latter half of the season. Madrid was entirely fragmented last season, relation between manager and players were bad yet we won somewhat comfortably against Barca in CDR and beat them in our home fixture when we started with half-ish B-team. We performed better than them in CL as well.

Were we overall more shit throughout the season? Absolutely, we were and I'm not saying our fragmented team was the sole reason but to imply that Barca will somehow walk all over us is honestly bullshit. They've strenghtened in one position yes, with a player who is yet to be proven on an european level. Not to mention we won't know how well he'll sync with Messi nor how fast their new manager will adapt to football in Europe. Meanwhile we've strengthened in more than one position with quality players who've already done enough to prove themselves. At this point I'd likely say that we have a more complete squad than Barca.

bobito

Banned
Barca, while starting off great last season only became more disappointing as the season went on, especially in the latter half of the season. Madrid was entirely fragmented last season, relation between manager and players were bad yet we won somewhat comfortably against Barca in CDR and beat them in our home fixture when we started with half-ish B-team. We performed better than them in CL as well.

Were we overall more shit throughout the season? Absolutely, we were and I'm not saying our fragmented team was the sole reason but to imply that Barca will somehow walk all over us is honestly bullshit. They've strenghtened in one position yes, with a player who is yet to be proven on an european level. Not to mention we won't know how well he'll sync with Messi nor how fast their new manager will adapt to football in Europe. Meanwhile we've strengthened in more than one position with quality players who've already done enough to prove themselves. At this point I'd likely say that we have a more complete squad than Barca.

I swear I have no idea who you support.

GQman2121

Banned
Chamakh is off to crystal palace... Wonder if we're getting a fee. Also interested to see what happens to Bendtner, last year on his contract I think, no one wants him lol.

So he's cutting the fat (Gervinho to Roma seems done) but who's coming in? Arsenal are baffling during the summer.

Suen

Wish Juve would just keep him :lol. So how many players have we released/sold so far?

Gervi, Chamakh, Santos, Squillaci, Arshavin and Denílson.

Honestly I think we've done a really good job of getting rid of dead weight, such a shame that we've done nothing with regards to strengthening our squad.

Suen

I swear I have no idea who you support.
The first page says everything. If I'm replying to someone talking about Madrid and I'm talking about a team beating Barca in Copa Del Rey and the only team in La Liga I support is Real Madrid then how fucking hard can it be to connect the dots? You're not alone on this so don't take it personally.

Fry

I have a pair of cream Hollister pants that I wheel out whenever I want to look Cuban.

:lol

Oh God, Even worse.

(It's the same here)

I wear a white hollister polo like all the time because it was one of my first buys and it has sentimental value, but yeah, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't wear it anymore. EVERYONE wears this shit now, it's annoying.

I have no problem in wearing RL though.

jordisok

Wish Juve would just keep him :lol. So how many players have we released/sold so far?

Gervi, Chamakh, Santos, Squillaci, Arshavin and Denílson.

Honestly I think we've done a really good job of getting rid of dead weight, such a shame that we've done nothing with regards to strengthening our squad.

Gervinho > Podolski. Shame he's going really.

bobito

Banned
The first page says everything. If I'm replying to someone talking about Madrid and I'm talking about a team beating Barca in Copa Del Rey and the only team in La Liga I support is Real Madrid then how fucking hard can it be to connect the dots? You're not alone on this so don't take it personally.

Then why the neymar avatar?

Thats why i'm confused.

Randdalf

About to reveal the new Doctor Who.

I'll splooge if it's Peter Capaldi.

Luis Suarez has today signed as the new Doctor Who after a £55m bid from the BBC was accepted by Liverpool. In a statement, show runner Steven Moffat said, "we are delighted for Luis to join us here on the Doctor Who team, he's got a broad range of acting skills and we hope he'll breathe fresh life into our show." Suarez had been rumoured to join Arsenal, but they pulled out at the last minute to sign striker Tom Baker, who Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes will bring spirit and experience to their front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom