• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I think Moyes job is safe if we keep finishing in the top 4 every season.

Not saying I'd be happy with that but so long as we keep getting CL money then the board would be content to stick with him.

LTWheels

lol wow, the PC version of Sonic Racing Transformed, got another new character;Total War Rome 2 centurion.

2013-08-05_00011mhkiq.jpg

L1NETT

My moaning's just a joke really, I'm sure we'll make signings and things will go fine even if Moyes doesn't have a great year. I assume everyone else is whining with tongue in cheek too.

Oh yeah to most of it but I don't think the bolded is necessarily true. What is not having a great year btw, is top 4 and no cups a success?

And when loads of the posts here are about Man U's transfer business, sometimes a joke might get old :p

Stability was the last thing on my mind when Hodgson was ballsing everything up :p

I know you might disagree with this (lol) but wasn't those bad times mostly to do with those 2 idiot Yank Cowboys who were at the top rather than Roy. With all the powerball horseshit transfer dealings. Charlie Adam and Downing have got loads of assists, so they will do the same at this club. Yeee Hawwwww. I still like Roy, and he didn't rub it in your face when he came with WBA and pooed all over you at Anfield, so he has class which very few pool fans showed him.

Bioshock Infinite only £25 on Amazon. Hmm.

How long is Bulletstorm btw? Just started Act 3.

Keep getting an urge to replay Bioshock, but I really can't be bothered with the combat.

If we don't sign 2 midfielders, Moyes can fuck off and Woodward too.

Pick another Chief Exec and Manager and try again in January.

Hopefully we'll still be within single digits of the leaders by that point.

If we don't sign 2 midfielders, Moyes can fuck off and Woodward too.

Pick another Chief Exec and Manager and try again in January.

Hopefully we'll still be within single digits of the leaders by that point.

Do you reckon you guys made an informal approach for Klopp when you found out Ferguson was retiring?

Chipotle

Oh yeah to most of it but I don't think the bolded is necessarily true. What is not having a great year btw, is top 4 and no cups a success?

I'd be fine with top 4 in his first season but think we'll win at least something given that the team is the same as last year's. Not an Arsenal fan so do actually want/expect to win something but can understand if there's a transition year. If we do win nothing and not make any major transfers (which we will imo) then I can see a lot of the fans being pissed off though.

I know you might disagree with this (lol) but wasn't those bad times mostly to do with those 2 idiot Yank Cowboys who were at the top rather than Roy. With all the powerball horseshit transfer dealings. Charlie Adam and Downing have got loads of assists, so they will do the same at this club. Yeee Hawwwww. I still like Roy, and he didn't rub it in your face when he came with WBA and pooed all over you at Anfield, so he has class which very few pool fans showed him.

Half and half. Hodgson was a terrible, terrible manager for us, and it was obvious after 2 months that things weren't going to work out. Tactics that didn;t suit the players, bought in genuinely rubbish players, even giving away decent reserves as part of the deal for Konchesky, stone-age tactics, bad results, trying to lower expectations constantly, insulting our own players in a poorly judged attempt to gee them up, generally chatting shit every minute of every conference. It wasn't right for us or him.

Adam and Downing were Kenny and Commoli btw. No wonder FSG didn't trust them :p

Salvadora

I'd be fine with top 4 in his first season but think we'll win at least something given that the team is the same as last year's. Not an Arsenal fan so do actually want/expect to win something but can understand if there's a transition year. If we do win nothing and not make any major transfers (which we will imo) then I can see a lot of the fans being pissed off though.
Most United fans here seem okay with a top four finish, but I reckon if you start getting humiliated by City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool in head to heads the fans will turn very quickly.

Most United fans here seem okay with a top four finish, but I reckon if you start getting humiliated by City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool in head to heads the fans will turn very quickly.

No chance of us doing that. No matter how well we play against them, we do something stupid like getting a red card or giving a penalty away, or failing to track a player from a corner :(

Clegg

Arsenal aren't going to embarrass us an time soon.

They're not good enough to do that. I'm not trolling with this either. They just don't have the players.

Arsenal aren't going to embarrass us an time soon.

They're not good enough to do that. I'm not trolling with this either. They just don't have the players.

I think he means embarassed as in losing home and away in the same season. Agreed that they don;t have the players or ruthlessness to win by more than 2 goals

Salvadora

Arsenal, or any other team embarrassing United would be getting a result at Old Trafford.

Which is perfectly within the realms of the possible. But you knew that.
No chance of us doing that. No matter how well we play against them, we do something stupid like getting a red card or giving a penalty away, or failing to track a player from a corner :(
One of the most disappointing elements of our last campaign was our terrible record against the other big clubs. With Ferguson gone Evans might finally be able to receive a card so you'll have a better chance than last time!

Arsenal, or any other team embarrassing United would be getting a result at Old Trafford.

One of the most disappointing elements of our last campaign was our terrible record against the other big clubs. With Ferguson gone Evans might finally be able to receive a card so you'll have a better chance than last time!

Liverpool always have a chance to beat United as they raise their game against United. Ferguson has nothing to do with it.

Losing to City, Chelsea or Liverpool at OT would suck baddddly but it can happen, I will allow it.

Losing to Arsenal at Old Trafford - holy shit, it's not possible.

Good point. Then again, Fellaini got away with it under Moyes, so we'll see :p

Clegg

Getting beaten at OT by one of the big clubs isn't embarrassing or humiliating. It's unexpected and annoying for United fans but it's certainly not the end of the world. The 1-6 is the only time a loss at home has ever embarrassed myself.

But Arsenal aren't going to do that anytime soon. You really just don't have a good enough team to pull that off.

Getting beaten at OT by one of the big clubs isn't embarrassing or humiliating. It's unexpected and annoying for United fans but it's certainly not the end of the world. The 1-6 is the only time a loss at home has ever embarrassed myself.

But Arsenal aren't going to do that anytime soon. You really just don't have a good enough team to pull that off.

Weren't you embarassed by the 1-4? I guess you were still title favourites after it.

Salvadora

Liverpool always have a chance to beat United as they raise their game against United. Ferguson has nothing to do with it.
gif-animado-entrada-patada-Jonjo-Shelvey-manchester-united-contrra-jonny-vans.gif

Never forget.

Don't be silly, of course it would be.

I never said it would be the end of the world. But really, :lol at a loss at home to City not being humiliating or embarrassing.

Losing to Blackburn at home was also very embarrassing.

There are some others too I am sure, just can't remember them.

The 4-1 vs Liverpool and 6-1 vs City are the two which obv stand-out, because of the scoreline and who it was against.

Like I said though, even if Arsenal beat us 1-0 at Old Trafford I would be freaking ashamed. That's just unacceptable.

Clegg

gif-animado-entrada-patada-Jonjo-Shelvey-manchester-united-contrra-jonny-vans.gif

Never forget.

Don't be silly, of course it would be.

I never said it would be the end of the world. But really, :lol at a loss at home to City not being humiliating or embarrassing.

Losing to City at home wouldn't be embarrassing coz they're one of the best teams in the league. We wouldn't be happy about it but we'd move on.

Losing to markedly inferior teams is a different story though.

Wilbur

Banned
Losing to Blackburn at home was also very embarrassing.

There are some others too I am sure, just can't remember them.

The 4-1 vs Liverpool and 6-1 vs City are the two which obv stand-out, because of the scoreline and who it was against.

Like I said though, even if Arsenal beat us 1-0 at Old Trafford I would be freaking ashamed. That's just unacceptable.

I was disgusted after that Blackburn game.

Salvadora

I agree with that KidA :p
Losing to City at home wouldn't be embarrassing coz they're one of the best teams in the league. We wouldn't be happy about it but we'd move on.

Losing to markedly inferior teams is a different story though.
Yes, losing to City would be embarrassing. Just like losing to Spurs is to us. They're not just some other team. They are your rivals.

Losing to Wigan in April last year was a bad one too. Would have won the league if we hadn't fucked that up.

It all depends on the situation really.

Salvadora's idea that any loss to a rival is directly embarrassing/humiliating is a bit too simple IMO, but I would concede to his vastly greater experience in this field.

Clegg

I agree with that KidA :p

Yes, losing to City would be embarrassing. Just like losing to Spurs is to us. They're not just some other team. They are your rivals.

They're cross city rivals as well as one of the best teams in the league. There's no embarrassment in losing to them other than the inevitable bragging rites that ensue until the next league game.

If it was the City of 10 years ago when they were crap then, yes, I'd be embarrassed in losing to them. We actually did too. But I'm not about to feel shame in losing to one of the top teams in the league. Except if it's an embarrassing scoreline like 4-0 or something.

Clegg

It all depends on the situation really.

Salvadora's idea that any loss to a rival is directly embarrassing/humiliating is a bit too simple IMO, but I would concede to his vastly greater experience in this field.

It was embarrasing coz Wigan were crap for most of the season and were fighting for their league survival.

Then we showed up to the JJB and lost 1-0 i one of the worst away performances I've seen from us in a long time.

Salvadora

In the context of Moyes losing his job/fans getting on his back, which is where you made your original point - IMO a 1-0 loss at home to City would be permissible. A 5-0 battering would lead to quite a different response.
Right, but while I think that it's permissible for you and the other United fans in this thread, it's a different matter entirely for the fans in the outside world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom