• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
EshJfPQ.png

No Torres

Wilbur

Banned
Such a weak Arsenal squad. Not one world class player in there.

Cazorla is very good, Walcott can be very good and Wilshere is potentially top class. But not one player that you'd have in any team in the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welcome to Roma

Roma presented their squad to the fans – including Erik Lamela – amid jeers, banners and protests.

The Open Day 2013 saw 25,000 supporters pack into the Stadio Olimpico to salute the players for the new season.

They all ran out individually, including Lamela despite negotiations for a €35m move to Tottenham and clearly incorrect rumours of the Argentine being in London for a medical.

Curiously, Lamela's girlfriend Sofia Herrera (who is in the Stadio Olimpico) tweeted "What a grand farce..." and then quickly deleted it.

However, there was loud jeering when the coaching and fitness staff walked out, plus during the team’s lap of honour.

There were also several angry banners aimed at the club and squad, most importantly this large message referring to the Coppa Italia defeat to rivals Lazio: ‘Not being able to make up for a defeat is worse than the defeat itself.’

Other banners read: ‘Get your hands off Lamela,' ’26 May: we will not forget’ and ‘We only stand by the shirt.’

There were the usual chants insulting Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, even though he has now moved to Southampton.

“Good evening to everyone,” said Coach Rudi Garcia. “I am very happy to see so many Roma fans. You can be certain of one thing: we will give our all so that you Roma fans can be proud of your team.”

The squad then began a training session and game between ranks on the Stadio Olimpico pitch.

Plane flies over Roma's Open Day. Banner trails behind it. Laziali reminding them of defeat in the Coppa Italia final

BSNZAwFIEAAfLWk.jpg

Lazio plane a response to the one Roma fans had fly over the Olimpico during the Super Cup. Plane company must be doing well out of this

3AQmK.gif

bud

weak man i am. caved in after Sporting B killed my original bet. fuck it.

went:

Code:
Futebol, Liga dos Campeões
Ludogorets Razgrad - Basileia
Resultado : Basileia (Quotas: 2,35)

Fenerbahce - Arsenal
Resultado : Fenerbahce (Quotas: 3,00)

Schalke 04 - PAOK
Resultado : Schalke (Quotas: 1,40)

Futebol, Inglaterra - Prem. League
Chelsea - Aston Villa
Resultado : Chelsea (Quotas: 1,25)

5€ nets you 60€. that's Knack right there.

knack seems like one of those titles that'll be free on psn+ after a few months.

GQman2121

Banned
Try using your Comcrap user name and password. WatchESPN doesn't support DirecTV but I was able to find a work-around by using my ATT internet username and password (and it's not even U-Verse). You don't lose anything by trying.

It's a no go. I do get ESPN 3 with my internet though.

I'll have to see if my parents our in the county have a way to let me use their details.

Mikel will probably start in Europe and against the top teams, but at home against teams like Hull and Villa you want to go for the jugular and get goals.

Ramires will have to step up his fucking game again then. Van Ginkel has looked really good and Essien also surprisingly decent.

Meier

It's a no go. I do get ESPN 3 with my internet though.

I'll have to see if my parents our in the county have a way to let me use their details.

I have a buddy who lets me use his Comcast login for HBO Go so I just am using his for NBCS Live Extra for the time being. Still annoying though.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck that's so unlucky for Villa :/

and fuck it won't count as a Hazard goal either will it, no FPL points

fucking CHELSEA YOU CUNTS

Tc91

My brother told me about a free bet if you bet on Chelsea from William Hill so I go open an account deposit £10 and bet on Chelsea to win.

I needed to bet on Arsenal to win -__________-

Chelski pls.

Fenerbache looking surprisingly shaky so far. Giving the ball away consistently. I feel better now, but I'll probably swallow this post a few minutes after hitting 'submit'.

Meier

Does timewarner not have the channel on telly or does it only lack the online?

It's available with digital cable on TV, but they do not offer the streaming option yet. It was streaming during the Olympics last summer so I figured it'd still be available but it's not.

who's a Norwich fan? let me know so i can add him to the list.

Eanan is. Proper GAF newbie too. Seems his (presumably) account was approved just about instantly based on the registration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom