• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Let me have this one.

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

Feorax

I wonder if we're still considering Turan? We need a proper winger ahead of anything else IMO, even a CB. We can't rely on Sterling and Ibe as the only players capable of stretching the play.

Eanan

Elmander joins Norwich on a season long loan. Good to see depth now being added to the squad. He was top quality for Bolton in a lot of games. Him and Wolfie will be a strong forward line should they play together.

Mastadon

Banned
I wonder if we're still considering Turan? We need a proper winger ahead of anything else IMO, even a CB. We can't rely on Sterling and Ibe as the only players capable of stretching the play.

I think Diego Capel would probably be more likely at this point.

Eanan

I'm not German so probably not :p

1) Go to hardwareversand.de, choose your item(s) and place them into your basket.

2) Copy the title of one item, eg. "Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express"

2) go to www.geizhals.de (a German price comparison website) and paste it in to the search bar

3) click on the first result, scroll down until you see the hardwareversand.de image and click on it.

4) you'll be taken to your basket and the discount will be applied.

5) rinse & repeat
Let me know what kind of savings you make. I saved €80~ for my last build.

Wilbur

Banned
Lambda I dropped Schalke, went for Chelsea, Steaua and Zagreb to win, Fener/Arse and Atleti/Barca to score

edit: oh the one you quoted lol

Looking forwards to the footers tonight.

Not sure which game I'll watch...probably Chelsea-Villa..

Gonna have Chelsea - Villa on the lappy and Arsenal on the telly

football <3

maybe a bit dc, but Espanyol seeking Porto's Iturbe. no bid, just a season long loan.

also, we looking at Juve's Luca Marrone for our defensive midfield.

Looking forwards to the footers tonight.

Not sure which game I'll watch...probably Chelsea-Villa..

let's all laugh at Arsenal together.

Lambda I dropped Schalke, went for Chelsea, Steaua and Zagreb to win, Fener/Arse and Atleti/Barca to score

edit: oh the one you quoted lol

the only one i don't like is A. Madrid to score. start of the season, Barca is fresh, no Falcão... i'm predicting a mauling.

Fuck this shit. Penafiel has been kicking our players all afternoon, they made 25 fouls against 5 from us and Chaby gets a straight red for a normal tackle.

Fergie

Banned
I just made a Notebook document to keep track of what I'm doing

Parts needed (check with kharma before ordering!):

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: MSI GTX670 2GB Twin Frozr Power Edition Overclocked NVidia PCIe Graphics Card with free Splinter Cell Blacklist
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Hard-Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power L8 530W PSU

Mouse: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Keyboard: Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard
Mousemat: Sharkoon 1337 Gaming Mouse Mat
Controller: Xbox 360 Controller

Parts bought:

RAM: G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready)
USB Memory Stick: Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB Flash Drive - Frustration Free Packaging

Parts delivered:

Parts assembled:

Questionable parts:

Webcam
Old keyboard (see if it still works)
HDMI cable

I'm quite enjoying it, can see myself easily drowning in information and options if I try and go too quickly, taking it slowly at the moment
Yeah that setup is affordable and pretty powerful, it's funny it's the exact same components I was thinking of doing soon. I researched beforehand, so I was set on these. You won't be disappointed.

Wes

venison crêpe
No changes for Villa apart from Clark in for Baker who is injured.

Ba and Mata start for Chelsea. Torres not on the bench.

Capel is quality. this coming from a Sporting hater.

was under the impression Moreirense and Chaves were the favourites.

Moreirense, yes. Chaves? Not in a million years. They are getting trashed by Moreirense right now, 7-0.

And Capel is a quality player but he can be quite annoying at times. Last match he got through 4 players and instead of passing the ball to any of his 3 team mates that were attacking, he tried to beat the 2 remaining defenders. He also runs with his eyes always glued to the ground, he never, ever looks up.

omgkitty

Ramsey, Wilshere and Rosicky in midfield for Arsenal.

I look at that and I just think, that's weak, that's a weak midfield.

I think it's a good midfield that doesn't play well together. You've also got Santi out wide, but he loves to drift into the middle. After seeing how shit he was on Saturday though, I kind of wish Podolski was starting. Let's just hope we don't get opened up defensively too much given the fact that Ramsey and Wilshere both seem to insist on pushing forward instead of closing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom