• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made a Notebook document to keep track of what I'm doing

Parts needed (check with kharma before ordering!):

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: MSI GTX670 2GB Twin Frozr Power Edition Overclocked NVidia PCIe Graphics Card with free Splinter Cell Blacklist
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Hard-Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power L8 530W PSU

Mouse: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Keyboard: Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard
Mousemat: Sharkoon 1337 Gaming Mouse Mat
Controller: Xbox 360 Controller

Parts bought:

RAM: G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready)
USB Memory Stick: Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB Flash Drive - Frustration Free Packaging

Parts delivered:

Parts assembled:

Questionable parts:

Webcam
Old keyboard (see if it still works)
HDMI cable

I'm quite enjoying it, can see myself easily drowning in information and options if I try and go too quickly, taking it slowly at the moment

Looks good. You will never be able to start up a computer without a SSD and not feel like slowly dying again.

GQman2121

Banned
No changes for Villa apart from Clark in for Baker who is injured.

Ba and Mata start for Chelsea. Torres not on the bench.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Luna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann. Benteke

Steer, Bennett, Okore, Bacuna, Helenius, Sylla, Tonev

Cech - Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole - Lampard, Ramires - Mata, Oscar, Hazard - Ba

Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Mikel, van Ginkel, De Bruyne, Schürrle, Lukaku

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Luna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann. Benteke

Cech - Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole - Lampard, Ramires - Mata, Oscar, Hazard - Ba

At least I don't have to watch Torres again!

Mastadon

Banned

Man, Chelsea's bench is insane.

Eanan

Looks good. You will never be able to start up a computer without a SSD and not feel like slowly dying again.

yeah, having your computer boot up within 15 seconds, and have 10 different programs launch at startup and become fully usable the instant the OS gets to the desktop is godlike. Can never go back to having an OS on a regular HDD.

jesalr

Still think Lamela is unlikely, sadly.

footballitalia @footballitalia

Interesting. Erik Lamela's gf Sofia Herrero tweeted "What a grand farce..." just before he ran out for Roma's presentation. #THFC #Roma

dc89

This is not PR. I've just legit ordered some clothes from the brand my GF works for. Pretty decent reductions, I spent £85 on selvedge denim jeans and blazer saving £175.

Yes, I have to buy it. No I can't get it for free. Yes you can buy it too.

GQman2121

Banned
Man, Chelsea's bench is insane.

Incredible hairdos!

At least I don't have to watch Torres again!

Needs to grow the blonde locks back. :(

The Spurs bar in my neigborhood are now handing these out.....
BSNGJAaIYAAiAb7.jpg

That's Fort McHenry there in the middle. It's about a mile away.

NBC even aired this photo before kickoff on Sunday morning.

BR9CR03CQAIWHs2.jpg

I'll be there for our derby on the 28th next month.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Merson thinks Wenger has till Christmas :O

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
lol, that's being kind.

It's a shame because the past has proven that he's not a bad manager, but clearly something has gone wrong.

Saying that, lets go Fenerbache!

In the sky interview he was talking about the impact of financial fair play on his transfers, he also said there isnt as much money as people think.

Wes

venison crêpe
"SI's biggest claim to fame is that it was us who first found out about Lionel Messi," Jacobson says. "He was playing for Barcelona B at the time and Alex McLeish tells a story of when, during his time as Rangers manager, his son came up to him and said he should sign this amazing young forward called Messi who he'd come across on Football Manager. McLeish said he'd never heard of him and forgot about the whole thing. The rest is history."

Why am I not surprised.

weak man i am. caved in after Sporting B killed my original bet. fuck it.

went:

Code:
Futebol, Liga dos Campeões
Ludogorets Razgrad - Basileia
Resultado : Basileia (Quotas: 2,35)

Fenerbahce - Arsenal
Resultado : Fenerbahce (Quotas: 3,00)

Schalke 04 - PAOK
Resultado : Schalke (Quotas: 1,40)

Futebol, Inglaterra - Prem. League
Chelsea - Aston Villa
Resultado : Chelsea (Quotas: 1,25)

5€ nets you 60€. that's Knack right there.

Meier

In the sky interview he was talking about the impact of financial fair play on his transfers, he also said there isnt as much money as people think.
Such a farce. A team like Arsenal will get at least £80m from the TV rights for the EPL alone if every club isn't spending the additional £30-40m they're getting compared to last year, then they're getting left behind. That doesn't even account for the new kit deal they got.

He's full of shit.

How much will that computer cost you Hitcher?

All in.

Future-proofing is the name of my game, so £950 for the base and whatever else for the peripherals. Gonna try and skimp on the keyboard, download a driver to use the useless PSEye as a webcam (most probably won't even need a webcam), nick a HDMI cable from the garage etc

Staggering the purchases over a couple of months as well to make it a bit easier on the bank balance. Can't pretend that I'm not terrified of the entire thing blowing up first time I switch it on

GQman2121

Banned
Does anyone think Torres or Ba will be at/be getting a game for Chelsea in 2 weeks time?

I think they will. And I think so will Rooney after Roman sanctions the massive bid it's going to take to land him.

Who would want either of them right now anyway?

Arnie

Future-proofing is the name of my game, so £950 for the base and whatever else for the peripherals. Gonna try and skimp on the keyboard, download a driver to use the useless PSEye as a webcam (most probably won't even need a webcam), nick a HDMI cable from the garage etc

Staggering the purchases over a couple of months as well to make it a bit easier on the bank balance. Can't pretend that I'm not terrified of the entire thing blowing up first time I switch it on

So let's say £1100. How long do you think it'll last you, without touching it and upgrading bits?

My brother built a PC of similar value a couple years ago and it's a beast.

Meireles is a boss

@Arnie, fuck knows. Puts me in a position of hoping that PC improvements remain incremental so I can keep up affordably, or can leave the minor upgrades and modify as necessary. If somthing revoolutionary comes out, I might be fucked :p

Meier

Elmander joins Norwich on a season long loan. Good to see depth now being added to the squad. He was top quality for Bolton in a lot of games. Him and Wolfie will be a strong forward line should they play together.

siren.gif
A Norwich fan appears! Get him on the list.. even Northampton Town has two fans!

Rosicky really isn't top 4 of the premier league quality.

I actually think he's still pretty solid. Arsenal could probably do better but that would require, *gasp*, spending money. He can still show some moments of brilliance in attack.

Feorax

I think they will. And I think so will Rooney after Roman sanctions the massive bid it's going to take to land him.

Who would want either of them right now anyway?

That all depends on the loss Chelsea are willing to accept. I'd happily take Torres back for around £10 million for example, if Chelsea were prepared to subsidize his wages with a payoff of a couple of million.

The alternative is just to let the clock run down on their contracts. Ba will be on a fairly lengthy deal I would imagine, having only signed in Jan. Torres still has a couple of years left too, right? Tough either way.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't have cable at all. I have Comcunts for internet and rabbit ears for that HD network TV.
Try using your Comcrap user name and password. WatchESPN doesn't support DirecTV but I was able to find a work-around by using my ATT internet username and password (and it's not even U-Verse). You don't lose anything by trying.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
good enough. the news i saw had no value attached to the bid. how much you asking for him?

Last I heard he was 'not for sale' because Cunte loves* him.

Okay, we get it Conte, but the boy needs proper playing time to develop...

*We assume it's football love but we're not so sure anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom