• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Meanwhile... we won some stuff.
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Suen

How much do you think he would go for?
No idea to be honest, don't think his market value was that high last season, below €10m I recall but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if it's much higher than that now, he seems to have become really central to Basel. Perhaps some United fans here would know better as (I think...) they've observed him more.

Wilbur

Banned
Villa have come on leaps and bounds as a team unit, Lambert's done some really good work with them. Odd to say, as its against two really strong teams and they've given really good accounts of themselves, but hard to judge until they come up against a team of similar quality and their game plan has to be altered a tad. Still impressed by them though. Unlucky not to have Ivanovic sent off and got a penalty at the end there as well.

Chelsea not firing on all cylinders yet. Centre midfield is still pretty weak and they desperately need a top class striker.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
As a United fan I can commentate on home bias, this is almost as rediculous as ours, Ivanoic should be off and that was a stonewall penalty, Chelsea are back

Croyles

I remembered why I don't watch Schalke matches...

They have some very good players but something about the atmosphere around that whole club is just off. I think they also need to get some more midfield talent.

TrueBlue

Oof. Got away with that one, Villa were probably unlucky to not get at least a point.

Worth it to hear Collymore froth on TalkSport.

Well we've looked pure shite tonight and realistically didn't deserve the win.

Honestly think based on our Hull second half and most of that game that United are going to water us.

Looking forwards to next week.

Van Persie will lead Moyes Boyz to glory.

Ref was looking straight at it, man, officiating gets worse every year in this league.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen the replay

looool fuck off. Lambert has every right to go nuts here

Mou pls say 'Aston Villa were better' and walk out

GHG

Well done arsene. Now sign some fucking players so that we dont need to rely on gibbs, ramsey and giroud for goals.

Wilbur

Banned
So Ivanovic should have gone and then scored, then Terry gives away a pen in the last minute... that isn't given

MOU IS BACK

Moral table

1 Aston Villa 6
2 Man City 3
3 Man Utd 3
4 West Ham 3
5 Chelsea 3

JonnyBrad

So Lambert is probably going to get a ban for having a go at the ref after the game. Everyone will agree with him that was fucking scandalous.

Kevin Friend should have some time off in League 2.

So Ivanovic should have gone and then scored, then Terry gives away a pen in the last minute... that isn't given

MOU IS BACK

Moral table

1 Aston Villa 6
2 Man City 3
3 Man Utd 3
4 West Ham 3
5 Chelsea 3

Get Scholes out of retirement again to even it out. Will be at least a red card not given every match he plays.

Wilbur

Banned
Man, was gonna sub Benteke out for RvP in FPL but now...

What to do :(

I got rid of Jedinak for Barkley, playing it safe for now; wanted to get rid of Anelka but don't want to lose 4 points so early on in the season. When the Euro Super cup comes, Ivanovic goes on the bench and Hazard goes out for a week. I'm not a risk taker vulva

fortunately I already had RVP
Unfortunately I didn't have Benteke

Sane_Man

I do think we'll struggle against Villa at the weekend. We'll need Lucas in top form to boss midfield and steady Villa's counter-attacks. Thankfully their defence shows signs of weakness, so if we win the midfield battle Coutinho/Aspas/Sturridge should create plenty of chances and hopefully goals.

Salvadora

Jenkinson's transformation since joining Arsenal has been magnificent.

He looked like a non-league player when we signed him. He's an Arsenal man through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom