• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Well done Wooden, here comes a list of quotes from Maradona, God and Pele about Scholes.

bu bu bu all those players were lying about scholes they didnt really mean it they say it about everyone

Like I said to you at the time, find me one quote of someone saying Sami Khedira is an amazing midfielder. Or, like you said, you can find quotes of anyone saying anyone is great. Find me quotes of Xavi saying it.

bu bu bu

fuck off. Your bug eyed Catalan cunt reveres the Ginger prince. Don't like it? Go stare at pictures of Neydyboy and cream your kiwi knickers

I've mine set to do that but tempted now to cancel that. It's RVP like...

We have hard games though..right..

ROBBED BY THE REF!!!! OUTRAGE! :)

Not really. Pleased with the way we played. Good game. Looking forward to Saturday.

I just read that 10 of the 11 who played in the 8-0 drubbing last season played today.

Really impressive stuff from Villa in the first 2 weeks, could have imagined them getting beat twice and being low on confidence but only positive things for you guys. Still defended that set piece poorly though...

FootballFan

:looooooooooool Wilbs.

Pls stop. pls.

And KidA, find where I said Scholes is shit. A fantastic player but those quotes are not proof of it, his play is. Cattermole with a great passing ability.

Garjon

Very harsh on Villa, though Weimann should have done better with his chances. Not looking forward to playing this team on Saturday now.

Ref bottled it on two occasions and Chelsea's first was a hugely unfortunate own goal, you may as well give them the title right now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@JuveGAF/Asamoah fans

Read his TL, so hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

pulga

Banned
bu bu bu all those players were lying about scholes they didnt really mean it they say it about everyone

Like I said to you at the time, find me one quote of someone saying Sami Khedira is an amazing midfielder. Or, like you said, you can find quotes of anyone saying anyone is great. Find me quotes of Xavi saying it.

bu bu bu

fuck off. Your bug eyed Catalan cunt reveres the Ginger prince. Don't like it? Go stare at pictures of Neydyboy and cream your kiwi knickers

I think you mean Benchyboy lolololol

rodvik

We have hard games though..right..

I just read that 10 of the 11 who played in the 8-0 drubbing last season played today.

Really impressive stuff from Villa in the first 2 weeks, could have imagined them getting beat twice and being low on confidence but only positive things for you guys. Still defended that set piece poorly though...

Cheers. Yeah we are a fun team to support right now. Not gutted by the result at all. Going toe to toe with Chelsea away is no disgrace.

Wilbur

Banned
Collymore's hilarious. The cunt blocked me because I said I'd beat him harder on FM than he beat Ulrika.

Mou:

"That was very hard. I missed that about the Premier League! Normally matches in the Bernabeu we win every match very comfortable, this was very hard, it's what I like. I told Paul Lambert that they deserve a point, it wouldn't be unfair.

"They fought a lot. They have their style which is not my style. They have a special player with special qualities with Christian Benteke, they transport the ball to your half and he is a big boy who makes a lot of fouls. It's difficult. They are very dangerous in counter-attack as well."

bu bu bu

Pep Guardiola: "If Copenhagen played in La Liga they would be a top team"
Pep Guardiola: "Never as manager of Barca have I come up against such a tough, intense team.”

izlsRRmuVvKhN.png

Copenhagen being a top team in la liga should be enough reason that la liga is shit.

qindarka

Banned
From the match report sounds like we were robbed of a red card and a penalty?

Didn't get to watch the match either. Been hearing that it should have been a red card for Ivanovic. Some are of the opinion that Terry was fouled in the handball incident though.

I feel like "robbed" is a teeny bit OTT. Ivanovic could have gone, maybe should have cos he did show intent but it was quite smartly disguised. Terry's handball was a definite penalty though...but I suppose the ref will argue that it bounced off the Villa player and hit him point black - for me still a pen though.

You guys played well though, had 2 good chances which you should have put away but Cech made good stops.

Okore wasn't as bad as Wooden claims, there was one quite funny bit when he made a potentially goal-saving block and knew absolutely nothing about it.

dc89

Mou:

From an ethical point of view, no offers for Wayne Rooney will be made (before Monday's match) but we will see after that.

FootballFan

Pep Guardiola: "If Copenhagen played in La Liga they would be a top team"
Pep Guardiola: "Never as manager of Barca have I come up against such a tough, intense team.”

izlsRRmuVvKhN.png

Copenhagen being a top team in la liga should be enough reason that la liga is shit.

:O Pep said that?!

Copenhagen >> Every team Pep ever played then. Copenhagen 2nd best team in the world #Respect.

Wilbur

Banned

Pls stop. pls.

And KidA, find where I said Scholes is shit. A fantastic player but those quotes are not proof of it, his play is. Cattermole with a great passing ability.

Find me a quote where Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Giggs, Pele, Maradona, God, Beckham and Miley Cyrus compliments Lee Cattermole.

Suen

bu bu bu

:looooooooooooooooooooooooool

I think you mean Benchyboy lolololol
:lol

I wouldn't of given a red but then I'm the guy who loves a two footed tackle. But you've seen them given and had he of got a red there could be few complaints.

Pen shout was 50/50 for me. JT's hands were up in the air but arguably he was fouled.

we were muck and Villa feeling hard done by wouldn't be unfair.

Watching a litlle bit of The Social Network

a) Guy who play Zuckerburg has a very annoying voice/accent combo
b) Zuckerburg's dialogue is unnaturally flawless, sounds like Gilmore Girls

FootballFan

Find me a quote where Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Giggs, Pele, Maradona, God, Beckham and Miley Cyrus compliments Lee Cattermole.

Lee Cattermole doesn't have the fantastic passing ability of Scholes, so it's much harder.

ManU bros are crazy. I am not saying he is shit, I am saying quotes are useless. Nice things to have but useless when determining how good he is.

1 gif of his goal vs Barca > 10 quotes from legends. :lol can't believe we going through this again.

Carbonox

I fucking hate Michael Cera.
hehehehe

Enjoyed the film though. JT is great in it. Amazing soundtrack too.

I really love that movie, I think it's great.

Now Wilbur is gonna come along and disect it, firstly into the 3 or however many different parts or whatever they're called, list which was best to worst, speak about writing and then something really really niche that nobody cares about like the colour of clothes the actors were wearing.

Wilbs, the floor is yours.

Suen

We all know that when Pique is having a bad game it's because of Shakira. But what about Messi? Is it Mrs. Hooker who gives him the energy and spirit to crush his opponents?

Pls stop. pls.

I never said you thought he was shit. I just think those quotes are more relevant to Scholes than every other player because Iniesta, Xavi, etc... really liked Scholes. There's a reason why Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, etc... all ran to Scholes to get his kit after the CL final. That usually never happens as everyone sort of just walks to a player and asks when they're shaking hands with the opposing team.

I doubt you'll find 3 players running to a player and forcing a player to pick which one he'd like to exchange kits with again.

And i'm not evaluating Schole's worth through those quotes and that shirt exchange incident. I'm just saying those quotes are more meaningful than your usual quotes where they get forced to say something good about the club/players during a press conference out of politeness.

Talon

Why don't the they use the black kit. If this was Pro Clubs, I'd be quitting now, colors are too close to each other.
Now, to be fair, I'm glad they're colorful instead of yet another random black uni combo. They just look like a circus.

Their home kits are better than last year's by far though.

Also, dig the Arsenal stripes coming back this season. /Talonfashionhourover

Wilbur

Banned
Lee Cattermole doesn't have the fantastic passing ability of Scholes, so it's much harder.

ManU bros are crazy. I am not saying he is shit, I am saying quotes are useless. Nice things to have but useless when determining how good he is.

1 gif of his goal vs Barca > 10 quotes from legends. :lol can't believe we going through this again.

I don't even understand why you're comparing the two. Of course they aren't useless when determining how good he is. If you ask every midfielder in the world to vote and determine who was the best midfielder ever, all these quotes indicate Scholes would be pretty high. It doesn't determine anything because nothing's at stake, but they're not useless when determining someone's quality because we aren't using them to determine someone's quality.

As I recall, it started off as us all bumming Scholes and posting quotes showing how revered he is by his peers, and you started going 'lol i could find a quote of di stefano praising steven n'zonzi'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom