• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
FUCK ME THAT GOAL WAS GORGEOUS

Atletico, holy fucking shit. The passing. The finish. THE FUCKING FINISH.

Goddamn, Villa.

Messi getting put on his arse in the break up as well :lol

Fuck me that was great. Atletico gonna be good in the CL, Simeone looking a good manager.

Sane_Man

That goal was so fucking sexy. The movement and passing from Villa was as smooth as anything and then he darted into the hole and volleyed in a wonder strike. They don't get much better.

Why so sure Atletico will score against Barcelona?

iehpcc5fEnvB7.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Eh, it was poor but not outrageous. Lets face it if Weimann's finishing was better this would be moot.

I'll have to watch highlights.

Apparently Delph had a great second half, it would be really good for us if he came good for us.

Lots of the journos say we were unfortunate not to get a point. Nice to get some plaudits all the same.

3 points after Arsenal and Chelsea away isn't bad though.

Clegg

Spend €60m on a player they didn't need and then they don't start him.

Do nothing to strengthen the one area of the pitch they desperately need reinforcements in.

What an awfully run football club.

Wilbur

Banned
Mourinho sure is the master of the back handed compliment.

Mm, was very patronising towards Lambert and Villa there. Going a bit far saying they don't play and its only long ball; they adapted their game a bit today but considering how lightweight half of Chelsea's team were it was the right thing to do. Played their way out of defence a fair few times as well.

Spend €60m on a player they didn't need and then they don't start him.

Do nothing to strengthen the one area of the pitch they desperately need reinforcements in.

What an awfully rub football club.

You're probably trolling but IMO they did need Neymar, or somebody like him.

Dat Busquets calm tackle.

For you Vulva. They'll never understand what I mean, especially because I actually agree with them, I just don't believe quotes from footballers who say shit every day are worth all that.

You're not getting it. I'm not saying Scholes is good because of those quotes.

I'm saying that Xavi, Iniesta, etc.. genuinely have admiration towards Scholes. Every time there is a press conference, of course players will say something good towards the rival out of politeness. You think that's what's happening with Scholes. I don't believe that is the case as I have pointed out that shirt exchange incident where several Barca players ran to Scholes to exchange their kits. In the end, Scholes picked Iniesta.

Find another instance where players say something good about a player, aren't genuine with their praise of a player, and then lineup to exchange shirts with said player.

My last take on it for Viva.

rodvik

I'll have to watch highlights.

Apparently Delph had a great second half, it would be really good for us if he came good for us.

Lots of the journos say we were unfortunate not to get a point. Nice to get some plaudits all the same.

3 points after Arsenal and Chelsea away isn't bad though.

Mou says we should have got a point. So yeah. Anyways we played great, Delph is on fire. Okore is boss. I am loving it. Cant wait to see us get stuck into Liverpool. We may lose but we are getting better every game and we are fun to watch.

Arnie

Villa are going to murder us. We'll have one of those games where we're pressed so hard it seems like our players can't open their eyes. Predicting Lucas to have a shocker for no particular reason. Just reckon it'll happen.

Clegg

You're probably trolling but IMO they did need Neymar, or somebody like him.

I don't think they needed him at all.

A slight tweaking of their system so they weren't so reliant on Messi and they would be €60m better off and could have improved their defence.

Feorax

Daily Fail tomorrow saying Wenger is going for Benzema. Bid of £40 million.

There are 2 weeks left in the window. This will not end well...

rodvik

Villa are going to murder us. We'll have one of those games where we're pressed so hard it seems like our players can't open their eyes. Predicting Lucas to have a shocker for no particular reason. Just reckon it'll happen.

We are probably going to be knackered. Wouldnt surprise me to see a few more player changes for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom