• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

so madrid is really getting BALE?

i like the team the way it is, bale is gonna ruin team chemistry and fuck things up

Time to get use to CR7 as your striker.
FFMmr.gif

GorillaJu

Spent like 30 minutes of a private lesson today teaching my student how to play Fantasty PL. Even got her to join my league :lol

I shouldn't be teaching anyone though. My team is balls.

dc89

Moyes has lost his mind lads
He proper thinks he's breaking bad
Everton aren't budging
Ronnie is all he has

see

Perez bailed Ronaldo
but when he bails Bale
Ronnie's off to Nando's
He misses Peri Peri there

so when

Twinkle toes has lost his place
Due to Neymar's fervent grace
Ronnie thinks he's won that race
United are now off the pace
Ronnie must make due haste

Ronaldo is coming home Moyes' Boys, he's coming home!

ikLKxgNunvkcH.gif

Mastadon

Banned
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-in-this-summer-transfer-window.370872/

I wish someone would fund an adaptation of this thread into a major motion picture.

This must be how Sal feels when he browses RAWK.

Moyes seems to know what we need but has yet to do anything. It's like he's spilled some milk and is just standing there staring at it going "Yeah, I do need to clean that up..." and then 20 minutes pass and somebody asks him whether he's still going to do it and he repeats himself, this time a bit less convincingly, til he's asked a few more times and eventually decides to just let it soak into the carpet.

:lol

Mourinho confirmed that Willian, the Brazilian attacking player who faced Chelsea for Shakhtar Donetsk last season and is now at Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, is an additional target to Wayne Rooney before the transfer window closes.

'I couldn't say much in previous press conferences, I had to try to be honest but at the same time try to hide a few things,' Mourinho told reporters.

'If you remember I said I was happy with my squad but everyone of us managers says we are happy but we always want something more, we always want more quality and we never close the door to the possibility of adding more quality to the squad.'

When asked if he thinks Willian, who in the last few days underwent a medical with Tottenham, has chosen Chelsea, Mourinho nodded.

'I don't like to speak before time, because football can betray you,' he then said. 'This is a problem when we speak a lot about transfers and names, because sometimes it looks a player is and he isn't, but I know what the player wants so at this moment we cannot hide that it is a possibility.'

In relation to Tottenham's part in the story, Mourinho noted:

'That is the danger of a medical before a contract, but sometimes if you do the contract and the medical after, you can have a problem signing a player with problems. So you have to do the medical before but the best thing to do is do the medical in secret.

'If the player is fine you can sign him, and if not, you do not destroy his career by saying to the world the player has problems. You do it in secret and after that when you sign you can say it is done, but sometimes we don't make it. Sometimes you guys [the press] have great sources and find everything, but that is the risk.'

Mourinho reported that Chelsea are yet to carry out a medical examination on Willian but if a new player were added to the squad it would mean one is likely to go out, as the manager does not want to work with a large group. A squad of 22 is the ideal given the competitions ahead and ensuring an opportunity for Academy players to be involved from time to time.

However Chelsea do not need to sell so a player out on loan is the most likely solution. That would not be Juan Mata despite some media speculation.

'He is a player we all like and want to keep and we want more quality in the team, we don't want less. We want to add to the quality we have so Juan is not a player we want to lose,' insisted Mourinho.

With Chelsea's first away game such a major story, there was not a spare seat available in the press room to hear Mourinho look forward to playing Manchester United. Given his belief that there are six teams in this year's title race, he wished to put Monday's match in context.

'Every game has an influence and if we lost points against Aston Villa it could affect it, but this is not a two-horse race and when it is a two-horse race the two big matches are much more crucial. In this case we have to play 10 big matches and it is different. But every point we get is one point less the opponent gets so Monday is important, but it is the beginning of the season.'

Mourinho will miss sharing time with his friend Sir Alex Ferguson at the game but he says his relationship with David Moyes is good and has potential to move the same way. On Moyes following such a legendary figure he said:

'The history of Sir Alex is there forever. Is that a problem for David? I don't think so because I don't think David wants to be compared with Sir Alex.

'David is an experienced manager with years and year in the Premier League and this is the best moment of his career. He has maturity, experience, a big club, very good players so he is in a fantastic position and I think he is going to do very well. I hope he doesn't win everything and leaves something for the others, but he is in fantastic condition.

'Now he knows to be successful he has to win trophies, but he has the potential to do that.'

Mourinho gave the latest news on David Luiz's recovery from a hamstring problem.

'David Luiz is improving. He is training not yet with the group but training hard. If he is not available on Monday then we think he can be for the Bayern Munich game.'

xintin

im 2/3 of the way thru RE6 and this is just the most absurd shit :lol
one of the scenario endings is
literally just Willis and Affleck at the end of Armageddon with RE characters, right down to ripping the patch of his uniform :lolol

SSN playing the Moyes press conference, mentioning the quotes in The Guardian, and then playing the one from 2009 when City were after Lescott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ycB-9Kg15U

Pretty average game from him. Kept the play moving along, but didn't try to impose himself. I really liked his dribbling in this game. Got him out of trouble and created openings for the attack through it. The only negative part his play was the finishing on 2 shots. Needs to continue to work on his finishing. At u18 level he was scoring goals, but at the u21 level he hasn't replicated that aspect of his game.

Suso needs to do well for 2 reasons, 1, for the direct development, 2, to nail down that starting spot to the point that he dosn;t get permanently dropped after his first bad game

----------------Sturridge--------------------

Ibe------------Coutinho---------Sterling

-----------Suso------------------------------
---------------------------Henderson------

---------------- Lucas---------------------

Give it to me

bjaelke

Suso needs to do well for 2 reasons, 1, for the direct development, 2, to nail down that starting spot to the point that he dosn;t get permanently dropped after his first bad game

Give it to me

Suso is doing well...at Almeria :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUjiUObWtlU

Gambit

Hello again, footy-gaf.

Finally, I can watch my first Bundesliga game today. My two weeks of hiking were great, though. I am actually feeling much better for it.

Time for Pep's Bayern to impress.

qindarka

Banned

Give it to me

You want Liverpool to play 3 at the back?

Walshy

Give it to me
Nah. We've got to fit Will Hughes in there somewhere.

We would be mental not to go for him.

GorillaJu

Will Hughes is more of a CM than an AM. Suso is definitely a playmaker - I think Derby County uses Will Hughes as an AM because they don't have anyone of his quality to play that position, so he's de facto more than de jure. Kind of like how Swansea used Joe Allen as an AM, but for Liverpool he hasn't been good enough in that position (though he may be fine with Coutinho).

anthonyOA

I don't get to post much but wanted to put my opinion forward on the Willain issue.

Mourinho can talk until he's blue in the face. His excuses don't wash with me. This wasn't a squad issue, it was personal. Chelsea have a habit of hoarding/killing talent. I'm not sure what their intentions are in each case but in this it was obviously the fear direct threat Spurs would pose with Lamala AND Willain in their attack.

That is the easiest and most obvious answer.

They have no business buying a 30million midfielder with Juan Mata looking at more bench time this season. The same Juan Mata who was instrumental in both of their recent European cup wins.

This purchase of Willain could go two ways.

1. He ends up bench-buddies with Marko Marin, DeBruyne, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Mosses and McEchran...

2. He displaces Hazard/Mata/Oscar

And he will have to be exceptional to break that particular trifecta, which is imo one of the best in Europe.

Ultimately they haven't hurt spurs but will cause disuption to their squad if genuine talent feels left out.

If Spurs do manage to get Laeala then their squad imo is ready for at least a major cup.

---------------------------- Soldado -------------------------------

Lamela/Chadli ------ Dembele ------------------- Lennon

---------------- Paulinho -- Capoue/Sandro ----------------

Rose --------- Vertonghen - Dawson --------- Walker

------------------------------ Lloris ----------------------------------

That's an impressive team.

Levy should save that 30million for next transfer window. There's not much more I'd do apart from another CB or ST (but Defoe is good off the bench).

Salazar

this it was obviously the fear direct threat Spurs would pose with Lamala AND Willain in their attack.

The Roman theory is so much more plausible than Mourinho being terrified of Spurs.

"Easiest and most obvious answer" ?

lol

Spurs were on the radar because of Bale. This uppity shit is almost as priceless as the "Fergie is scared of Liverpool" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom