• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I honestly don't know what to expect at Villa. I feel like our biggest weakness could be alleviated through having Kolo Toure there instead of Martin Skrtel - there is also Villa's exhaustion coming into this game to account for. On the other hand, they've looked really dangerous and have an excellent attacking 4, with quality players. I think if we score an early goal, it's ours.

Kinan

I watched us play Tavirya the other week and we looked good. I think we'll beat Metalurg tomorrow, but 3 games in 7 days is crazy!

Don't tell me you missed that Aktobe match at Thursday. How do they allow to play Europa League matches on such crappy field is beyond me. On a beautiful Olympiyski Stadium with perfect pitch we will destroy those amateurs 6:0 next week!

LTWheels

I honestly don't know what to expect at Villa. I feel like our biggest weakness could be alleviated through having Kolo Toure there instead of Martin Skrtel - there is also Villa's exhaustion coming into this game to account for. On the other hand, they've looked really dangerous and have an excellent attacking 4, with quality players. I think if we score an early goal, it's ours.

I don't think Villa will be exhausted. They are a young fit team. Professional footballers at this level are fit enough to play multiple matches a week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Money spent since Jan 2011-

Chelsea - £316 mil
Man City - £230 mil
Spurs - £128 mil
Man Utd - £117 mil
Arsenal - £105 mil
Everton - £33 mil

Fulham 0-1 Arsenal
Everton 2-0 WBA
Hull 1-3 Norwich
Newcastle 0-0 West Ham
Southampton 1-1 Sunderland
Stoke 1-0 Crystal Palace
Villa 1-2 Liverpool (Fuck it, optimism)

Cardiff 0-2 Man City
Tottenham 2-1 Swansea

Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea

Do one, scum.

ibrZ5Tg92Mjz3R.gif

Salazar

Martino: "Bale to Madrid for around 100M? Bale is an excellent player but the rumoured fee shows a lack of respect for the world we live in"

looooooooooool

I don't like RM either, but you don't get to talk

bjaelke

Wenger: "Why did Higuain choose another club? That's not the truth. The truth is that he was not a special target for us." #afc

KuGsj.gif

LTWheels

lol, there is a twitter account that just translates Wisdom's tweets into something readable

https://twitter.com/awisdomtweets

andre wisdom ‏@andrewisdom47x 9 Aug
Ey sister act 2 is bad, joyful joyful lauryn hill kills it

Wisdom Translator ‏@awisdomtweets 22 Aug
.@andrewisdom47x Translation: Andre Wisdom's professional critique of Sister Act 2 could put all the film critics to shame. Enticing.

andre wisdom ‏@andrewisdom47x 15h
Memba wen i got robbed for ma pokemon cards went home vex, got dem bk tho lol

Wisdom Translator ‏@awisdomtweets 15h
.@andrewisdom47x Translation: Wisdom tells an inspirational story on how he recovered his Pokemon cards after they got stolen. Touching.

Not looking forward to today's match, I'd love to see us have a proper go at Newcastle, but I can't see BFS doing anything drastically different from last year's away set-up.

Just lumped on a triple of:

Everton, West Ham, Norwich.

Fucking mental. £2 wins £30.

Woah, hold up - you bet money on West Ham winning away? Better hope Everton & Norwich do the job for you, because we most likely won't, lol.

Arnie

Just seen the Ivanovic elbow. Dithering between what a think of it. I agree that if Taylor was sent off, Ivanovic should go, too. And it was dangerous. But I also agree with Mourinho that in physical battles like that you're going to have these things. Benteke is a very physical player and sometimes, in your rush to stop him, you might accidentally throw an elbow.

Fucking hell this weather, absolutely pouring down.

Woah, hold up - you bet money on West Ham winning away? Better hope Everton & Norwich do the job for you, because we most likely won't, lol.
Newcastle are fucking dogshit.

And you've got SD23.

Wenger: "Why did Higuain choose another club? That's not the truth. The truth is that he was not a special target for us." #afc

KuGsj.gif

He probably was not a 'special target' due to the miscommunication regarding Suarez's contract. If that release clause situation had been clear then, I think we probably would have wrapped up a Higuain deal.

Fuckin' Suarez, man. Every single thing about him is horrid and offensive.

He really shouldn't be allowed to do that. You can't ditch your country in the qualifiers/African Cup and then come back for the World Cups.

True, i was pissed off when he pulled his stunt but the team isnt better without him (still mad we fucked up at both ACNs) the qualifiers aren't over yet, there is the group game against Zambia that Ghana has to win then a two leg tie for a ticket to Brazil

bjaelke

Fulham team to face Arsenal: Stockdale; Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise; Duff, Parker, Sidwell, Taarabt; Kasami; Berbatov

Arsenal team to play Fulham: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker (c), Sagna, Gibbs, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud

I didn't get home until about 2am last night and decided to stay up to catch the game rather than get some sleep and (maybe) wake up for it (it starts at 6:45am local time).

I'm now exhausted and this team sheet is telling me that I made the worst decision.

GHG

Gold Member
He probably was not a 'special target' due to the miscommunication regarding Suarez's contract. If that release clause situation had been clear then, I think we probably would have wrapped up a Higuain deal.

Fuckin' Suarez, man. Every single thing about him is horrid and offensive.

I'm not convinced we would have payed £37m for Higuain even if the Suarez situation didn't arise. There were reports that we had a £25m + add-ons fee agreed in principal but Real then raised their price for him after Ancelotti came in. Wenger then didn't deem Higuain to be worth that much and thought if he's going to spend that much, why not get someone much better, so we went for Suarez.

Nothing wrong with that IMO, the problems came in when Suarez's agent told us there was a clause that didn't exist so it meant we just pissed Liverpool off with our +£1 bid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
True, i was pissed off when he pulled his stunt but the team isnt better without him (still mad we fucked up at both ACNs) the qualifiers aren't over yet, there is the group game against Zambia that Ghana has to win then a two leg tie for a ticket to Brazil

Psh, you only need Kwadwo Awesome-oah.

Kwadwo-Asamoah-right-and-Mubarak-Wakaso-celebrate-after-Wakaso-scored.jpg

GHG

Gold Member
Fulham team to face Arsenal: Stockdale; Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise; Duff, Parker, Sidwell, Taarabt; Kasami; Berbatov

Arsenal team to play Fulham: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker (c), Sagna, Gibbs, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud

Good lineup from us there. Will be interesting to see how Sagna gets on at CB again.

COYG!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eto'o's agent spilled.. everything

He has been heavily linked with Chelsea and a reunion with Jose Mourinho, but his representative explained the problems.

“Chelsea have a clear club policy of not signing players over 30,” Claudio Vigorelli told Il Giornale.

“I spoke to Jose, who was willing to give Samuel a one-year contract, but Chelsea are waiting for Wayne Rooney. Mourinho only has him in mind and is waiting for the situation with Manchester United to find a breakthrough.”

This puts Inter in pole position for a return to the club where Eto’o won the Treble only three years ago.

“Samuel wants to come back to the football that matters. He believed in Anzhi’s project, then one day the owner turned around and said ‘it’s over.’

“There is a terrible recession around now and it’s not just a question of lowering his wages. It’s hard to find a club willing to give €8m or even €5m per season.

“Inter too are down to the bone. Eto’o would happily come back, but these are difficult times. We are talking about it.

“Football is entirely unpredictable, so if Inter win against Genoa tomorrow then they might forget Eto’o. If they lose, the scenario changes completely.

“What I can guarantee is that Inter and Massimo Moratti remain in his heart.”

Vigorelli also admitted to talks with Roma, but described his conversation with director of sport Walter Sabatini as “more of an informal chat. Napoli also came forward.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom