• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Chelsea XI: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, Torres
Subs: Schwarzer, Essien, Mata, Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Lukaku, Ba

No defenders on the bench, yay. Fuck international football. What happened to Bertrand, anyway?

Would have preferred Van Ginkel and Lukaku to start.

No Lukaku :/

4 players not playing in my FPL team. Hope he gets subbed on and gets some minutes vs Villa.

Wilbur

Banned
Brummies in the pub next to me

"Soldado? Never heard of him"
"Defoe's got to be in the top five or six strikers in the country"
"Bale's been quiet this match"

what's going on bruges

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't get RVP in ff so I could get Mata and Luiz.

Why does Mourinho hate me?

It must be cos I'm a United fan and he wanted the United job. Prick.

Mate you fucking tool you were the one that convinced me to get RVP how the fuck do you not have him

Viva's title defence over before it even began.

Hindle

Banned
I can't tell whether it's good or bad Spurs are winning by one goal against a newely promoted side.

I'm not watching but apparently Palace deserve more in this.

Peco

zZzZzPL

I need Serie A.

OMYaiTO.gif

Not surprised about Torres. Thought in pre season that Lukaku's goal threat was good but his overall team play lacking. Thought Torres opened the game up a lot more giving other players the opportunity.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers AVB, now I don't get Whittaker points.

looooooooool

Yurt reigns supreme

I can't tell whether it's good or bad Spurs are winning by one goal against a newely promoted side.

No way. Spurs should be winning 2-0 on balance of play. They've not been great, but by far the better side.

edit Palace 4 shots to Spurs' 15. Defoe and Siggy should have scored.

Our season starts in 30 min at home with newly promoted Arouca.
First official starting eleven of the season :

Patricio; Cedric, Mauricio, Rojo, Jeffereson; William Carvalho, Adrien, Gerson Magrão; Carrillo, Wilson Eduardo and Montero.

Excited for the match, it´s good to see Wilson Eduardo and William Carvalho on Sporting´s main squad, we have 5 players formed on the club on the starting eleven.
I´m expecting good things from Montero but I´m not too sure about Gerson Magrão, not seen enough of him to form an opinion.

Hixx

Been fairly one sided, Spurs came inches close to adding to their tally two or three times now.

flyover

Not surprised about Torres. Thought in pre season that Lukaku's goal threat was good but his overall team play lacking. Thought Torres opened the game up a lot more giving other players the opportunity.
I think Lukaku is just being saved for midweek, since they have another league game on Wednesday.

Wilbur

Banned
Our season starts in 30 min at home with newly promoted Arouca.
First official starting eleven of the season :

Patricio; Cedric, Mauricio, Rojo, Jeffereson; William Carvalho, Adrien, Gerson Magrão; Carrillo, Wilson Eduardo and Montero.

Excited for the match, it´s good to see Wilson Eduardo and William Carvalho on Sporting´s main squad, we have 5 players formed on the club on the starting eleven.
I´m expecting good things from Montero but I´m not too sure about Gerson Magrão, not seen enough of him to form an opinion.

I only know Patricio out of that whole team. I hope you win just so Lambda is sad when he returns to civilisation.

Wilbur

Banned
Lloris, damn.

Tottenham have been incredibly underwhelming.

Really? No less so than you were yesterday. Dominated the game, should have scored more, one or two hairy moments but deserve the win. I think they've done alright, they were drawing this match at the start of last season. If they close it out, job done.

People are expecting too much from Spurs I think. They're favourites for fourth, but that's it.

GQman2121

Banned

Mou might use him coming off the bench as motivation. It could light his fire....

People will bang on and say oh Spurs are shit, only 1-0 etc but first game of the season, new signings settling in and away to a promoted team is NEVER easy on the first day.

3 points is all that matters. We still have Sandro, Holtby, Bale, Adebayor all to come into the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom