• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Eh? We're doing you a favour by beating your midtable rival..

Or relegation, you never know.
I just want you to lose your first game, relegation is reserved for you and the other big ones when the next scandal surface.

Also we'll be in top five this season.

#DonadoniBelieve

ShogunX

If he is so shit, how do you explain him playing 33 matches in the PL winning season?

Plus, when he has been injured the last seasons, City conceded more goals when he was out compared to when Kompany was out injured.

Also, Ireland was included in those £24m and he was bad.

Lescott isn't shit he just isn't that great. He's your basic English defender who does the simple things well enough to earn him a big money move.

Fry

I think ever since I started supporting Liverpool, I have never been satisfied with the squad as I am now.

Here's to Suarez staying and another player coming.

Zabojnik

If we can't find a way for Marchisio to fit into midfield, then he has to be dropped in favour of Pogba. Every single thing he does is class.

Three players for two positions, with Pogba that can play left and right of Pirlo. Serie A, CL, Coppa Italia ... We'll need them all. :)

COME ON LADS, 10 MORE MINUTES!

Three players for two positions, with Pogba that can play left and right of Pirlo. Serie A, CL, Coppa Italia ... We'll need them all. :)
Absolutely, and I love Marchisio and hope he is with us until the day he retires. But Pogba is better than him in most regards, spectacularly so in some, and Pogba is 20 years old.

Best

Kolo's being massively overrated at the moment. Benteke was quiet today but that was down to the complete lack of service from his team, I think they only found him once in the box the whole game. RVP will destroy him next week.

Fry

Koptimism. Can't stand it.

Midfields with four amazing players including one of United's (Le Havre's lol) prospects. Can't stand it.

Koptmism?

I started supporting liverpool after the world cup. Tell me if they had a better squad in that period.

Zabojnik

Absolutely, and I love Marchisio and hope he is with us until the day he retires. But Pogba is better than him in most regards, spectacularly so in some, and Pogba is 20 years old.

I don't know about "most", he's certainly better in some regards, "worse" in others. Each has a unique way of interpreting the mezzala role, love them both to death. Marchisio's problem is that he has to be at 90%+ form to shine. Pogba is a beast regardless. :D

L1NETT

How did I miss this. Haris Vukic trained with us (bradford) for two days last week and played (apparently) a game behind closed doors.

Due to Parky's close relationship with Pardew and Curtis Good's top loan deal last year, Newcastle wouldn't loaning him to us.

He is in contention for a start against Morecambe for the Toon but if Cabeye fucks off and they got a replacement, apparently the loan deal might still be on.

My penis tingles.

Wilbur

Banned
Koptmism?

I started supporting liverpool after the world cup. Tell me if they had a better squad in that period.

They didnt. I still can't stand Koptimism. You're being koptimistic about your chances this season. Stop it you fucking blert. Accept relegation.

FuturusX

Koptimism. Can't stand it.

Midfields with four amazing players including one of United's (Le Havre's lol) prospects. Can't stand it.

Give Moyes a call. He talks to that wanker Bill Kenwright most weeks, I'm sure he'll talk to you too*

*I may or may not be inferring that you are a wanker...btw.

Into

obi88.jpg

Lets just seal this up

I don't know about "most", he's certainly better in some regards, "worse" in others. Each has a unique way of interpreting the mezzala role, love them both to death. Marchisio's problem is that he has to be at 90%+ form to shine. Pogba is a beast regardless. :D
Marchisio is a sturdier option because he plays safer, does fewer extravagant things, is excellent at recycling possession, and is wilier and more experienced. He also works a little harder overall and is maybe a cooler finisher inside the box.

But Pogba has a more powerful finish at range, is better in the air, has greater vision and range of passing, is physically stronger and tackles better, is faster in a straight sprint, and has an arsenal of little tricks and exquisite control over the ball that Claudio doesn't have.

Edit: And like Vurt says, Marchisio is probably better at stealthy runs behind, because everyone is shit scared of Pogba and knows where he is at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom