• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinan

We have been linked with both Yarmolenko and Yevhen Konoplyanka.

Is Konoplyanka any good? Considering you watch the league...

Thats two best Ukrainian players currenlty. Konoplyanka is not that powerful as Yarmolenko, but even more technically skilled. Joy to watch really when he is in form. They both basically grow out of UPL, so its only question of time when they will leave. Konoplyanka seems to be more willing to leave Dnipro than Yarmolenko - Dynamo, so I would expect him to go first.

Suen

Ive no TV or internet at my place for the last three days.

Im going fucking crazy.

How's Juve playing

Bale is Marbella is making me hard
I haven't been observing the game that well but these last few minutes it looked to me like Juve's passing was shitty.

Podolski made a video with Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Mertesacker wishing Poldi's youth club all the best for the new season.

Poldi is classy as hell, I wish he was more successful :(

Edit: Or to make it sounds more positive, I wish he could continue to score like today :D

Manager

Lucas had a really strange game. At times he made some excellent tackles and broke up the play very well and then a minute later he would get caught in possession and look very slow getting back into position.

Two games in and I still stand by the claim that we have signed Man City's second best defender :)

You're criminally underestimating Lescott, who won City PL, and one of the most promising Cbs in the world in Nastasic. As I said before, he made over 100k here too, he was impossible to keep.

Plus, Mancini was insane with position play, and Kolo failed several times a match. But no one questions his personality though.

Scum

Viggo Mortensen's Aragorn is one sexy bastard

0q76ono.gif

Thank god Nic Cage turned it down
Wait. What?!

ShogunX

You're criminally underestimating Lescott, who won City PL, and one of the most promising Cbs in the world in Nastasic. As I said before, he made over 100k here too, he was impossible to keep.

Plus, Mancini was insane with position play, and Kolo failed several times a match. But no one questions his personality though.

How can anybody ''criminally'' underestimate the 24m Joleon fucking Lescott?

Toure so far for us looks extremely fit, dominates in the air, has very good organisational skills and still has a decent amount of pace. Like I said above it's still only early days and Toure will face some big tests but from the small sample size we have he does everything better than Lescott.

Walshy

Thats two best Ukrainian players currenlty. Konoplyanka is not that powerful as Yarmolenko, but even more technically skilled. Joy to watch really when he is in form. They both basically grow out of UPL, so its only question of time when they will leave. Konoplyanka seems to be more willing to leave Dnipro than Yarmolenko - Dynamo, so I would expect him to go first.
Good to know.

Always good to have opinions about players who you don't really know much about, so thanks.

Brendan has done it again.
That wasn't his quote. Also, a win is a win, all that matters is the 3points.

Manager

How can anybody ''criminally'' underestimate the 24m Joleon fucking Lescott?

Toure so far for us looks extremely fit, dominates in the air, has very good organisational skills and still has a decent amount of pace. Like I said above it's still only early days and Toure will face some big tests but from the small sample size we have he does everything better than Lescott.

If he is so shit, how do you explain him playing 33 matches in the PL winning season?

Plus, when he has been injured the last seasons, City conceded more goals when he was out compared to when Kompany was out injured.

Also, Ireland was included in those £24m and he was bad.

Hixx

O'Shea dragging Lallana to the ground in the box.

No pen.

Lee Mason.

Wasn't a pen. Even Tony friggin' Gale who can't stand SAFC couldn't find it in himself to say it was.

No, I really think that's how he his. And I think it's silly that people complain about all these bland managers, and then also dismisses those who know how to joke and show feelings.

Just because he's entertaining doesn't mean he isn't a nob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom