• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got some soundbites but he's a tosser. Still last time you were in the PL it was Dowie so the only way is up!

Not sure about why he´s a tosser.

But nevertheless he´s a big step up from Ian "Bagdab Bob" Dowie, who also moved from Palace to another London club after saying that he needed to get closer to his family as a reason for leaving Palace.

Ugh what a preening little swine. Really get the impression that nearly all modern footballers are absolute bellends.

It honestly feels like they think contracts only go one way.

'If I want to stay here against your will and be a leech, I will. If you don't let me go as and when I want to even if I have time to run on the contract I signed, you're treating me like a slave'

dc89

Denis Suarez, not even on the bench for Barca B.

tumblr_liue3ijwPI1qamyzxo1_250.gif

Do any other leagues have Hawkeye?

I see Serie A have 6 officials instead.

It's more expensive but Juve get what they want at the end of the day, why not.

Speaking of this goal line stuff, I really want a ref to take the piss with it one day, like somebody scores a standard goal, back of the net, nestled nicely in the corner and Phil Dowd's all like "hold on! let me just see what my watch is telling me here...yes, that's a goal, carry on!" in his overly dramatic way.

Pls Phil.

ShogunX

AVB's an absolute grumbly dick, whilst we're on the subject. Fucking murmuring his way to nothing in every conversation he's ever had. Then he'll throw in a word like 'dimension', play with his hair, and the journalists/remjobs lap it all up.

People like him because he's a bit of eye candy and he used to be ''The Special One's'' wank towel.

Hixx

He's very much a "look at me! HEY YOU LOOK AT ME I'M DOING SOMETHING SILLY!"

A bit like Di Canio. But Di Canio is more like "look at me! HEY YOU LOOK AT ME I'M PAOLO DI FUCKING CANIO!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually shouted that before.

Wilbur

Banned

But nevertheless he´s a big step up from Ian "Bagdab Bob" Dowie, who also moved from Palace to another London club after saying that he needed to get closer to his family as a reason for leaving Palace.

Been in the league a week and already moaning about small clubs never getting decisions and talking about something that happened a full three minutes before the Spurs goal as a cause. I don't like him, thought people liked him because he's funny sometimes but they tend to overestimate his managerial ability because of it. He did great at Blackpool and he's done pretty well at Palace (albeit having inherited a good side from Freedman), but he's not as good as the media make him out to be

He's very much a "look at me! HEY YOU LOOK AT ME I'M DOING SOMETHING SILLY!"

A bit like Di Canio. But Di Canio is more like "look at me! HEY YOU LOOK AT ME I'M PAOLO DI FUCKING CANIO!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually shouted that before.

So if you´re keeping a low profile, you´re dull, and if you crack a joke from time to time, you´re a tosser. Got it. ;)

Man, Lucas made me shit myself a few times today. One of a couple of moans but I shan't bother, we dug in and ground out a 1-0 which isn't something we've done much in recent years. Kolo/Mig/Sturridge are all on form. Hopefully there's still a player or two to come in, we could really do with that little bit more width.

ShogunX

It honestly feels like they think contracts only go one way.

'If I want to stay here against your will and be a leech, I will. If you don't let me go as and when I want to even if I have time to run on the contract I signed, you're treating me like a slave'

In some ways it's our own fault as fans for putting players on a pedestal.

Hixx

So if you´re keeping a low profile, you´re dull, and if you crack a joke from time to time, you´re a tosser. Got it. ;)

So you don't think he's an incessant attention seeker?

Okay, then...

Hixx I'm at 65%, we getting that guild wars on tonight. You going to donate money to me, Quiche and Broken.

Depends, I could delete my chars and we could start on the GAF guild server and get some nice cash and xp bonuses I think

I like him. He doesn't bullshit.

Martinez: "We were excellent (after losing 4-0). There are ever so many positive signs from today and I'm thrilled with the team's performance."
AVB: "ehhhh... uuhhhh... and uhh.. we uhh... We had a uhhh.. a good a good a good uhhh... performance..."
Moyes: "If I were the official, I would have said 'okay, yeah, it's a bit offside but I'll let this one go'."
Kenny: "I never said that. You were the ones sayin that. I never said that. You can put it in your story that I never said that. It was you who said it."
Pardew: "I've got no idea what the fuck is going on. Where am I, exactly?"

I prefer Paul Lambert over the above.

It's great to have Mourinho back because of his interviews alone. Does anyone remember Jose arrogonntio?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EgQld_0vyEU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=EgQld_0vyEU

ShogunX

Man, Lucas made me shit myself a few times today. One of a couple of moans but I shan't bother, we dug in and ground out a 1-0 which isn't something we've done much in recent years. Kolo/Mig/Sturridge are all on form. Hopefully there's still a player or two to come in, we could really do with that little bit more width.

Lucas had a really strange game. At times he made some excellent tackles and broke up the play very well and then a minute later he would get caught in possession and look very slow getting back into position.

Two games in and I still stand by the claim that we have signed Man City's second best defender :)

Wilbur

Banned
Lucas had a really strange game. At times he made some excellent tackles and broke up the play very well and then a minute later he would get caught in possession and look very slow getting back into position.

Two games in and I still stand by the claim that we have signed Man City's second best defender :)

Think Nastasic is better than Toure but of course doesn't have the experience, and Kolo seems to have a new lease of life. I even thought Lescott was very good th season before last.

Toure is quite rash IMO, definitely done well in the two games he's played but a couple of times he made bad choices, today he had a pretty poor defensive header but Agbonlahor scuffed his shot. Being picky tho.

It's about partnerships at CB though.

Been in the league a week and already moaning about small clubs never getting decisions and talking about something that happened a full three minutes before the Spurs goal as a cause. I don't like him, thought people liked him because he's funny sometimes but they tend to overestimate his managerial ability because of it. He did great at Blackpool and he's done pretty well at Palace (albeit having inherited a good side from Freedman), but he's not as good as the media make him out to be

Well, considering Freedman turned out to be the guy that we´re prepared to leave a love where he was considered to be a legend for a sideways move to Bolton when we were top of the division (How´s that move turning out for you so far Dougie?), I'm glad we got this tosser as a manager instead. :)

As far as what media portrays him like, I couldn´t care less. What I do know is that he:

*Got Blackpool of all clubs promoted to the PL
*Almost kept them up, while playing quite attractive football.
*Almost got them promoted again, despite having lost several key players.
*Got us promoted.
*And so far is showing signs of building a promising side, with some signings that the supporters are were happy with.

If you can do that AND keep a funny profile, you´re ok as a manager of my favorite club.

As for complaining about the referees, in a league that had Sir Alex Ferguson for 20 years and still have Arsene Wenger, it's barely white noice even.

So you don't think he's an incessant attention seeker?

Okay, then...

No, I really think that's how he his. And I think it's silly that people complain about all these bland managers, and then also dismisses those who know how to joke and show feelings.

Its nice to have a centre back now who anticipates crosses and moves to block them before they reach the striker, rather than Carra and Skrtel who play the man and hope to either put them off by making contact, or beat them to the header. The way Toure has dealt with them so far has been the best of both worlds, he moves in front of the striker to block/clear the cross, and stays close enough to him to challenge a header if needed

Only avoidably lost Benteke once today I think

pulga

Banned
Ive no TV or internet at my place for the last three days.

Im going fucking crazy.

How's Juve playing

Bale in Marbella is making me hard

ShogunX

Toure is quite rash IMO, definitely done well in the two games he's played but a couple of times he made bad choices, today he had a pretty poor defensive header but Agbonlahor scuffed his shot. Being picky tho.

It's about partnerships at CB though.

Toure has been the opposite of rash so far in a Liverpool shirt. Obviously it's only early days and he's one mistake away from being shit (just like Mignolet) but he's added much needed leadership into our back four and has been dominant in nearly everything he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom