• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Reina pls

imomGcEenavWn.gif

Labadal

Fuck me, why do all our rivals have managers I like now :lol

In the last year Rafa, Kenny, Mancini and Arry have all been extinguished like the cunts they are, and replaced by sexy Mou, suave Manuel, silly Brentan and sizzling hot AVB

Pls bring Rafa back Liverpool so I can hate you once more
You have Moyes, someone I already hate. I cringe everytime Brendan opens his mouth. Maybe he needs to gently stroke my cheek for me to change my mind?

Salvadora

Running around saying they're mid-table :loooooooooooool. I said it once. In a post clearly taking the piss. Minutes after having said Wenger's brilliant and that's why they get fourth. Come on Salva.

And I'm clearly not rational. I'm plastic and hairless and I love David Moyers.

Spreadsheets count for fuck all. You're not spending money. You're not winning trophies. You're not in a position to take the best managers away from Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich. Would they be interested, after a few years in a job they're not succeeding in, or a few years out of work? Yeah, sure. But would they be interested purely because its Arsenal and they make a lot of money in Japan and they have a big stadium, or would they be interested if they could be guaranteed money to win trophies and to actually compete? It certainly wouldn't be the former.

A manager like Laudrup would step up immediately because the lure of a 'big' club is enough. But the current Arsenal could not attract one of the game's very best managers. They're not equipped to challenge for trophies, they're seemingly content to hang onto fourth every year. Why would born winners like Conte want to join if it just meant finishing fourth was an achievement and he'd be granted the bare minimum to do that?
We've had a miscommunication then Wilbur, I didn't mean luring managers currently in any of the huge clubs. I meant unemployed and looking for a new club (possibly in England), of which I'm sure some would be interested in. Especially with the wages we could offer (and are already spending on Wenger).

Laudrup is an exciting young manager with swag, but I don't think I could be sold on him yet. Give him another couple of years.
A difficult concept to comprehend for some.
Come on Slizz, I'm referring to the money available right now to spend. Which is widely reported and even confirmed by Wenger (although not the amount).

No need to have a go.

Arnie

Laudrup is a fucking lemon. I cringe whenever anyone seriously suggests he's ready for a top club. Again, just because he looks cool. If he looked like Harry Redknapp nobody would give a fuck.

3Sixty

Landry please.

Got some bets with mate at work. I bet Cardiff would score. That's for 1 bottle of booze. And I bet there would be a hattrick/Red Card or Penalty today for another bottle.

Love prop bets.

Timurid

Laudrup is a fucking lemon. I cringe whenever anyone seriously suggests he's ready for a top club. Again, just because he looks cool. If he looked like Harry Redknapp nobody would give a fuck.

Just like when you thought Strama was class. :lol

Why can't I like the player? :( I liked him when he played in La Liga during his years in Valencia as well. Spurs can fuck off but I wouldn't mind Soldado scoring (as long as Swansea is winning, Michu pls)

Fair enough then :p

I like Kone, but I still hope he ends up scoring more own goals than goals this season :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom