• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League - Mourinho: Moyes to blame for Rooney's misery

Mourinho pulled no punches when asked if Moyes was the man to blame for Rooney's unhappiness.

"Of course," he replied. "We are trying to get a player that a manager told 'You will be a second option' for him.

"We are not going for Van Persie. They [United] don't have to be against me. If I say Ramires is a second option for me and he plays when Lampard is tired or injured, if someone comes here to get Ramires, nobody is upset.

"In every big team, I am not criticising, you have first options and second options, and those second options must be very good players.

"Of course big teams must have second choices. Big players too. The point is if the players are happy to accept that situation."

Mourinho then clearly reiterated that Rooney would not have to accept being a number two at Stamford Bridge, and pointed out that it is only the strength of United's strike force that has left Rooney in the cold.

"It means they have a fantastic squad," Mourinho added. "Fantastic. I was playing against them last year. He was on the bench and [Alex Ferguson] was playing Van Persie, Welbeck, Kagawa. The squad is amazing. So it is natural that some players have to be second-choice."

iDO109dZiMaRx.gif

justjohn

No hes simply targeting the manager that he believe to be in the weakest position and piling pressure onto him. He was similarly arrogant towards Wenger in his previous stay as Chelsea manager while being very pally with Utds boss at the time.The equation is a simple one, Mourinho believes he can break Moyes mentally, so hes going to try. I dont think Moyes has any idea what hes in for here, anybody who watched Mourinho in Spain will realise that he is perfectly capable of turning his biweekly press conferences into a running inquest on every decision his opponents make.This is a man whose irritation factor is so high he forced Guardiola to walk away from possibly the greatest club side in history for his own sake. Im predicting a full on Keegan style rant by Moyes before Christmas. I mean hes already got the paranoia and bulging eyeballs so hes halfway there already, Jose just needs to give him a little push to send him over the edge
Comment from the guardian article on mourinho

Salvadora

Comment from the guardian article on mourinho
I actually think he's held back on Rooney pretty well.

There has been ample opportunity to lay into Moyes/United and he hasn't taken it. Even the story today was pretty tame. The old Mourinho would have put a bid in before the match.

Nyx

Yesterday I witnessed a flawless match of 18-year old Yassin Ayoub.

G0H4gA4.png

Ugly as fuck but remember his name, I predict Dutch national team material at least.

So you're mad they use the whole 90 minute scale.

I don't know what to say.
No, I'm annoyed that during the game they use a countdown clock (runs from 45:00 to 0:00 each half) and in the game report, they use regular soccer time to record goals, etc... (a goal scored right before half time is recorded as scored at the 44th minute.)

Hixx

jiiiii6s38.png

This Osvaldo is a right cunt. Should have been sent off, wins the freekick for their goal and then cheats again doing this half a second before they score.

Lee cunting Mason.

Salvadora

People honestly believe Mourinho managed to force Guardiola away? lol
I missed Mourinho's dig at him yesterday:
"It was Jupp Heynckes's Bayern that was the best team in Europe," the 50 year-old Portuguese was quoted by Bild am Sonntag.

"Now they have a new coach and new players - and I'm not sure if they are still as good."
I don't think this rivalry is going anywhere :lol.

Hixx

Giaccherini been speaking to the Independent, maybe the Juve lot will find it interestng
wtzgU.gif

"I have always been a big fan of English football because it is a spectacular type of football," Giaccherini said.

"The fans are fantastic, there is massive respect. The people come to the stadiums to watch the football and the support the teams.

"After the game, there isn't the same pressure. On the other hand, in Italy, there is a lot of pressure and also sometimes not nice things happen.

"And also the chance to be a regular starter. At Juventus, I didn't have that because there were a lot of important players in front of me.

"I have put myself at the disposal of the coach for this project and I am happy to be part of it."

Giaccherini penned a four-year deal with the Wearsiders and does not believe the move will hamper his chances of a place at next year's World Cup.

"I came here to play," he said. "At Juventus I was always called up to the national team.

"I had my space in the national team. But for a player, I think there is a lot of pride in playing and showing your value.

"I called the Mister (Italy boss Cesare Prandelli) and I said I was coming here and he wished me the best of luck. And he told me if I continue like this [to play] there wouldn't be any problems."

Giaccherini has impressed in his two appearances for the Black Cats so far and scored his first goal for the club in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Southampton.

"Personally I am not 100 per cent satisfied because I think I have to give a lot more, but I am only at the start," he added.

"We have had only two games and you need a bit of time because English football is a football different from what I played until last season.

"So I am sure I can do well here but I have to work and in a bit of time I am sure I will play even better.

"English football is a lot quicker and certainly more aggressive, also less technical but certainly more aggressive and certainly you have to have a different mentality to what there is in Italy."

lol

It's cute how hard he tries. Thanks for posting.

It's kind of amazing what is considered a dig these days. Mourinho is completely right with that. Yes, it's still early in the season and Bayern still needs to get used to Pep and Pep to Bayern. But Bayern's attacking play has yet to be as great as it was last season and the defense hasn't looked anywhere near as impressive as it was last season. Doubts over whether Bayern is still as good as last season are appropriate, Pep's changes, especially on the Martinez-Schweini partnership, could go either way.

Salvadora

It's kind of amazing what is considered a dig these days. Mourinho is completely right with that. Yes, it's still early in the season and Bayern still needs to get used to Pep and Pep to Bayern. But Bayern's attacking play has yet to be as great as it was last season and the defense hasn't looked anywhere near as impressive as it was last season. Doubts over whether Bayern is still as good as last season are appropriate, Pep's changes, especially on the Martinez-Schweini partnership, could go either way.
I don't think he's wrong, but Bayern are pretty largely the same team as last season. A few new additions, yes, but no big turnabouts on that front.

The biggest change they've made is bringing in Guardiola. That comment could be construed as a slight on him, especially considering the history between the two.

3Sixty

jiiiii6s38.png

This Osvaldo is a right cunt. Should have been sent off, wins the freekick for their goal and then cheats again doing this half a second before they score.

Lee cunting Mason.

Haha wondered how long it would be before you posted that.

Lee Mason had the worst game i've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom