• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the general consensus on The Sopranos for you lot here who have seen it?

Interested in looking in to it. I'm aware it's regarded by many as the best TV show ever made but some more specific opinions would be nice.

You're in for an amazing treat, I wish I could erase Sopranos from my memory and enjoy it all over again. So much memories.

Clegg

Marca say Arsenal have enquired into Ozil's availability.

Don't know how they'd be able to fit both Cazorla and Ozil into the same team but more power to them if they do.

Meier

Interested in looking in to it. I'm aware it's regarded by many as the best TV show ever made but some more specific opinions would be nice.

It's fantastic and truly is a must see. I bought the DVDs (like $120 a season back then) and then even helped pay for the cost of HBO when it was on. Can't be recommended enough.

Arnie

Best show that ever was.

Better than Breaking Bad, for example.

Don't know how they'd be able to fit both Cazorla and Ozil into the same team but more power to them if they do.
Someone hit the panic button.

omgkitty

Besides the fact that this won't happen, it would look something like this:

Cazorla - Giroud - Walcott

Ozil

Ramsey - Arteta

Well Ozil would be in the middle but it keeps moving it :\

panty

Carsten Vagn will pay that, with the money he was supposed to buy players with of course.

Well I have always dreamt of watching Honka in person. After being blown away by MYPA I feel like it's on my bucket list.

Just hit me up when you're coming. I'll be expecting you next week.

kharma45

Brilliant show. Not the best thing I've ever seen, but up there. Can be very slow and ponderous at times but it's well worth it. If you're totally unspoiled for it you're gonna love it.

omgkitty

Just found this on twitter lol

Mario kart
BFB5A3LCUAEPucI.jpg

Plasma

Banned
Besides the fact that this won't happen, it would look something like this:

Well Ozil would be in the middle but it keeps moving it :\

We're also after Di Maria apparently, if we got both I'd imagine it would be Di Maria on the left, Ozil in the middle and Cazorla on the right. Of course I don't think there is any chance of that happening.

If we got Ozil I'd be happy but I think we're already covered in that area, the priority should be a striker and defensive midfielder.

Salvadora

Can't believe I hadn't heard this before now:
Crerard, a member of United's 1968 European Cup-winning side and now a pundit on their in-house television station, was greeted with a bear-hug when he arrived at Mourinho's press conference. Mourinho told him he was an MUTV subscriber and watched Crerand's phone-in every Monday night. He also asked if he could go on for an exclusive interview (a promise he subsequently kept). Crerand, by his own admission, was bemused. "We had never met before," the 74-year-old says. "I was surprised he knew all about me."
Mourinho out.

omgkitty

We're also after Di Maria apparently, if we got both I'd imagine it would be Di Maria on the left, Ozil in the middle and Cazorla on the right. Of course I don't think there is any chance of that happening.

If we got Ozil I'd be happy but I think we're already covered in that area, the priority should be a striker and defensive midfielder.

I've always really liked Ozil, so I'd love him at Arsenal even if it doesn't completely make sense. Plus we play enough games where he would get plenty of time, and I'm sure one or two midfielders will get hurt at some point. Would definitely take him over Cabaye as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Breaking Bad question:

Regarding the fake confession: Why would Walt pay for Hank if Hank was rich as fuck from selling meth?

@tancredipalmeri: Informed that Eto'o entourage is extremely confident to close the deal with Chelsea

The Tanc has spoken. Eto'o not coming to Chelsea.

@tancredipalmeri: Informed that Eto'o entourage is extremely confident to close the deal with Chelsea

The Tanc has spoken. Eto'o not coming to Chelsea.

Heh, its funny. I reckon this is based almost exclusively off the fact that Mourinho is at Chelsea. I don't doubt that we're actually in for him (back-up incase Rooney doesn't come) but I think he probably has no specific idea.

Wilbur

Banned
Breaking Bad question:

Regarding the fake confession: Why would Walt pay for Hank if Hank was rich as fuck from selling meth?

Yeah that didn't gel exactly right with me as well. I'd still go to the police if I was Hank, hand that in and say "well now we got him admitting it on DVD", and surely they'd believe Hank over Walt. But I dunno, I'm willing to let it slide, its not a gamebreaking flaw.

Do you really need new players with performances like this?

rFuVE3w.jpg

I saw that and I'm... I'm not sure how anyone could write that.Is it from EB? At least the news of half of them getting fired would in that case mean the writer has some excuse for being busy doing other stuff, I just hope we will keep seeing quality articles on there about Linse Kesslers tits and Adi getting executed for his immoral illegal actions.

Carbonox

Breaking Bad question:

My understanding is...

People would have been curious as to where Hank got the money from, whereas Walt had the excuse of gambling lined up all along. It was easier for him to pay, full stop.

A second reason that could be used could be that Hank and Walt agreed for Walt to be the paying party to divert attention

It's a non-issue IMO but one that could be easily explained. Not that it will ever need to as the intention for the whole thing in the episode remains one core aspect...

xintin

Heh, its funny. I reckon this is based almost exclusively off the fact that Mourinho is at Chelsea. I don't doubt that we're actually in for him (back-up incase Rooney doesn't come) but I think he probably has no specific idea.
I think Eto'o wil come in and Ba either loaned or sold. Still would like Lukaku to be given the chance to be first choice, though.

Edit - guess Eto'o would have a little bit of familiarity with William too. Not sure how any games they had together at Anzhi.

Zabojnik

BB SPOILER
Could be interpreted as a sort of abuse by Hank, he's so cheap he won't even pay for his own medication.

That's how I understood it too.
As for Hank going to the police anyway ... This was explained. The second he does this, especially if he does it without bringing hard evidence, his career is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom