• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Cool. Always wanted to see Chvrches. Never had the chance.

I have listened to some song of the new Franz Ferdinand album, and I am afraid I am disappointed. Weaker than Tonight. I would hope they would take Tonight's style and expand on it, instead they went back to their nonsensical second album which had more punk flavour and that wasn't that good compared to their first or Tonight.

Hope it gets better once I get the actual CD.

Hmm, I think tonight was okay but definitely liked their second better. Though Tonight has like four or five outstanding songs like Lucid Dreams. But I'm more a fan of the fast paced poppy Franz Ferdinand like on their debut album. The fourth seems more back to basis so that's a positive for me. Their Rock en Seine show was another great one btw, completely forgot to mention.

Chvrches were good, the works from their upcoming debut album sounded cool. Very heavy synths and it's impossible to not fall in love with Lauren. I think I'm going to a gig of them later this year in Amsterdam too.

Plasma

Banned

Suen

qindarka

Banned
The very point of stacking attacking midfielders is so that Mata won't have to play every game. If he isn't fit to play a full match, then he shouldn't start.

Splatt

gzia4jB.png

:looool it's a golden account.

lololo

I should join twitter just for this guy

faridmon

Hmm, I think tonight was okay but definitely liked their second better. Though Tonight has like four or five outstanding songs like Lucid Dreams. But I'm more a fan of the fast paced poppy Franz Ferdinand like on their debut album. The fourth seems more back to basis so that's a positive for me. Their Rock en Seine show was another great one btw, completely forgot to mention.

Chvrches were good, the works from their upcoming debut album sounded cool. Very heavy synths and it's impossible to not fall in love with Lauren. I think I'm going to a gig of them later this year in Amsterdam too.

Chvrches Gig in London was sold out months ahead so I am hoping to see them next time they tour.

I personally though Tonight was their best (especially if you include Blood) since it was retro and very pop-cultural, very referential to 70s and 80s European avant-guard synth pop (especially the early French cold wave revolution, German Dischwave and Italian Disco-punk), had a very dancable tune with a more mature lyrics. Their reliance on base was very meticulous and hence fun (as you pointed out, Lucid Dream's final third was just fantastic) and over all catchy yet sensible album. Their second one was al-right, but it was dumb fun rather an intelligent commentary. Disappointed to see them back to that style of music. Hopefully I get used to it.

dc89

"I go for mobility - instead of one target man I play with four attacking players."

... he doesn't rata Mata at all.

Linius

Chvrches Gig in London was sold out months ahead so I am hoping to see them next time they tour.

I personally though Tonight was their best (especially if you include Blood) since it was retro and very pop-cultural, very referential to 70s and 80s European avant-guard synth pop (especially the early French cold wave revolution, German Dischwave and Italian Disco-punk), had a very dancable tune with a more mature lyrics. Their reliance on base was very meticulous and hence fun (as you pointed out, Lucid Dream's final third was just fantastic) and over all catchy yet sensible album. Their second one was al-right, but it was dumb fun rather an intelligent commentary. Disappointed to see them back to that style of music. Hopefully I get used to it.

Yeah, I see we're not into the same aspects of Franz Ferdinand. Or at least you appreaciate the poppy side less than I do. That's pretty cool to see with a band that only has four albums out :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@BreakingBad posts: Thanks guys.

-

Fiorentina: Neto; Rodriguez, Savic, Compper; Pizarro, Cuadrado, Pasqual, Aquilani, B.Valero; Gomez, Rossi

OH SHIT

Wilbur

Banned
"I go for mobility - instead of one target man I play with four attacking players."

He wasn't even talking about Mata you lemon :lol. It's Torres that got indicted if anything.

hnnngghhhh fiorentina line up is sexy

xintin

uhhh that's definitely about Torres :lol

Interested to see how this lineup works. Lukaku after an hr or so probably.

subtles

Have any of you played Attack of the Friday Monsters on the Eshop? Gameplay aside, this game is full of charm and is a love letter to Tokusatsu cinema. The music is beautiful, while the narrative and characters are engaging. A great addition to the Guild series.

For those unfamiliar with the Guild series, it's a compilation of games by Level 5 where each title is developed by a well respected developer in the Japanese gaming industry. The smaller scale of these games allow developers to be as creative as they can and make titles that would otherwise not be possible.

While Guild 01 was brilliant, this game saved Guild 02 for me. I sincerely hope Level 5 continue producing the series as many of these gems would never have been experienced otherwise.

Meier

I saw the best cosplay at Rock en Seine this weekend :D

Pardon the quality, it was from a distance with my phone. They had blue candy with them too, in a plastic bag as it should be :p

Haha that's awesome. BRMC posted the pic of the crowd during their set -- big fest! I'm jealous of Europeans who can so easily go to other countries for shit. Must be amazing!

xintin

Kyle Martino is the only bad part of NBC's coverage. Guess they gotta have one familiar accent in the studio for new viewers, but they could have got someone better :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom