• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Chelsea's game last week was just about unwatchable for much of it. Then isn't any better. How is a team full of so many brilliant attackers so unappealing to watch? How does Mou do it?

Zabojnik

I think Conte will go with his best XI again since there was no midweek game.

And rightly so since we fucking battered them with Juvez-Vucinic.

4-3-3 with Vucinic - Llion - Tevez. I don't care if it doesn't make sense. Just do it. DOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

D_prOdigy

_69492151_hi019074791.jpg

"Remember, don't tell your mum."

Wilbur

Banned
van persie's too good for any of these teams. it's painful seeing such a beautiful technician be wasted in a team that can't even string a few passes together.

The implication that he would be better off at Arsenal is stunningly funny

subtles

Chelsea need fluidity and a better d.midfield. It's criminal watching such brilliant players playing like this. Oscar with the space in the hole is the only player who resembles any creative presence.

Wilbur

Banned
But yeah Rooney's looking good. Apart from the final ball which is heavy as fuck, but he's looking involved and energetic. RVP when he gets the ball is lovely, Welbeck doing good defensive work, our defence looking very well organised. Lacking a cutting edge though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Schurrle comes off soon, not really offering anything and can't make the run off the shoulder of the defenders, Chelsea just playing long balls. Not working.

Think Cleverley has been good, actually, most the players have done well apart from Jones' dodgy crossing. Same team second half.

I wouldn't say they've been good. Nothing coming from the wings. Welbeck and Evra haven't done shit. Jones sucks going forward. Valencia is the only one doing good and he hasn't really done much of anything either.

Meier

I would ignore this but... Coming from a City supporter? pls

We played like crap yesterday, no doubt, but that was in part because Cardiff had their entire team defending. By comparison, this match is wide open and Man U are attacking freely so Chelsea should be getting some opportunities to make them pay. They have a bunch of amazing players but they've been completely painful to watch versus both Villa after the initial goal and the entire half versus Man U. It's weird.

BSnjk9KCAAALnDT.jpg

Rossi scores, a German misses. It's like 82 all over again!

Good for him even if he is a turncoat.

Feorax

Few twitter folk saying Moses move is imminent, and medical is tomorrow.

Makes sense if we want him in ahead of the match on Sunday.

Salvadora

that's not what i was implying. however, a team like arsenal would certainly be a lot better suited to his him as a footballer.
I get what you mean, bud.

For large parts of games he is completely isolated. I've lost track of the number of times I've thought in previous United games, "has Van Persie touched the ball yet?"

Still scores the brilliant goals, though. No doubt about that.

bud

but for his medal collection?

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'll give you a medal collection in your bum

I get what you mean, bud.

For large parts of games he is completely isolated. I've lost track of the number of times I've thought in previous United games, "has Van Persie touched the ball yet?"

Still scores the brilliant goals, though. No doubt about that.

indeed. it's such a waste of talent.

rodvik

Watching Jamie Carragher co pundit alongside Gary Neville is like seeing an Ewok alongside Han Solo for the first time. This shit just doesnt belong.

LegoArmo

I wouldn't say they've been good. Nothing coming from the wings. Welbeck and Evra haven't done shit. Jones sucks going forward. Valencia is the only one doing good and he hasn't really done much of anything either.

The way the team is set up is really solid defensively. Welbeck has had nice touches and Evra has been getting forward well. Just a shame Chelsea have Ivanovic down that side, who's been good, and strong.

Keep going and there'll be more chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom