• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

BR9qRiqCIAAwrn_.jpg:large

ShogunX

I blame Hull, not Chelsea, for this being the most boring match of the weekend. Absolute cack.

Strange really. Our game yesterday was superb despite there being only one goal.

Hull are going straight back down. Graham wont score enough goals to keep them up, their defence will leak goals and Steve Bruce has a massive fucking head. Same deal with palace, how can a newly promoted club with a decent bit of money still have a 40 year old Kevin Phillips as it's main attacking threat?

Age of the cunt as well. Chelsea fans really do love their felt tip/paper banners.

bjaelke

Strange really. Our game yesterday was superb despite there being only one goal.

Hull are going straight back down. Graham wont score enough goals to keep them up, their defence will leak goals and Steve Brice has a massive fucking head. Same deal with palace, how can a newly promoted club with a decent bit of money still have a 40 year old Kevin Phillips as it's main attacking threat?

They're saving money for their comeback. That's my theory.

They know they'll get a tough time and will have to invest a lot of money in an attempt to survive. There's no guarantee, so they might even get relegated after spending 10s of millions on new players and higher wages.

Instead they've decided to make a significant profit, go back to the championship next season and start building a side that can stay up next time.

You know, Reading-style.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
No Neygod, Iniesta, or Alba.

fucking fifa not letting us see Neygod and GOAT with their shit friendlies.

Meier

Surprised the ref didn't give the penalty when Ivanovic was pushed over. Great run and pass by Hazard to set that up.

Meier

Hull have played some very attractive football -- great passing. No one to make the final attack though. Cardiff could stay up because they've bought well. Hull and Palace haven't signed a top flight striker and that will cost them.

Empty

fair play to hull, they've looked fairly good in the second half. the demolition i was expecting hasn't happened.

schrulle needs to get on welbeck's level

ShogunX

They're saving money for their comeback. That's my theory.

They know they'll get a tough time and will have to invest a lot of money in an attempt to survive. There's no guarantee, so they might even get relegated after spending 10s of millions on new players and higher wages.

Instead they've decided to make a significant profit, go back to the championship next season and start building a side that can stay up next time.

You know, Reading-style.

It makes sense from a financial point of view but it's going to be a horrid season for both clubs fans. I know there is still some time left to bring in a decent striker but both teams still look like they are in Championship mode. I guess it's a little harsh to judge after away games to both Spurs and Chelsea but we've seen clubs do similar thing before and have paid the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom