• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohn

Time for barca and madrid. what a great football weekend ive had. Would have been better if moyes had provided the lulz but that should be next week.

Empty

in the time it took me to see on twitter that the barca game had just started and finding a stream it was already 1-0

not even going to bother watching. joke league.

Suen

Crowd is dead. So quiet and it's the first game of the season.
Think this is just how things work in La Liga. Crowd rarely sings or make noise (except when they score a goal). Sure you'll hear them more against bigger teams but even then it's not that much. Madrid, Atletico and Valencia (and some other teams) are slightly better, they have someone yelling from time to time on a speaker whose words they repeat and then they sing along with it but in comparison to EPL or even Serie A it's not that good. EPL def. does have the best atmosphere throughout the whole game. I wouldn't say the biggest factor here is Levante being a smaller team but that it's just the nature of La Liga. Just listen to the crowd in the Barca - Bayern semi-final game earlier this year, it was non-existant and that was against one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Shagwell

Think this is just how things work in La Liga. Crowd rarely sings or make noise (except when they score a goal). Sure you'll hear them more against bigger teams but even then it's not that much. Madrid, Atletico and Valencia (and some other teams) are slightly better, they have someone yelling from time to time on a speaker whose words they repeat and then they sing along with it but in comparison to EPL or even Serie A it's not that good. EPL def. does have the best atmosphere throughout the whole game. I wouldn't say the biggest factor here is Levante being a smaller team but that it's just the nature of La Liga. Just listen to the crowd in the Barca - Bayern semi-final game earlier this year, it was non-existant and that was against one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I do enjoy the atmosphere in the Premier League but across an entire league I think the best atmosphere to be found in the major leagues in Europe is definitely in Germany. Great stadiums, great crowds, entertaining football, and an all around fun atmosphere.

Suen

No point in Levante even turning up if this is the kind of resistance they are going to show.
The smaller teams always look like they've given up before they start against RMA and Barca :lol. The worst part is that they only smile and look happy about the whole game as if it's some sort of friendly. Can't blame them considering how corrupt the league has become.

noal

Banned
I do enjoy the atmosphere in the Premier League but across an entire league I think the best atmosphere to be found in the major leagues in Europe is definitely in Germany. Great stadiums, great crowds, entertaining football, and an all around fun atmosphere.

What's that massive stand they have behind the goal at Dortmund? The atmosphere there must be incredible. I think Liverpool should do that for a redesigned Kop stand.

felialois20

Neo Member

it still can't compare to other minor leagues in the world, like argentina or turkey where the atmosphere even in 2da is just insane

Suen

Germany definitely has a great atmosphere, would rate it closely to EPL. Ligue 1 isn't that bad either from the little I've seen though not at Bundesliga/EPL level.

Doesn't hold a candle to latin american barras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUvOSvc-2c

That Colombian magic.

i8QAYSg6krNWS.gif

ibwKYac5S8ESxY.gif

ibyGkon9JuG3gX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom