• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

arsene is interested in... alderweireld.
TAdsizn.gif

GorillaJu

If it's made FSG risk averse to the point of missing out on players who would improve the team, then no not really. I think they have to accept that not every transfer can work out, and every club has been burnt by a big money signing. Obviously they had two or three at the same time which has understandably soured their outlook on throwing money around. I think if this summers signings work out and we get closer to the top four, the shackles will come off a bit.

Edit: We never stood a chance with Micky anyway, and the transfer fee was never the issue imo. Willian maybe could have been convinced, until Chelsea came in for him.

I don't blame FSG in this scenario.

Mkhitaryan was already sealed up by Dortmund. I suppose we could have known this, but it wasn't being reported anywhere, and all of the sudden when he's close to signing for Dortmund, it's known that he's been working on a training routine they've had him on for months.

Costa, just bad luck I suppose, going in for a player who likes his club and doesn't want to leave.

Willian, we probably could have had, but Spurs coming in with more money fucked us there. I'm glad Chelsea swooped in though - Chelsea reinforcing their squad is less bothersome than Tottenham.

There are still talents out there. The two Ukrainians, Ljajic, to name a few. It's probably optimistic to assume, but I think Moses would be a good compromise for the time being. Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, nearly all of our best acquisitions have happened in the winter.

I'm pretty happy about how we've been performing, and I think Moses is the type of player we need. He's only 22 and he was, at times, exceptional - his positioning and his technique while playing for Chelsea was not out of place at all in their team. With a loan, there's no commitment.

Haha amazing. Such a likeable person.

He looks like a man who knows there's a camera on him.

Blablurn

I feel you Bla. Cheer up, mate.

import-beer-girl-costume.jpg

trying, trying! its all up to me. thank god i passed every exam this semester. means: to finish my bachelor i just need to pass my bachelor exam (end of september) and write my bachelor paper. thats it. i can't believe I made it so far to be honest. I hope that I can move to China by the end of the year.

What a nice girl she is ;) You're a lucky guy , dont throw it away!
Ps: BAAAAYERN!

thanks jack : D I won't!! Was good meeting u! Great evening! And watching football @ leopoldstraße was a great advice : D We were at Cafe Munich which was really nice.

Jack cw

Verdict on Schürrle ?

Better than Podolski but in the end none of them are as good as Reus...
We're not gonna win jack shit with Löw, are we?

Definately not. The team is ready but Löws everyday changing tactics will ruin it. We might have won Euro12 if he had sticked to his counter attacking instead of playing on posession...
There is a small chance if Guardiolas systems works with Bayern and got adopted by Löw...

snoopen

Guys.. there was a brilliant site 1-2 years ago that did monthly (and quarterly) magazines on football.. really indepth analysis and I bought a few 'issues' off them.. anyone remember what they were called?

i've completely forgotten and would like some football reading for travel next week..

Salazar

Guys.. there was a brilliant site 1-2 years ago that did monthly (and quarterly) magazines on football.. really indepth analysis and I bought a few 'issues' off them.. anyone remember what they were called?

i've completely forgotten and would like some football reading for travel next week..

The Blizzard ?

dc89

Dan Roan - BBC.

Staff at megastore at Bernabeu under orders by management not to print 'Bale' personalised shirts. Don't want to antagonise Spurs any more

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they didn't get him after all this.

Clegg

The Guardian are making a big deal about Bale not reporting for training at Spurs.

Btw how pathetic is building a stage to show off a player? "Ooh look at our shiny new toy. Please validate our existence."

Tc91

The Guardian are making a big deal about Bale not reporting for training at Spurs.

Btw how pathetic is building a stage to show off a player? "Ooh look at our shiny new toy. Please validate our existence."

It's pathetic cause he's not even a Madrid player.

Madrid are nobheads.

Suen

Madrid-GAF, do we have fucking Bale yet or are Levy and Perez still busy playing their shitty game between each other?

That Kondogbia looks to be going Monaco. Another target of Arsenal gone :/

Side note Monaco will be awesome to play as on FIFA 14
First Gustavo and now Kondogbia? I'm not saying Monaco grabbing him is a big loss for us now but it could show up to be a big loss to us a few years from now. Fucking Wenger.

Suen

We like to give our players a proper welcome ceremony. Meanwhile your best players leave your joke of a cunt club. Shrek is next.

Clegg

We like to give our players a proper welcome ceremony. Meanwhile your best players leave your joke of a cunt club. Shrek is next.
1) Rooney isn't leaving

2)Madrid have a bad case of small penis syndrome

3)Have you got us confused with Arsenal?

Your hatred against Bayern even surpasses the appreciation the Bundesliga could get... truly a Dortmund supporter. Congrats...

Nothing to do with Bayern, it's more about Ribery. While being a great player, the guy is a proper cunt, hot headed and can lose it every minute on the pitch. Just look at the CL final, that fucker could/should have been sent off and may had very well cost you the title. That's not what thousands of kids should look up to as Ballon d'Or winner.

Messi at least manages to keep it secret that he's a cunt lol

Suen

You are a joke if you think Rooney is our best player. He is not even in top 3.
I never said he's one of your currently best player. He's definitely shown to be a world-class player and nothing says he can't find that form again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom