• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Arsenal fans can't handle us having a better squad than them.

It's embarrassing watching them spaff their knickers over qualifying to play six extra games that their buckling group of no-hopers can't even handle.

Even if Jack's cocaine habit didn't keep him out for two thirds of the season, they still wouldn't win the thing because their very club is a black-hole for success.

YNWA

never ever

We'll still lose on Sunday ;(
Nah you've got that easy.

Our squad's too tired and we'll be forced to play Wisdom at centre back.

I reckon you'll win by at least two goals.

ShogunX

The arrogance after that embarrassment..

Fuck all to do with arrogance and everything to do with Arsenal not being good enough to win the Champions League. Say what you want about Liverpool and most of it will be justified but don't forget that just like us Arsenal have been making up the numbers for years.

Meier

Not really. City were playing their full strenght team. We had some benches mixed in with our first team include 3 inexperienced youngsters.

Well, we lacked our starting center backs, but there's still no excuse for not winning that game or at the very least drawing. We lost to Soton 3-1 last year too and almost lost that first game against them. Meh, have to win against promoted teams.

The arrogance after that embarrassment..

Lets talk embarrassment:

1355257750059.gif

1485871_3_7f5b_koscielny-a-terre-les-joueurs-de-birminghan.jpg

Arsenal 4 Newcastle 4

Want more?

Arnie

Liv vs Ars GAF wars about to commence.

My favourite.

Where is Barzul?

It's not even a war, it's us just poking them in their septic eyes.

Club completely and emphatically incapable of winning a trophy. Poor squad, doomed squad, creaking squad. Best player is a cross between Aquilani and a pug, with ankle bones like eggs.

Salvadora

Fuck all to do with arrogance and everything to do with Arsenal not being good enough to win the Champions League. Say what you want about Liverpool and most of it will be justified but don't forget that just like us Arsenal have been making up the numbers for years.
Fuck me lol, Liverpool fans are something else.

You came out of nowhere to slag us off after watching 120 minutes of that dross.

Walshy

Well, good win but it couldn't of happened in a worse way for us.

Few talking points:

• Agger looked exhausted by the end, probably not the best idea to not have Enrique on the bench.
  • Cissokho looked distraught at being brought off, felt sorry for him.
  • Gerrard has adapted brilliantly to playing a deeper role, is better each game at it.
  • Sturridge is class, but the lack of striking options is worrying, Borini won't make it.
  • Lack of center back options is now frightening. We only have Agger and Wisdom as options against United.
  • Notts County's fans were brilliant, as was their football club. We was shit, but they didn't give in.

Cissokho doesn't look too bad, just picked up a nick on his ankle. Allen/Kolo could be a bit longer with possible Hamstring and Groin injuries respectively.

Need a CB ASAP.

I love you all. Just know that.

EDIT: Except LTWheels.

EDIT 2.0: Ah fuck I can't hate a Hendo avatar.

Lightning

Banned
God you're grumpy, did you just wake up?

Arsenal played, btw.

You should check the highlights out.
We played alright, I watched the game. Bit shaky in defence though...

And you think I'm grumpy now? This time next week if our reinforcements don't arrive I will be fuming.

Arnie

You'd be the man to talk about history, no doubt.

:lol

Like you're a roaring lion in the present.

Just a perpetual state of nout. One season to the next. Wank player out, wank player in. Or in this case no players in.

We played alright, I watched the game. Bit shaky in defence though...

And you think I'm grumpy now? This time next week if our reinforcements don't arrive I will be fuming.
I don't think clubs will sell. They know you're loaded and they know you're desperate.

Linius

I started The Last of Us today. Fantastic intro and such an awesome atmosphere and feel they created.

How many hours does it take on average to reach the credits?

Feorax

Team for Sunday:

Mignolet, Johnson, New CB, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson; Coutinho, Aspas, Sturridge

Bench: Jones, Borini, Ibe, Alberto, Sterling, Wisdom, Lloyd Jones.

Not great...

LTWheels

Cissokho doesn't look too bad, just picked up a nick on his ankle. Allen/Kolo could be a bit longer with possible Hamstring and Groin injuries respectively.

Need a CB ASAP.

I love you all. Just know that.

EDIT: Except LTWheels.

EDIT 2.0: Ah fuck I can't hate a Hendo avatar.

thankyou.gif

Meier

I started The Last of Us today. Fantastic intro and such an awesome atmosphere and feel they created.

How many hours does it take on average to reach the credits?

I am apparently on the 10th of 12 or 13 chapters and I'm at like 13 or so hours but I explore a lot.. always looking for more ammo and shit. Much longer game than I expected, frankly. It's really quite incredible though.. might be my game of the generation. Top 3 or 4 if not.

sohois

The best way to describe the Liverpool players in that game would be arrogant. Once they got the goals everyone was strolling around, trying to beat 5 men at once; you can kind of expect that from youngsters like Stirling and Ibe, but for Johnson and Sturridge to be doing it as well was pretty poor. The result did seem pretty much inevitable, even in the second half Liverpool seemed to have far more possession and chances, but they could so easily have avoided the extra time.

Did Fulham win their penalty shootout anyone know?

3Sixty

Lol

Yeovil scored an Overmars-Kanu cunt goal at the end of normal time, then went 3-2 up in Extra time. Their manager felt bad so let Birmingham equalise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom