• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God a few journos are reporting that Rooney will get a new contract.

Stoke-City-v-Everton--Premier-League-1491243.jpg

This is going to happen again and again every other summer now isnt it?

Meier

Goal.com saying Demichelis to City is done. €4.1 million up front, plus €580k in add-ons. I swear that is probably more than his damn contract was valued at.

Would have preferred Rami but getting an older guy who will not interfere with Nastasic's development is a great scenario. Rumors we may go after Willy Caballero from Malaga (GK) too.

Salvadora

Goal.com saying Demichelis to City is done. €4.1 million up front, plus €580k in add-ons. I swear that is probably more than his damn contract was valued at.

Would have preferred Rami but getting an older guy who will not interfere with Nastasic's development is a great scenario. Rumors we may go after Willy Caballero from Malaga (GK) too.
Would you entertain offers for Joe Hart if you signed Caballero?

Suarez hat trick vs Arsenal

Please

please
Would be good but I'd also take Suarez doing something really scummy like punching Jack Wilshere (tbf that's not scummy at all) and then diving to win a penalty.

That would be fantastic.

"We need a bit of dirtiness in our team!!"

Timurid

Just buy the whole league.

GQman2121

Banned
@XperiaBros, how do you change the ringtone and alerts to mp3s you've imported onto the phone? In Settings, it only has a list of defaults

You have to create a folder titled "ringtones" and dump the mp3's into it. They'll then show up under settings, select ringtone. At least that's how it works for me.

Messi

you shouldn't, pretty sure 90% of my posts are classless, just like Messi's tax evasion.

You see you wont get a reaction out of me, because unlike the other barca posters here. I don't care what other people say about Barca, I know why I like them and thats enough for me. Wasnt even a good try either.

You see you wont get a reaction out of me, because unlike the other barca posters here. I don't care what other people say about Barca, I know why I like them and thats enough for me. Wasnt even a good try either.

you're the bizarro Blablurn, immune to trolling.

K1LLER7

--------- De Goat -----------

Fabio - Rio - Vidic - Evra

----- Carrick - Fellani ------

Nani/Ozil - Rooney - Kagawa

------------- RVP --------------

Liverpool gonna get destroyed by Moysey's United.

Salvadora

It's true.
I've responded to this in the past.

Arsenal have regularly finished at the top of our group (or close) and went on to play against European giants, many of whom have went on to win the competition. We have played with dignity and given a good account of ourselves. We were the last team to inflict a home defeat on Bayern Munich, for example. I struggle to comprehend how that can be seen as 'making up the numbers'.

And as I said then, it tends to be a vindictive criticism from those not in Europe. To my shock it has proven to be right.

Arsenal have regularly finished at the top of our group (or close) and went on to play against European giants, many of whom have went on to win the competition. We have played with dignity and given a good account of ourselves. We were the last team to inflict a home defeat on Bayern Munich, for example. I struggle to comprehend how that can be seen as 'making up the numbers'.

And as I said then, it tends to be a vindictive criticism from those not in Europe. To my shock it has proven to be right.

Arsenal are making up the numbers in Europe though.

Not being in serious contention to win = making up the numbers.

Like City and United have been making up the numbers in the last couple of years. Just Arsenal have been doing that for like...longer. Ditto for the League.

Fergie

Banned
--------- De Goat -----------

Fabio - Rio - Vidic - Evra

----- Carrick - Fellani ------

Nani/Ozil - Rooney - Kagawa

------------- RVP --------------

Liverpool gonna get destroyed by Moysey's United.

Glad Carrick is getting capable midfield partner*. Clev is a good squad player though.

*pending Fellaini's bid

Razor554

I love this gif so much

J782qcsgh.gif

I miss you Puyol.

Yeah... too bad his body can't handle the game anymore. He was a goddamn beast till he hit early 30s, rarely to get injured, now he can't stay fit one month before injured again. Nevertheless, he is still our Tarzán Puyol, el grande capitán.

i'm with Salvadora on this one. when your last highlight in Europe was to get bent by an italian midget while being the defending CL champs, it doesn't really give you much to boast about.

vj4c7711.jpg

at least Arse is there at the highest level. getting bodied, but they're there.

I'm not sure if I should be flattered that the Liverpool hive mind has decided we're the new team to hate or be depressed as it means they think we're at the same level now.

Dibbz

I'm not sure if I should be flattered that the Liverpool hive mind has decided we're the new team to hate or be depressed as it means they think we're at the same level now.

lol if you haven't already you should follow @RAWK_Meltdown Provide the lulz and gems like:

(Cardiff 3 Man City 2) Nice seeing title rivals drop points

(Spurs) This is pissing me off. They don't even have CL...

(A few months ago) Luis Suarez. I fucking love the bones of you. This kid has loyalty in spades. He fucking bleeds it.

(Few months ago) I hung a big Suarez poster over the dining table just to make things abundantly clear how I felt about the (Evra) situation

This Coutinho guy... Whenever I see a photo of him smiling, I want a wank

Salvadora

Arsenal are making up the numbers in Europe though.

Not being in serious contention to win = making up the numbers.

Like City and United have been making up the numbers in the last couple of years. Just Arsenal have been doing that for like...longer. Ditto for the League.
I think you're right in saying that humiliating group stage exits for both United and City in the past few years have been making up the numbers, but there is a line to be drawn between that and how Arsenal have performed in Europe.

I don't think the league is the most apt comparison either as they are two different styled competitions.

I think you're right in saying that humiliating group stage exits for both United and City in the past few years have been making up the numbers, but there is a line to be drawn between that and how Arsenal have performed in Europe.

I don't think the league is the most apt comparison either as they are two different styled competitions.

We made up the numbers last year too.

We went out in the 2nd round. Doesn't matter if it was a close game vs Real Madrid who ended up getting well beaten themselves. We weren't close to winning it. Arsenal haven't been close to winning the CL for ages, nobody backs them to win it or get far...because they don't have the team for it.

That's making up the numbers. You can play a game with honour and dignity against Barca and Bayern but if you still end up losing time and time again, you're not competing.

The league is a different format...but again, Arsenal are making up the numbers. They're not in contention. The last time you even got close was 2008 and even that year you finished 3rd.

Liverpool fans taking the piss out of Arsenal may well be a case of throwing stones from glass houses...but they're right when they say Arsenal are making up the numbers in the top competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom