• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

What warped thought process in your frazzled synapses brought you to this drunken conclusion?

The thought process that has little to no understanding of the points people are trying to make. It has fuck all to do with the premier League and everything to do with the state of La Liga.

People always try and find an easy way out of a subject they dont understand by posting a sly dig at something not related.

G-Unit

Even if they could what difference does that make? Fact is the league is a complete shambles because the majority of the teams ''competing'' have little to no money to improve.

This isn't about '' LoL Levante could beat other teams'' but rather how much better Madrid and Barcelona have it compared to the rest of the league.

Again you are totally missing the point.

epl is the same, but you got black money in the bank

fuenf

I never buy that a big team does not care, unless it is a trophy-less friendly. Otherwise we can also say that MUFC did not care for the champions league that season either IMO

Given the lineups Sir Alex played in the group stage it would appear exactly like that. ManU was extremely arrogant, overconfident and underestimated their opposition that season. In other words, they couldnt be bothered to take the competition serious / didnt care.

Ugh so much shitty football this weekend. I need my Serie A. I'm even looking forward to the useless SuperCoppa today between two teams I actively dislike.

Zabojnik

One hour to go. Scarf is at the ready.

JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ugh so much shitty football this weekend. I need my Serie A. I'm even looking forward to the useless SuperCoppa today between two teams I actively dislike.

noncisonofrankitaliani.jpg

subtles

You all underestimate the influence of Bielsa during that period. Do you guys remember how much Barca suffered on that rainy night in Basque country? I think Pep called it the toughest game they ever played.

When a team's highest tranfer fee is less than Messi's weekly wages the league has a problem.

Fady K

Given the lineups Sir Alex played in the group stage it would appear exactly like that. ManU was extremely arrogant, overconfident and underestimated their opposition that season.

They were, true, but their arrogance and overconfidence was their own choice thinking they can do it and they were wrong. The europa league squad was very decent against bilbao.

Some players will always fight for their team's crest.

footballitalia ‏@footballitalia 2m

Before Juve-Lazio, Roma fans fly a plane over the stadium with insulting message. Lazio fans chant back "you're home watching TV."

:lol Roma fans are so stupid. Nice response from the fascist cunts though.

Zabojnik

So looking forward to the Juve / Milan / Napoli banter this season. Wish we had a few (active) Napoli fans here, would be amazing. The hate is so strong. <3

Speaking of Cesena, check out these highlights of our match against them in 2011

[Look at what Matri can do when he has a proper trequartista like Del Piero playing next to him? He's pretty good.

(Also that Giaccherini miss.... such a secret agent...)

We have to go back to 4-3-3, fade. WE HAVE TO GO BACK.

Some weird shit you're into, flipped.

Edit: You mean the bandwagon jumpers who watch the EPL and randomly support Cavani aren't real Napoli fans?

subtles

So looking forward to the Juve / Milan / Napoli banter this season. Wish we had a few (active) Napoli fans here, would be amazing. The hate is so strong. <3

We have to go back to 4-3-3, fade. WE HAVE TO GO BACK.
The Rafa brigade will defend Napoli's colors.

Seriously Yurt. So true.

I don't give a shit about this Supper Coppa except that it'll give us a chance to test us out competitively. Honestly, I'd not start any of our Italian internationals. No point. They're just tired as fuck.

Fiorentina is the new Napoli this season in terms of bandwagon jumping.

The Dortmund stuff was all Shinji, Reus, and Gotze, no? Nobody gives a shit about Lewandowski, do they?

Lol, was it really a gifted pen? I didn't actually see it, just saw Reus (pen.) on livescore and thought I'd poke you a bit. :p

Well, it wasn't really gifted. The Braunschweig player went in with a bad challenge and Hofmann went down a bit early, before he got hit by the other player. I mean, if Hofmann hadn't been down already, he would have gotten taken down. But I'd prefer him to get taken down because some refs would go for a dive and give him a yellow for pretty much a clear penalty.

Zabojnik

I don't give a shit about this Supper Coppa except that it'll give us a chance to test us out competitively. Honestly, I'd not start any of our Italian internationals. No point. They're just tired as fuck.

Conte and his fixations. Says he'll rotate Pirlo much more this season -> starts a clearly tired and out of form Pirlo. CONTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Too bad only place those teams challenge Juve is off the pitch. :(

I reckon it's going to be much, much closer this season. Milan and Napoli will be there until the very end of the season, count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom