• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

I'm getting more confident about the league by the day even though we aren't signing anyone. What's wrong with me? Must be The Engineer spluttering and The Special One playing on the counter against a team that starts Danny Welbeck on the wing.

Yeah, it probably is. Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Essien and van Ginkel is exceptionally poor considering the rest of their team.

I'm quite confident too. But after we lose on the weekend and don't sign anyone I will be resigned to 3rd.

Also, every midfielder there is probably better than everyone of ours. But we have Carrick who is much better than any of theirs. It's Carrick y'knowwwwww.

bobito

Banned
I really like Oscar to be honest and KDB looks a real talent as well, but Hazard-Mata-Willian behind Eto'o fucking scares the life out of me.

Lucky that Chelsea's centre midfield is as shit as ours :lol.

I'd prefer united's midfield over, lampard and ramires.

nemesun

He's so dreamy.
Sexiest man in the prem, Arteta close second. We have the whole league beat when it comes to good look.
mhJRE.gif

So 1 way to look at it is that after 5 years we've finally replaced Flamini, with himself....about sums up everything you need to know about those 5 years.
DvFUO.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I'm quite confident too. But after we lose on the weekend and don't sign anyone I will be resigned to 3rd.

Also, every midfielder there is probably better than everyone of ours. But we have Carrick who is much better than any of theirs. It's Carrick y'knowwwwww.

pls, no Kolo means 4-0 to us at least.

Yeah, it isn't like Clev, Anderson and Giggs are better, but Carrick > *. Surprised Chelsea haven't been in for a top CM themselves tbh. Lampard looks spent when he starts most the time. Ramires is like a bunny with electrodes attached to his cock.

qindarka

Banned
pls, no Kolo means 4-0 to us at least.

Yeah, it isn't like Clev, Anderson and Giggs are better, but Carrick > *. Surprised Chelsea haven't been in for a top CM themselves tbh. Lampard looks spent when he starts most the time. Ramires is like a bunny with electrodes attached to his cock.

Ramires has been more disciplined so far this season, positioning wise and in terms of passing. Midfield should be shored up once Mikel gets back to the XI and Van Ginkel starts to settle.

It still isn't ideal.

Salvadora

So 1 way to look at it is that after 5 years we've finally replaced Flamini, with himself....about sums up everything you need to know about those 5 years.
:loooooooooooool

No wonder he didn't replace Cesc or Judas.

Fry

I couldn't believe when I picked my phone and saw the news about Eto'o.

Chelsea have got this in a lock. Sons of bitches.

:lol

I'm getting more confident about the league by the day even though we aren't signing anyone. What's wrong with me? Must be The Engineer spluttering and The Special One playing on the counter and with Schurrle as false nine against a team that starts Danny Welbeck on the wing.

Yeah, it probably is. Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Essien and van Ginkel is exceptionally poor considering the rest of their team.
Ramires is class the fuck you on about?

Unfortunately our other CM are either too old or too raw I wish Mou would try paring Oscar with Ramires and see how that works or hell maybe even Luiz once he's fit again.

Eto'o must make his debut against Everton then? I assume he won't be added to the Super Cup squad if Willian isn't. Hope Lukaku starts tomorrow. It will be Torres.

I might not be the biggest fan of RedBull Salzburg but in this case I don't see how the UEFA decided on a fair ruling in the Fenerbahce case. Now one of the main parties hurt in this scandal gets nothing out of it unless there will be a second ruling what happens with the money/points Fenerbahce earned. I want those points for the 5 year rating - one step closer to a certain CL starting position for Austria.

qindarka

Banned

Unfortunately our other CM are either too old or too raw I wish Mou would try paring Oscar with Ramires and see how that works or hell maybe even Luiz once he's fit again.

Please no. Luiz is our best defender, he is needed back there whenever he is available. He really isn't a good CM at all, only played there last season as we had no midfield depth at all after Romeu's injury.

Ramires is a bit of a strange case. He is absolutely devastating when we play in a system that suits him but also has severe deficiencies in his game that make him fairy unsuitable to be a holding midfielder.

Jack cw

Reading Ribery's history again - the accident or working as a construction worker less than ten years ago - I really hope he'll win.
He isnt without a flaw though... His revolution with Evra against Domenech and his legendary hooker story... Dont know... after Messi evading taxes.. Ronaldo seems the obvious "moral" choice :D

nemesun

The masochist in me wants to see what would happen if we literally don't spend a penny at all this summer. All on free or loan deals.

It would be mental.
I hear Hleb is looking for a new club, and Bobby looked good when he played against that Greek amateur side. Arsene, sign 'em up.

Wilbur

Banned

I like Ramires, but he's not suited to playing so deep. He's an odd one because he's not suited to playing too high up as well. Like Qin says, his positional sense has improved but I think he'd work best in a three man midfield where he's allowed to just run wherever he wants instead of having to hold a position and help out Lampard.

ShogunX

When Liverpool played Anzhi last year - Eto'o played the role of play maker in both matches. He looked pretty shitty doing it so hopefully he carries that kind of form on for Chelsea.

Salvadora

When Liverpool played Anzhi last year - Eto'o played the role of play maker in both matches. He looked pretty shitty doing it so hopefully he carries that kind of form on for Chelsea.
Yeah, I remember thinking that he looked particularly shit against Liverpool.

Forget he played in a different position though. Maybe he still has it.

I guess Ronaldo is the "safer" choice, but Ribery has been through a lot of shit, especially in his early years, and I think he's more interesting than the other two, more charismatic and sympathetic despite the shit he's done.

He's still kinda like a kid.

Pls.

Ronaldo used to get bullied by his team-mates :(

No wonder he hates Messi so much.

Meier

"United, Juventus, Dortmund and Real Sociedad were drawn together in the rehearsal. That would have been a cunt."

Man, that'd be insane. Wasn't the rehearsal exactly in line with the real thing last year (who knows how the hell this happens without rigging)? I hope that happens again.

In reality, we'll end up with Juve, Sociedad and Barcelona or something. ~_~

Edit: I guess we couldn't get Sociedad since they're also from Spain... so more like Juve, Sociedad and Bayern. *kills self*

Man, that'd be insane. Wasn't the rehearsal exactly in line with the real thing last year (who knows how the hell this happens without rigging)? I hope that happens again.

In reality, we'll end up with Juve, Sociedad and Barcelona or something. ~_~

Hopefully it is rigged...cos then they'll want us to have an easy group, so that we can get further and then sponsorship money.

Something like that...hopefully...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom