• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

FWIW, I don't think moving the WC is a super crazy idea. I sense the reaction to this is subconsciously a little bit...xenophobic. Maybe I am wrong about that. But there are alot of countries where the weather in the summer is not compatible for elite level football, the USA for example who were also bidding for the 2022 WC.

The problem is that Qatar won, clearly, in an unfair matter. It was a fix and FIFA didn't even think their fix through. A shame.

i kinda agree, football is a global game and we should see the world cup in the arabic world even if it is hard to do. sepp blatter is very clever though. very much like senator clay davis from the wire. he'll use populist stuff that seems hard to disagree with like spreading the world cup to new parts of the world and fighting parochial attitudes to distract from his blatantly corrupt practices and shut down criticism. it makes him difficult to fight.

K1LLER7

emblem_128.png
My next avatar.

-------

Henry Winter
"Uefa president Platini wants Sir Alex Ferguson to 'play a role with us behind the scenes, helping shape the direction of the sport"

Meier

Chelsea will sign Samuel Eto’o on a stunning £7million one-year deal on Thursday after admitting defeat in their pursuit of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

Eto’o, the 32-year-old Cameroon forward, is taking a huge pay cut from the £17m a year that made him the world’s best paid footballer at Anzhi Makhachkala and will sign on a free transfer.

I knew that suggestion his wage would be £4m was an absolute farce. Wonder what kind of golden parachute Anzhi gave him? I bet it must have been something like £15-20m.

I knew that suggestion his wage would be £4m was an absolute farce. Wonder what kind of golden parachute Anzhi gave him? I bet it must have been something like £15-20m.

According to Sviat they already pre-paid a part of his salary. Maybe they're just letting him keep that.

Wilbur

Banned
Ideal draw for me would be something likeeee:

Juve/PSG
Olympiakos
Copenhagen

An exciting/tough one and two other weaker sides.

Wouldn't mind this. As long as we come first or second, don't really mind. Whoever we face in the next round will be a challenge and considering how many strong teams there are I'm not sure that finishing top of the group will necessarily be a plus point.

I like Ramires, but he's not suited to playing so deep. He's an odd one because he's not suited to playing too high up as well. Like Qin says, his positional sense has improved but I think he'd work best in a three man midfield where he's allowed to just run wherever he wants instead of having to hold a position and help out Lampard.

I see what you mean, honestly it just annoys me how underrated Ramires is by everyone at times when I personally think he's one of our very best, I think a 4-3-3 system may well suit him better though.

Did anyone here who subscribed to a certain site in the past get that email about JSC/Al Jazeera? Legit?
I did.

I don't know if their guide and whatever is legit but I know people have done what they tell you to do in the past. Basically just using a VPN right. Think you can do the same and get the NBC streams too.

People who picks to sit and watch this while complaining are the same kind of people that keeps watching Dexter. Have you learnt nothing from the past years? At least do something else at the same time.

People who picks to sit and watch this while complaining are the same kind of people that keeps watching Dexter. Have you learnt nothing from the past years? At least do something else at the same time.

Haha yeah.

I am going to go and watch Suits now, hopefully in 45 minutes the draw is done and I can just look at it and cry.

CBA to watch this shit.

Holy shit, Papa Johns are running an BOGOF offer with an extra free tub of Ben and Jerries

Code: AAPJBOGBEN

Might need to be signed up to Papa's Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom