• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to football weekly is so frustrating. They talk about Hulks big ass, then Hazards.... NO MENTION OF THE PREMIER ASS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Snubbed.

bud

Listening to football weekly is so frustrating. They talk about Hulks big ass, then Hazards.... NO MENTION OF THE PREMIER ASS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Snubbed.

are you talking about the guardian's podcast? they actually talk about butts?

will give it a listen, then.

Hixx

Screenshot, please.

paolooooydsy7.png

His sideburns are as immaculate as ever.

Lightning

Banned
i would love to but it's doubtful, i don't see us ending in the Europa League again.
We won't either. You watch Arsene get Arsenal up for those games. It will be our PL results during that period that is the worry.

The team that screws up against Marseille is the team that won't qualify.

subtles

"Depending on how you view it, it can seem that Messi is a dictator," said Cruyff. "When you have the chance to be the best player on the pitch in every game you have to be a bit of a dictator, because you are not just concerned about your team, you are concerned about yourself and your prestige.

"Therefore the pressure on Messi is huge because everyone in the stadium wants to see him perform miracles. And for him to pull off miracles, things have to work in his favor."

shit, almost forgot there's Europe League matches today. gonna watch Swansea to kill some time.

We won't either. You watch Arsene get Arsenal up for those games. It will be our PL results during that period that is the worry.

Yeah probably just you.

don't sleep on Napoli. Marseille is there to take punishment.

Salvadora

Yep I can't see Arsenal taking this lightly given how hard they worked to achieve it.

We have to do very important business in the next few days. Injuries could change everything in that group.

Yeah, they're a huge variable depending on how some of those players do. They could do wonderfully too. It's remarkable what they've been able to do.

Arsenal's league form will suffer with all these tough games. Napoli are beatable, maybe Dortmund too.... we really need to get the checkbook out.

Wenger basically has 4 days to try and save the season. As they stand I don't expect them to advance to the round of 16, and finishing top 4 in the PL is questionable especially if the league form takes a hit from the CL games.

GHG

Just seen the draw... Fuuuuccckkk.

At least there will be some exciting games I guess... Its between us and Napoli for the second spot IMO.

omgkitty

Just seen the draw... Fuuuuccckkk.

At least there will be some exciting games I guess... Its between us and Napoli for the second spot IMO.

The best thing to come out of all this is hopefully Arsene will see just how good Reus is so we can sign him next season before he goes somewhere like Bayern, Chelsea or Madrid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte will love the opportunity of leading Juventus at the Bernabeu. That one along with Old Trafford are the arenas he prizes the most.

<3

Oh and Miss Italia AND Miss Switzerland (Melanie Winiger) are both Juve fans <3 Dat Marchisio/Zabo.

It's a fucking conspiracy, they don't want us to win the trophy for the eighth time. :(

Is it because we defeated them once in the 678 times we met them in the past three years?

Is it because of Galliani? Ibra? Because we didn't sell Thiago to them? Is it my fault?

They all know that Milan (the pride of Italy) are closer to La Decima than Madrid.

Salvadora

Wenger basically has 4 days to try and save the season. As they stand I don't expect them to advance to the round of 16, and finishing top 4 in the PL is questionable especially if the league form takes a hit from the CL games.
League form is a major, major worry.

None of those games look like you could turn off the gas for a moment.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen Ribery won the award! Congrats to him.

Although I assume best player in Europe means the best in the CL last year? If so I have no problem with him winning (but Muller).

Lightning

Banned
Yep I can't see Arsenal taking this lightly given how hard they worked to achieve it.

We have to do very important business in the next few days. Injuries could change everything in that group.
I'm excited as fuck for those games. These kind of games are the reason I always want us in the CL.

Easy group of boring games, get knocked out in the last 16 when you face a challenge, is not that much fun. This makes our run in to Christmas more fun. I'm really confident that we will beat Marsielle and take points from Dortmund and Napoli as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^SubtleClouds <3

Just seen Ribery won the award! Congrats to him.

Although I assume best player in Europe means the best in the CL last year? If so I have no problem with him winning (but Muller).

Can't be Ribery then, he had 1 goal and 2 assists or something.

GHG

Leverkusen vs Napoli final pls

@above, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Stay out of this and go back to talking about the Europa Le.... Oh wait...

Lightning said:
I'm excited as fuck for those games. These kind of games are the reason I always want us in the CL.

Easy group of boring games, get knocked out in the last 16 when you face a challenge, is not that much fun. This makes our run in to Christmas more fun. I'm really confident that we will beat Marsielle and take points from Dortmund and Napoli as well.

Exactly. The big games are why you want to be in the champions league. If we somehow get through this group then no team will fancy playing us and we will be well conditioned to playing in the bigger matches. I'd rather that than play against Vienna and Copenhagen and then get the shock of our lives when we reach the last 16.

PaulLFC

Just caught a bit of SSN in the background and Pardew was saying he expects Cabaye to play this weekend. So why didn't he expect him to play the last couple of games then, and instead spent the time moaning about having Cabaye "taken away" from him?

Salvadora

And perhaps facing such tough tests this early will mean that we won't be shell shocked when we do meet top level competition. We've had relatively easy groups for the last few years.

Hopefully the fixture list benefits us. Playing Marseille later on when they can't mathematically qualify, for example.

Stay out of this and go back to talking about the Europa Le.... Oh wait...

Exactly. The big games are why you want to be in the champions league. If we somehow get through this group then no team will fancy playing us and we will be well conditioned to playing in the bigger matches. I'd rather that than play against Vienna and Copenhagen and then get the shock of our lives when we reach the last 16.

Recognising the theory of Arsenal signing Reus as being idiotic is not a thought exclusive to fans of clubs in Europe...

And we have as much chance of winning a European trophy as you bunch of knobends

FDC1

A little reminder:

43v88baw3f4ikr0bsk0-ldc.jpg

Only 1pt behind (and we screwed up badly against Olympiakos, if you're only take in count results between Arsenal, Marseille and Dortmund we were 1st). We have a better team now, not sure if the same can be said about Arsenal....

Edit: I'm wrong about the bold part, Olympiakos defeated each team once

GHG

Recognising the theory of Arsenal signing Reus as being idiotic is not a thought exclusive to fans of clubs in Europe...

And we have as much chance of winning a European trophy as you bunch of knobends

Apart from you forgot the part where you aren't actually in any European competition this season.

Maybe next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom