• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
BQBN0OICcAACrVg.png

I'd say she's pregnant, yes

:p

Nani on board? Excellent.

Just saw our CL group. Fairly happy with that.

Leverkusen has been in good form; Sociedad too - hopefully they won't pull an Athletic Bilbao on us. Shakhtar were great last season but they've lost a couple of influential players in the summer. Not too difficult, but no cakewalk for Moyes either, that's for sure.

Arnie

Suarez was asked by the French press if he was staying at Liverpool.
"No comment" was the answer. Ouch.

:lol

This is as close to a non-story as you're likely to find.

Concern yourself with Arsenal club matters, like that group of death you've got to navigate with six fit players and a senile manager.

Nani on board? Excellent.

Leverkusen has been in good form; Sociedad too - hopefully they won't pull an Athletic Bilbao on us. Shakhtar were great last season but they've lost a couple of influential players in the summer. Not too difficult, but no cakewalk for Moyes either, that's for sure.

Baaaaaaasel.

Showaddy

Looks like it.

Michael Bridge ‏@MichaelBridge_ 36s
Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton, Holtby, Sandro, Carroll, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Defoe. #THFC

Vlad can't sign quick enough, Vertonghen needs to stay out of these mid-week injury risks.

Edit: Good to see Sandro & Holtby starting after their injuries. With Eriksen coming in Spurs want to sell/loan one of Sigurdsson & Holtby so they could be battling for their place tonight.

Zabojnik

Juve have clashed with Madrid 14 times in European competitions. 7 wins for each club, no draws yet. Let's keep the balance, please.

PULGAAAAAAAA

Arnie

Speaking of :lol

Why the Nani hype? The guy's been fucking anonymous since Carragher shinned him to tears. Like, he hasn't done anything. Willian was on the market, went to a rival, and you're fawning over the Portuguese Zaha extending a contract he's failed to justify.

pulga

Banned
Juve have clashed with Madrid 14 times in European competitions. 7 wins for each club, no draws yet. Let's keep the balance, please.

PULGAAAAAAAA

Ill be wearing my bianconero jersey at Juve stadium baby.

and my Madrid scarf loloolololololol

Wilbur

Banned
Speaking of :lol

Why the Nani hype? The guy's been fucking anonymous since Carragher shinned him to tears. Like, he hasn't done anything. Willian was on the market, went to a rival, and you're fawning over the Portuguese Zaha extending a contract he's failed to justify.

Yeah, agreed. I've placed too much faith in Nani before, not getting excited about this unless the fucker actually turns up.

Didn't think so. Still, Chadli should have enough in him to trouble Jenkinson and Lennon to do the same on the other flank.

They should tell Bale they'll only let him move if he plays against Arsenal. Get all the fees and contract stuff done before the game, private jet straight after the game, medical on Sunday evening, contract signed at 11:59pm.

Everybody's happy (except for Jenkinson :p)

Scum

They should tell Bale they'll only let him move if he plays against Arsenal. Get all the fees and contract stuff done before the game, private jet straight after the game, medical on Sunday evening, contract signed at 11:59pm.

Everybody's happy (except for Jenkinson :p)

:lol

LNBL

There's a (minor) fire at the AZ - Atromitos Europa League game. Looks like the match will be canceled.

Wonder what's going on, supporters have been requested to leave the stadium. But the draw is tomorrow right? Going to be hard to reschedule the match.

From Marseille:
18/09 : OM-Arsenal 01/10 : Dortmund-OM 22/10 : OM-Naples 06/11 : Naples-OM 26/11 : Arsenal-OM 11/12 : OM-Dortmund

So, for BVB:
Napoli away
Marseille home
Arsenal
Arsenal
Napoli home
Marseille away

First match away at Napoli is tough. If we don't lose that and win at home, it looks already pretty good for us. Should be doable.

Arnie

Spurs are playing?

I'm right up for a bit of football. Got nout on the agenda tonight. Got Thomas Muller'd last night with work and today was horrendous; most unproductive day of my life. Jogged home at 6 to sweat out all the alcohol and it's almost tortellini-o'clock.

Zabojnik

17/9 - Copenaghen - Juventus
2/10 - Juventus - Galatasaray
23/10 - Real Madrid - Juventus
5/11 - Juventus - Real Madrid
27/11 - Juventus - Copenaghen
9/12 - Galatasaray - Juventus

That's a pretty fucking good CL calendar for us. Hopefully we'll be qualified before the terrible last match.

CrunchyB

Wonder what's going on, supporters have been requested to leave the stadium. But the draw is tomorrow right? Going to be hard to reschedule the match.

I guess they could do a draw with a AZ-Atromitos unresolved and finish the match next week.

It would mean that neither club could draw Dutch of Greek opponents. Seems like a okay compromise.

Scum

Spurs are playing?

I'm right up for a bit of football. Got nout on the agenda tonight. Got Thomas Muller'd last night with work and today was horrendous; most unproductive day of my life. Jogged home at 6 to sweat out all the alcohol and it's almost tortellini-o'clock.

Kickoff at 8.05pm

It's a reaction to the form of our wingers last season. A rejuvenated Nani is a definite step above Ashley Young or the dithering impostor that appears to have replaced Valencia.

And Willian? My guess is that Fergie would have been in for Lamela. Incredible steal for Spurs.

Spurs are playing?

What channel is it on?

omgkitty

Our schedule looks like this:

Sunderland - Marseille - Stoke
Swansea - Napoli - West Brom
Norwich - Dortmund - Crystal Palace
Liverpool - Dortmund - Man U (FUUUUUUCK THIS)
Southampton - Marseille - Cardiff
Everton - Napoli - Manchester City

dc89

The Way I Am just came on my iTunes shuffle.

Holy fuck this verse, so true even today. But change Marilyn to something like GTA.

With the bullshit they pull, 'cause they full of shit too
When a dude's getting bullied and shoots up his school
And they blame it on Marilyn (on Marilyn)... and the heroin
Where were the parents at? And look where it's at
Middle America, now it's a tragedy
Now it's so sad to see, an upper class city

He really is a lyrical genius.

Didn't think so. Still, Chadli should have enough in him to trouble Jenkinson and Lennon to do the same on the other flank.

Lennon might still injured I think. No one seems to know or care though because the only time I heard about it was from Danny Rose an interview.

Feorax

Sakho to LFC seems to be as close as it can be now without a medical and a signature. Apparently he was travelling today, so me might well get an announcement tomorrow if we're lucky.

Lightning

Banned
Fixture list:
BS2v7HSCQAEx0Kk.jpg:large
Away, home, home? Damn we need to win them all. We need to win all our home games and beat Marsielle in France otherwise I think we're gone.

Our schedule looks like this:

Sunderland - Marseille - Stoke
Swansea - Napoli - West Brom
Norwich - Dortmund - Crystal Palace
Liverpool - Dortmund - Man U (FUUUUUUCK THIS)
Southampton - Marseille - Cardiff
Everton - Napoli - Manchester City
Thin squad this could be a problem. Wenger pls.

pulga

Banned
17/9 - Copenaghen - Juventus
2/10 - Juventus - Galatasaray
23/10 - Real Madrid - Juventus
5/11 - Juventus - Real Madrid
27/11 - Juventus - Copenaghen
9/12 - Galatasaray - Juventus

That's a pretty fucking good CL calendar for us. Hopefully we'll be qualified before the terrible last match.

YES! Was downright scared Juve Madrid was gonna land on 17/9, as that's precisely the day I touch down in Rome. Thank you, based Platini.

Guys what do I need to secure a seat at Juve stadium this time around. Dont wanna get fucked over like last time :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Palace (H) - Leverkusen (H) - City (A)
West Brom (H) - Shakhtar (A) - Sunderland (A)
Southampton (H) - Sociedad (H) - Stoke (H)
Fulham (A) - Sociedad (A) - Arsenal (H)
Cardiff (A) - Leverkusen (A) - Tottenham (A)
Newcastle (H) - Shakhtar (H) - Villa (A)

Nice run of three home in a row (and 5 S teams in a row!) but going from Ukraine to Sunderland will be hard, and the Arsenal game following Spain. Hardest run is definitely Cardiff/Lever/Spurs, really need to see the squad rotated then.

Zabojnik

YES! Was downright scared Juve Madrid was gonna land on 17/9, as that's precisely the day I touch down in Rome. Thank you, based Platini.

Guys what do I need to secure a seat at Juve stadium this time around. Dont wanna get fucked over like last time :lol

Will check the forums and get back to you later today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom