• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Torino is doing great. Petrachi just signed Dossena today and hopefully he gets Sorrentino and Ghoulam in by the transfer deadline. Now looking forward to a draw or maybe Toro can snatch 3 hard points in Atalanta.

Dossena from Napoli? Decent signing that. Random but Immobile is one of my favourite players on ultimate team.

Wilbur

Banned
Was looking into tickets at Old Trafford for a few games, the earliest one with anywhere near to good seats is Fulham in February :/ just gonna keep trying.

Applied for Leverkusen at home tickets though.

Linius

This year I will be watching Barca poule games with a different interest. Especially the ones against us. Barca better not fuck up against Milan and just snap all those points. There's always a tiny chance Milan slips up against us and we could sneak in second place. But I don't count on it.

Sage, where do you see Celtic in this group?

1186947_739004839473068_295781186_n.jpg

My prediction:
Group A - United, Sociedad
Group B - RM, Juve
Group C - Benfica, PSG
Group D - Bayern, MC
Group E - Chelsea, Schalke
Group F - Dortmund, Napoli
Group G - AM, Porto
Group H - Barca, Milan

Timurid

Dossena from Napoli? Decent signing that. Random but Immobile is one of my favourite players on ultimate team.
Yup
Immobile has been doing good so far. He had a few good chances against Sassuolo, but failed to find the net. Hopefully he can score against Atalanta this weekend.

GHG

Sam Rhodes ‏@SamuelRhodes_ 43m
Okay #AFC fans hear it is, I can confirm that the day Bale moves to Real Madrid, Angel Di Maria will join #AFC

Wat.

Was looking into tickets at Old Trafford for a few games, the earliest one with anywhere near to good seats is Fulham in February :/ just gonna keep trying.

Applied for Leverkusen at home tickets though.
Is that with One United membership? Didn't it used to be that you couldn't even apply for tickets until month/6 weeks before the match.

Also - Sakho won't go to Liverpool. Someone's gonna steal him.

Wilbur

Banned
This year I will be watching Barca poule games with a different interest. Especially the ones against us. Barca better not fuck up against Milan and just snap all those points. There's always a tiny chance Milan slips up against us and we could sneak in second place. But I don't count on it.

Sage, where do you see Celtic in this group?

Milan and Barca draw in Milan, it is known. That's when you and Celtic absolutely have to win, when those two are playing each other.

If Celtic can get wins at home and then just defend as much as they fucking can away, they could stand a chance because that's the good thing about getting good sides at least, that they take points off each other.

Don't think Celtic look as strong as they did last year though, based off last night. Wanyama, Hooper and Wilson are big misses for them.

Wilbur

Banned
Is that with One United membership? Didn't it used to be that you couldn't even apply for tickets until month/6 weeks before the match.

Also - Sakho won't go to Liverpool. Someone's gonna steal him.

I'm not sure actually; it was apply for information rather than just apply :lol, for the CL match anyway. Tickets are on sale for a bunch of home PL games, Fulham, Everton, Newcastle, Stoke... tickets are up in the gods tho.

Sam Rhodes ‏@SamuelRhodes_ 43m
Okay #AFC fans hear it is, I can confirm that the day Bale moves to Real Madrid, Angel Di Maria will join #AFC

Wat.
I could be mean and just let you believe it....but it's a troll account.

MUPPETS

Cadena COPE are reporting that Manchester United tabled a €30m bid for Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera.

OH

SHIT

Well even if it's true we're not gonna pay the release clause which I've just read their demanding, €36m.

Wilbur

Banned
MUPPETS

Cadena COPE are reporting that Manchester United tabled a €30m bid for Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera.

Fuck I don't even care about the 30m at the moment, we haven't spent any money and we gotta start. Herrera's great, TELL ME ITS TRUE

TWITTER

TELL ME ITS TRUE

Meier

MUPPETS

Dunno who he is, but we know Bilbao won't sell a player without their buyout clause being met and that figure certainly sounds like one.

Linius

Chelsea is playing hard to get with us by saying Van Ginkel isn't leaving for 'now'. Man I really hope they can see in London that Van Ginkel is a step behind every other midfielder they already have. I don't see Van Ginkel leaving the bench or even getting to the bench with their current squad.

Wilbur

Banned
Are Cadena COPE even semi reliable? I'd rather Herrera than Fellaini.

Chelsea is playing hard to get with us by saying Van Ginkel isn't leaving for 'now'. Man I really hope they can see in London that Van Ginkel is a step behind every other midfielder they already have. I don't see Van Ginkel leaving the bench or even getting to the bench with their current squad.

He's sat on the bench for their PL games so far I think. Will see some game time this year but not that often imo.

kharma45

Herrera is a beast, but 30 mil is too much.

I could be mean and just let you believe it....but it's a troll account.

OH

SHIT

Well even if it's true we're not gonna pay the release clause which I've just read their demanding, €36m.

Fuck I don't even care about the 30m at the moment, we haven't spent any money and we gotta start. Herrera's great, TELL ME ITS TRUE

TWITTER

TELL ME ITS TRUE

Dunno who he is, but we know Bilbao won't sell a player without their buyout clause being met and that figure certainly sounds like one.

Are Cadena COPE even semi reliable? I'd rather Herrera than Fellaini.

He's sat on the bench for their PL games so far I think. Will see some game time this year but not that often imo.

Ander Herrera?!?! This seems too out of nowhere.... Must make it true.

BELIEVE

He was ace against us in the Europa League

Linius

Doesn't play in the same position though, does he? Chelsea are going to want cover for Lampard/Ramires on their bench in any case.

As far as I know Willian is a creative/attacking midfielder. That's exactly what Van Ginkel used to be at Vitesse and will be for us if we can get him.

Linius, is Van Rhijn good or another scrub like Van der Wiel?

He's pretty much a younger Van der Wiel. But the Van der Wiel from the good days so he serves his purpose for us. Don't why there are any rumours about PSG wanting him, makes no sense at all. He hasn't even played two full seasons with us.

DominoKid

were going to dick around over the Herrera bid, if it's even true. just pay the release clause and get the shit done. were desperate here. what's the point of offering less.

Meier

The Spurs game is terrible thus far. You can tell they're playing their B team.

(It's on ESPN Deportes/Watch ESPN for Americans)

ifoLgmtLd4LE0.jpg

Milan signed Matri, it's pretty much official. We'll pay either €10.5m + €1.5m in bonuses - or €11m + €1m in bonuses. Petagna has been loaned out to Sampdoria.

That's the exact opposite of what I would've done, but I guess that Petagna in that CL group would've been destroyed. Anyway, Berlusconi - Galliani - Allegri had a meeting earlier today and agreed on buying a defender.

Timurid

As far as I know Willian is a creative/attacking midfielder. That's exactly what Van Ginkel used to be at Vitesse and will be for us if we can get him.

He's pretty much a younger Van der Wiel. But the Van der Wiel from the good days so he serves his purpose for us. Don't why there are any rumours about PSG wanting him, makes no sense at all. He hasn't even played two full seasons with us.

I don't know why the french papers keeping linking with too.

RB is probably the weakest spot in the team atm tho.

LOOOOOOOOOOL Milan why do you do this?!?!?!?

pulsemyne

Well swansea through despite losing 2-1. Leon Brittan got set off for 2 yellow cards. We didn't have anything near a full team out though so hopeful things will be good for the weekend.

flippedb

Banned
http://i.minus.com/ifoLgmtLd4LE0.jpg[IMG]

Milan signed Matri, it's pretty much official. We'll pay either €10.5m + €1.5m in bonuses - or €11m + €1m in bonuses. Petagna has been loaned out to Sampdoria.

That's the exact opposite of what I would've done, but I guess that Petagna in that CL group would've been destroyed. Anyway, Berlusconi - Galliani - Allegri had a meeting earlier today and agreed on buying a defender.[/QUOTE]

fml. Why not Honda? Or, if they wanted a striker, at least get a good one!

Linius

I don't know why the french papers keeping linking with too.

RB is probably the weakest spot in the team atm tho.

Well I can tell you it won't improve with him. He's good for us but certainly not a top player. And besides that, he already said he's choosing Ajax over benching in Paris. The WC is coming up and Van der Wiel and Janmaat are probably his biggest competitors for the RB spot. He has to play on a weekly basis.

GHG

Telegraph are reporting that Pep Guardiola agreed to join Arsenal in 2001, but then Vieira's move to Real Madrid fell through.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rsenal-see-Guardiola-as-cover-for-Vieira.html

Fuck..

Its a blessing in disguise that this didn't happen. Vieira was a beast between 2000-2004 and Guardiola got banned for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs in his 1st few months in Italy. Then he obviously came off the drugs and was never the same player again.

We would have gained nothing had this happened.

Juventus have sold Alessandro Matri to Milan for approximately €11m, as confirmed by Milan Channel
That's good enough, well done Marotta.

Our transfer balance sheet must be pretty much even, there must be some room to get some quality players in now. I mean c'mon, freaking Inter and Lazio are spending more money than Juve.

i was just told that rooting for something or someone's failure is "juvenile". i must atone.

Arsenal is a good team and deserves many successes.
Liverpool is a good team and deserves many successes.
PSV is a good team and deserves many successes.
Barcelona is a good team and deserves many successes.
Newcastle is a good team and deserves many successes.
Inter is a good team and deserves many successes.
United is a good team and deserves many successes.
Sporting is a good team and deserves many successes.

Wilbur

Banned
i was just told that rooting for something or someone's failure is "juvenile". i must atone.

Arsenal is a good team and deserves many successes.
Liverpool is a good team and deserves many successes.
PSV is a good team and deserves many successes.
Barcelona is a good team and deserves many successes.
Newcastle is a good team and deserves many successes.
Inter is a good team and deserves many successes.
United is a good team and deserves many successes.
Sporting is a good team and deserves many successes.

Too far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom