• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Remember when we signed Nasri and Aguero etc. We had OT2 - everyone plays for City.

I think we need a "Everyone Plays For Spurs"

Linius

Well from the top of my mind we only bought one player so far, so that's not much either.

But a second one should be coming in. Unless Chelsea is willing to cooperate and loan us Van Ginkel.

I would love us making a move for Labyad but that seems highly unlikely :p

OT4 Woodward and Wenger Saving Up For Their PS4s

Brilliant Will :lol

I think we have made approx £500,000 a week savings in the summer due to player sales and releases. That along with £8.5m for Gervinho.

We would have to go some way to actually use money that we haven't made this summer.

It's fantastic when your club gets rid of the deadwood, but it's totally counter-productive, regardless of the shitness of the players, if you don't replace the holes that the clean-out leaves in your squad depth.

I mean, imagine if someone like Podolski got injured now. Gervinho would have been very handy to have in the situation. Gone. No replacement.

Thank god that hasn't happened yet!

bud23

loool Batigol, your thread made me laugh so hard. It´s pure gold.

I need sex at least once a day. Not just once a day, either. Multiple times a day.

Bolding that last thing; Not just once, multiple multiple multiple times a day.....

She's jokingly said I'm a sex addict, but she's probably not far off.

haha This made my day. You genius, man.

EDIT; OT5/ I need transfers at least once a season. Not just once a season, either. Multiple times per season.

It's fantastic when your club gets rid of the deadwood, but it's totally counter-productive, regardless of the shitness of the players, if you don't replace the holes that the clean-out leaves in your squad depth.

I mean, imagine if someone like Podolski got injured now. Gervinho would have been very handy to have in the situation. Gone. No replacement.

You cunt :lol

Hope Newcastle get relegated ;)

Mikro

Neo Member
John Cross has put an article up saying that Arsenal fear Wenger won't spend anything this summer.

This is really happening, isn't it.

Not just John Cross, Oliver Kay of the Times saying a similar thing,
there is a growing realisation within the club that Arsenal may end up with only two free-transfer signings to show for a summer hat began with IG, citing the increased ability to compete for top-class players

and a line in the mail tomorrow -
However, there are fears within the corridors of power at the Emirates that they will not be able to land any of the high- profile targets before Monday’s deadline — a possibility that will anger supporters. A summer that promised so much has produced very little and manager Arsene Wenger is facing a make-or-break four days.

This probably means the journalists have been told of this possibility from the club.

Also if this does happen there is two weeks of international duty for people to lose their shit over and moan. I'm sort of in the position of being interested as to how badly the fans would react, think it should definitely mean that Wengers contract is not renewed and he leaves the club at the end of the year. We could very likely come out of this summer an absolute shambles looking like mugs - a few days left to try repair it somehow.

Salvadora

Sol Campbell called us an embarrassment in his Sports Direct News column - :lol

Said we should have bought Carrick and Rooney - :lol

Wenger out, Gazidis out, Kroenke out.

Usmanov in. I don't care if he's a bigger criminal than Abramovich, it's obvious he actually cares about the club and football. We need someone at Arsenal who has done time in a Soviet prison.
Not just John Cross, Oliver Kay of the Times saying a similar thing,

and a line in the mail tomorrow -

This probably means the journalists have been told of this possibility from the club.

Also if this does happen there is two weeks of international duty for people to lose their shit over and moan. I'm sort of in the position of being interested as to how badly the fans would react, think it should definitely mean that Wengers contract is not renewed and he leaves the club at the end of the year. We could very likely come out of this summer an absolute shambles looking like mugs - a few days left to try repair it somehow.
We're done. It's heartbreaking, but that's the sad realisation. We are the next Liverpool.

Empty

i would honestly be sad if wenger went out at arsenal at the end of this season after having made only two free signings and (probably) ending up limping out of the top four with no trophies. he's such a legendary manager, ending his era as a parody of himself would be a shame.

K1LLER7

i would honestly be sad if wenger went out at arsenal at the end of this season after having made only two free signings and (probably) ending up limping out of the top four with no trophies. he's such a legendary manager, ending his era as a parody of himself would be a shame.
He'll move to manage PSG or Barca and win titles once again.....or ruin the teams.

Salvadora

Wenger has left Arsenal in such a position that we would completely collapse if he were to go.

Not 4th to 5th, 4th to 8th. Or worse.

Empty

He'll move to manage PSG or Barca and win titles once again.....or ruin the teams.

he's pretty old (now heyneckes and fergie have retired the oldest in a major league maybe??), i kinda expect him to retire if he leaves arsenal. he doesn't seem like much of a hired gun.

GHG

Wenger has left Arsenal in such a position that we would completely collapse if he were to go.

Not 4th to 5th, 4th to 8th. Or worse.

A refresh would do us the world of good. We have enough cash and a strong enough "foundation squad" for a new manager to come in, add to the squad, implement a system and get us up and running in line with their new vision without too much hassle. All of the deadwood got cleared out this summer so a new manager would have a much easier job than if he was to have joined 12 months ago or so.

Honestly, I think this will be Wenger's last year. A lot of things are pointing towards it at the moment.

K1LLER7

he's pretty old (now heyneckes and fergie have retired the oldest in a major league maybe??), i kinda expect him to retire if he leaves arsenal. he doesn't seem like much of a hired gun.
I could see him have a go in France, but your right about his age. Plus Arsenal wouldn't feel right without Arsene.

Arsene goes with Arsenal.

jtb

Banned
the irony is crashing out of the CL early basically ensures we finish in the top 4 since we never had a chance of winning the competition anyways.

Salvadora

A refresh would do us the world of good. We have enough cash and a strong enough "foundation squad" for a new manager to come in, add to the squad, implement a system and get us up and running in line with their new vision without too much hassle. All of the deadwood got cleared out this summer so a new manager would have a much easier job than if he was to have joined 12 months ago or so.

Honestly, I think this will be Wenger's last year. A lot of things are pointing towards it at the moment.
My biggest fear is that a large amount of these players are dependant on Arsene to get the best out of them.

Arsene really has been Arsenal for eons in footballing time, our whole modern structure was basically built by him. I honestly have no idea how any sort of transition would even work. We can hardly let Wenger's contract run out, it would let massive amounts of instability reek havoc on the club on and off the pitch.

It almost feels like not spending any money this summer has been a great big fuck you to all his detractors before he goes. If he says, we're fucked. If he goes, we're fucked.

Timurid

My biggest fear is that a large amount of these players are dependant on Arsene to get the best out of them.

Arsene really has been Arsenal for eons in footballing time, our whole modern structure was basically built by him. I honestly have no idea how any sort of transition would even work. We can hardly let Wenger's contract run out, it would let massive amounts of instability reek havoc on the club on and off the pitch.

It almost feels like not spending any money this summer has been a great big fuck you to all his detractors before he goes. If he says, we're fucked. If he goes, we're fucked.
I hope we're in the same Ucl group next year.

cremino

What about hiring a director of football and stripping Wenger of the power to buy players??

Scum

Get a Baldini clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom