• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

5prfGL6.png

Arnie

Also, Ander Herrera isn't worth €36 million. He's Arteta 2.0.

Explains why Moyeezus wants him, though.

Or does he, pathetic bid #453 of the summer has been turned down by Everton.

3Sixty

Cheers Sean, gone without the shorts.

Fuck sake.

Despised Shay Given for as long as I can remember (think he's wildly overrated), and I think Jones deserves a break considering. Just get me Sakho and Turan, Brendan, and I'm content.

Never forget.

jxrvUUFe4C6l.png

Zabojnik

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Zabo, are you going to buy Jojo's new game? I suck at fucking fighting games, I don't know.

I was/am considering it. Probably not, maybe later down the road, when it hits bargain price. I suck at fighting games too and wouldn't have the time to master it anyway. Looks tons of fun though.

Salvadora

Ivan Gazidis flew into Monaco for the glittering draw, at which Franck Ribery was named the surprise winner of UEFA’s Balon D’Or trophy for being the best player on the continent. But the Gunners chief executive never made it to the auditorium, as he was called away immediately on urgent business.
Might need a Kharma style avatar for Ivan the terrible.

If someone good give me a heads up on how Mumble works I can maybe try to join you guys. Do I need a computer headset for Mumble or something?

PC or an iOS device afaik, maybe you can on android but I don't know how. You connect to the channel like IRC, I've never managed to connect to it though.

I was going to give it a go, but the PS3 was already being used. :(

It's pretty good, playing with randomness sucks since they're really unorganised. I hope we can do a 4v4 this weekend.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marrone has accepted to join Sassuolo on a co ownership deal worth €4m.

co-ownership, good.

We own half their team now, they better bend over and hand us 6 points ffs.

-

I'm also glad we're keeping supersub Eta Beta

BS3glHDIIAA9tOG.jpg

GHG

We've withdrawn from Cabaye bidding. Flamini is us set for midfielders. Now for attacking players please Wenger.

Defensively we're fine

What happens when one of (or both of) Sagna and Jenkinson gets injured? We need a 4th choice CB. Miquel shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team or bench.

Lightning

Banned
What happens when one of (or both of) Sagna and Jenkinson gets injured? We need a 4th choice CB. Miquel shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team or bench.
Flamini can play in defence. He's played their before.

Finding defenders who are okay and like being 4th choice is very difficult.

GHG

"have you been sneaking a look at the dressing room Ipod?"

Look at the songs! Its implying the players want to leave.

So this is what we've stooped to? Next you'll be telling me Theo or Sanogo can play upfront if Giroud gets injured and Gibbs can play left wing if all our wingers are injured...

elseanio

Seems like the person is referring to "Always look on the runway for ice" and "I like to Munich Munich" chants, especially with his first song suggestion.

As always with these twitter accounts, it's just gonna be some admin person that hasn't got a clue

Yen

Seems like the person is referring to "Always look on the runway for ice" and "I like to Munich Munich" chants, especially with his first song suggestion.

As always with these twitter accounts, it's just gonna be some admin person that hasn't got a clue

Wow, had never heard of those chants before. Terrible.

"have you been sneaking a look at the dressing room Ipod?"

Look at the songs! Its implying the players want to leave.

No.

The guy who suggested that playlist chose the songs on the basis of them mocking the Munich Air Crash.

Knowingly or unknowingly, the @LFC response isn't clever.

Salvadora

We are playing in four competitions at the moment.

A club of Arsenal's prestige really shouldn't have a problem getting a talented 4th choice, especially when they definitely would get considerable minutes. I mean, just look at how many CBs United have for example.

I just stopped playing Fifa, and this is what I see:
@Milanello said:
Lancenet claims that Galliani has said that "Kakà is always in our hearts" and that "his return is possible."
@Milanello said:
Sky Italia are also reporting that Milan are seriously considering to bring back Kakà.
@Milanello said:
Milan will try to sign Kakà on loan, according to Sky.
I wish I never stopped playing Fifa.

Lightning

Banned
We are playing in four competitions at the moment.

A club of Arsenal's prestige really shouldn't have a problem getting a talented 4th choice, especially when they definitely would get considerable minutes. I mean, just look at how many CBs United have for example.
Really?

Name a player who would want to come and be 4th choice who is available at a realistic price? Remember this player would need to be better than Sagna at that position.

Clegg

Greg O'Keeffe @GregOK

Roberto Martinez tells @AHunterGuardian that informal talks between #efc and Wigan over James McCarthy have taken place

If we bid for Fellaini alone then we can get him.

Salvadora

Really?

Name a player who would want to come and be 4th choice who is available at a realistic price? Remember this player would need to be better than Sagna at that position.
This isn't any argument against buying one though.

I haven't a barmy who would be a candidate, but I'm not an Arsenal scout. Sagna is still very unproven in that position,and as much as I like Jenkinson, I don't want to in a position in which we rely on him yet.

jtb

Banned
Really?

We should be targeting first choice players who are equal or better to Vermaelen, which I think is a bit more feasible. Everyone gets pushed down the pecking order a little/faced with more competition, but there's still plenty of minutes to be spread around, especially with the 4 competitions + no natural RB cover beyond Jenkinson (so I'd envision Sagna returning to RB if a CB was brought on). But Wenger doesn't seem to be on board with that idea.

Lightning

Banned
This isn't any argument against buying one though.

I haven't a barmy who would be a candidate, but I'm not an Arsenal scout. Sagna is still very unproven in that position,and as much as I like Jenkinson, I don't want to in a position in which we rely on him yet.
Mertesacker and Kos have a pretty good injury record. Vermaelen is coming back now, Flamini can cover both positions. You can only have 25 players in a squad.

CB is not anywhere near our biggest issue. Goal keeper for example after Szczesny we have injury prone Flappy and then no one. Much bigger issue than CB.

On the wing you have Podolski who is okay there, but injured for a prolonged period of time and then Cazorla as a makeshift there. Big issue and that is not even starting on bloody Giroud.

We should be targeting first choice players who are equal or better to Vermaelen, which I think is a bit more feasible. Everyone gets pushed down the pecking order a little/faced with more competition, but there's still plenty of minutes to be spread around, especially with the 4 competitions + no natural RB cover beyond Jenkinson (so I'd envision Sagna returning to RB if a CB was brought on). But Wenger doesn't seem to be on board with that idea.
In the ideal world I would agree but in our current situation I don't. CB can wait, address it in January if we get a shit run of injuries. GK, Wing and striker have to be priority.

Giroud can't play every week for 90 minutes.

Clegg

Yup. Think you'll go for Baines?

There's a slim chance imo.

He's 29, has two years left on his contract and, if reports are true, wants to leave. This is Everton's last chance to get a significant cash sum for him. But at the same time they know that Baines is a thorough professional so he won't sulk if he doesn't get his move to United. He's vital to their style of play so they may just decide to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom